Callaway Apex MB Irons

No AW?! Come on!! :p

So excited for you! I played them today, and they just make a guy love 'em. Congrats on doing a thing. 👊
the MMTs are going to be an adjustment. my first into graphite iron shafts

the MMTs are going to be an adjustment. my first into graphite iron shafts
Should be fun. I've only really played them in a couple wedges, so I'm curious to hear how it goes for you.

Those look ******* hot.

Oh man. Makes me want to play golf. Right. Now.

We need all the reports. Especially on the feel and flight of those shafts with them. The whole setup just looks like it wants to carve holes UP.

Those look ******* hot.

Oh man. Makes me want to play golf. Right. Now.

We need all the reports. Especially on the feel and flight of those shafts with them. The whole setup just looks like it wants to carve holes UP.

will report. won't be able to get out until Friday. maybe i can catch a quick range session tomorrow.

I’m very curious about the 8 to PW in these and if I want to combo them with the new Pros.
Not sure if it would really provide any benefit over just going full pros.

I’m very curious about the 8 to PW in these and if I want to combo them with the new Pros.

I ponder the same things. The Pros look pretty sweet. I'd love to compare them side by side.

Would love a full report on those MMT 105 TX. Curious what they are comparable to in steel shafts (if anything?)

I've never tried a single CB that can easily achieve the trajectories of those MB's, while having enough spin to hold anything. And the soles are a dream through anything of course. That's the benefit for me. Unless I need to clear a vertical obstacle, I can't stand short irons being thrown up to the whims of nature. Besides getting moved around in the air, it peels off spin, and creates more uncontrolled momentum after landing. And being able to cut and draw them easier is real handy at times.

That's all. They look totally badass too, but I don't care about such things.

;)

I've never tried a single CB that can easily achieve the trajectories of those MB's, while having enough spin to hold anything. And the soles are a dream through anything of course. That's the benefit for me. Unless I need to clear a vertical obstacle, I can't stand short irons being thrown up to the whims of nature. Besides getting moved around in the air, it peels off spin, and creates more uncontrolled momentum after landing. And being able to cut and draw them easier is real handy at times.

That's all. They look totally badass too, but I don't care about such things.

;)

Totally get it. Curious.....do you think the JAWS wedge for example would be an equal or better option in the PW spot?

Totally get it. Curious.....do you think the JAWS wedge for example would be an equal or better option in the PW spot?
Not equal or better to me, but really good. I like the shape and sole and everything of the jaws. I just can't stand them in the bag. And the cg is a little different. They're just different. They're not a true blade in a sense. They're a blade wedge. If that makes sense. The Apex MB PW (and mf'ing A) are a delight. I would do violence over that A wedge. Most versatile club I own.

Not equal or better to me, but really good. I like the shape and sole and everything of the jaws. I just can't stand them in the bag. And the cg is a little different. They're just different. They're not a true blade in a sense. They're a blade wedge. If that makes sense. The Apex MB PW (and mf'ing A) are a delight. I would do violence over that A wedge. Most versatile club I own.
Oh.....didn't know they did an A wedge in the MB too. Clearly I'm not paying attention.

I don't get why they go from a pretty standard Stiff (in the MMTs) to TOUR EXXXTRA STIFF. I mean, I'm kind of a tweener and play X in most stuff, but TX scares the beans out of me...

I don't get why they go from a pretty standard Stiff (in the MMTs) to TOUR EXXXTRA STIFF. I mean, I'm kind of a tweener and play X in most stuff, but TX scares the beans out of me...
Yeah it would be nice to see more flexes and weights made available from Callaway. I only see 85(r), 95(s), 105(tx). And from the MMT there isn't an X flex so might need to soft/hard step based on your fit.

another review

-5 front side with the Apex MB/IO 6.5 this morning and it was tons of fun. The back went sideways a bit, but that was mostly tee issues. Those apex were still carving it up. Definitely going to have to work something out with them and the new Pros.

-5 front side with the Apex MB/IO 6.5 this morning and it was tons of fun. The back went sideways a bit, but that was mostly tee issues. Those apex were still carving it up. Definitely going to have to work something out with them and the new Pros.
Dude.....STOP LOOKING..... lol....

Back