Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Do you feel like mishits also have solid feel and good results?
Not him, but…haha

For me, you KNOW when you miss with the CB’s both in sound and feel. Results are what I expect depending on where the miss is on the face, but there is an impressive degree of playability for the profile for sure.

Not him, but…haha

For me, you KNOW when you miss with the CB’s both in sound and feel. Results are what I expect depending on where the miss is on the face, but there is an impressive degree of playability for the profile for sure.
Good to know. I bet those CBs feel amazing when we’ll struck

Good to know. I bet those CBs feel amazing when we’ll struck
They’re a hoot. Coming from the new T100’s, there is imo more feel here on terms of they’re just…plush…at impact on decent strikes.

Not him, but…haha

Nailed it... I do think they feel much better thin that I expected. Toe strikes turn a little more but thats also a delivery issue. I can't say I've played anything that feels this good on a well struck centered shot

I have a LOT of these coming for CB vs Pro, but, I took a minute to do an MB 11 vs JAWS RAW 50F head to head for grins.

The results are kind of fun. Five consecutive shots with each.

Screenshot (149).pngScreenshot (151).png

Answering a couple questions for me.

6) What type of ball flight are you seeing? High? Mid? Low? Draw or fade propensity?

Hitting a pretty consistent draw. Which I like to see.

7) How do the misses play for you? Low on face? High on face? Toe side? Heel side?

For me misses are almost always high low.

8) How is distance? Carry? Total? Gapping?

Distance is good, but these irons spin a bit more than the previous apex. Trying to adjust to that. Because of that they are a smidge shorter than I am expecting at times.

I wanted to get into ball flight as a whole a little bit.

For me, I'm pretty freaking pleased with the flight that I am seeing. I would class it as mid-high to high through the set with all clubs breaking that 30Y threshold off the deck which I judge things by for my game.

But, most interesting and exciting for me has been the belief that I can absolutely elevate things when needed also hit flighted frozen ropes as necessary as well. Yes, I can do these things with most CB irons, but, it comes more natural here for me for whatever reason. I think some of that is shafts, the Mid's in X100 are a revelation that I can play steel again, and play them well, but the balance in the build as a whole allow me to really FEEL where the head is at all times. \

They are CB's, they SHOULD be workable. But, to be a LONG as they are for me and STILL workable? That is a new experience in this segment for me.

Interesting numbers.
Excellent numbers IMO for a GW. Especially with little to no warm up and focusing on entirely effortless swings to capture some normal and non distance focused data.

Excellent numbers IMO for a GW. Especially with little to no warm up and focusing on entirely effortless swings to capture some normal and non distance focused data.
Yeah, I didn’t say they were bad.

Digging through some things, this is kind of interesting:

Screenshot (135).pngScreenshot (107).png

These were taken weeks apart from each other, but still a fun comparison of two of the premier CB's out there.

Some good numbers. The standard deviation on the MB is excellent. The high and low shots I agree with fully. I was going to reshaft with Dart 105 because I really liked it in my previous set but I don't NEED to. It would be a want. In my experience, if you hit it in the area where the visible weight is, the feel doesn't change much on impact.

Can I make a request when you do numbers for something around the 5 iron? I know my abilities limit it but I can't keep them down unless I turn the ball left. It seems like it really over spins on any type of mid iron fade.

Will you capture the 4 or 5 iron vs the Pro if you have them available? (I'm enjoying the 4 iron when I strike it well but I think shots will start to leak away if I try to use it through an entire season)

Some good numbers. The standard deviation on the MB is excellent. The high and low shots I agree with fully. I was going to reshaft with Dart 105 because I really liked it in my previous set but I don't NEED to. It would be a want. In my experience, if you hit it in the area where the visible weight is, the feel doesn't change much on impact.

Can I make a request when you do numbers for something around the 5 iron? I know my abilities limit it but I can't keep them down unless I turn the ball left. It seems like it really over spins on any type of mid iron fade.

Will you capture the 4 or 5 iron vs the Pro if you have them available? (I'm enjoying the 4 iron when I strike it well but I think shots will start to leak away if I try to use it through an entire season)
That is on my checklist for this week! Hoping now that the holiday is over and I got some rest that my body will finally cooperate. Want to do 5 Pro vs CB as well as 4 Pro vs 4 CB vs 23 UT as well!

The UT with a LINQ Black hybrid shaft might be at the very top of my list in the 4 iron spot. ;)

The UT with a LINQ Black hybrid shaft might be at the very top of my list in the 4 iron spot. ;)
I have been thinking about just adding a pro 3 iron bent a smidge weak and the mmt 105 Tx in that spot.

I have been thinking about just adding a pro 3 iron bent a smidge weak and the mmt 105 Tx in that spot.
I don't think I can strike it well enough to use that set up consistently but it sounds good.

I don't think I can strike it well enough to use that set up consistently but it sounds good.
The UT is a great option. I have about 6 rounds on the 23 already.

The UT is a great option. I have about 6 rounds on the 23 already.
The Callaway UTs are always so flat for me. I need more height.

The Callaway UTs are always so flat for me. I need more height.
Its why I always play them in the 23 range. But, this one with the shape change has more mass low to elevate easier, they had a lot of design intent on this one to rectify the feedback on the previous versions for sure.

It is interesting tat the Jaws Raw has both higher ball speed and spin.
I think some of that speed is just me having 100+ rounds of comfort on the 50 when the 11 was still in the getting to know you place.

The spin doesn't surprise me though, I figured the JAWS would spin more.

It is interesting tat the Jaws Raw has both higher ball speed and spin.
The spin I expected for some reason. The ball speen is a little difference but the standard deviation on the MB is impressive

I think some of that speed is just me having 100+ rounds of comfort on the 50 when the 11 was still in the getting to know you place.

Assuming the comfort level to be equal out, is there one of the two that you think yields better proximity?

Digging through some things, this is kind of interesting:

View attachment 9224534View attachment 9224535

These were taken weeks apart from each other, but still a fun comparison of two of the premier CB's out there.
Given that they were not on the same day, variances of swing from one day to the next could bean that they are essentially identical. It is a fun comparison.

It really “should” spin more. It is one reason I went to the 11 over the jaws. I wanted less spin.

Back