Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
I never owned any Callaway apparel prior to this year. I picked a piece up from Nordstroms (I was surprised to see it there so I grabbed it to try it out) and then I recently got a few pieces in for review. I'm curious - what do you know about Callaway apparel and what is your opinion on it?

I'd imagine we should have a lot of GD alumni in here with plenty of experiences.

In the past I have struggled with it. The new Tour line they have put out this year is solid though.

Blade collars or bust...j/k

I used to think their polos were very scratchy. Have not ever looked to buy apparel from them since I moved away from where a PGATSS was.

Haven't had any of their gear in several years. The last few polos I had were boxy and had a bad collar. They also were slow to pick up on the stretchy fabric craze. Haven't tried any of their stuff in about 4-5 years.

their sizing in the past has been really bad IMO. But the materials in recent years have been pretty decent.

their sizing in the past has been really bad IMO. But the materials in recent years have been pretty decent.
#garbageBags

Got to be honest, their Big & Tall clothing is really good. I load up when they have a 40% off of clearance. Really liking the materials.

I picked up a Callaway shirt last year on Oahu at Ko Olina. It has become one of my favorite golf polos actually. Fits great and breathes well. Still the only piece of Callaway Apparel I have though. :D

Each piece I’ve owned has ran a bit large, which for me is what I prefer. I am not a fan of the athletic cuts so the bagginess of them suits my tastes a bit more.

I have a few Callaway polos that I like a lot. I've never tried any shorts/pants. I haven't had an issue with sizing.

I like them. I still own and use the golf shorts I got from the Morgan Cup 4 years ago. They're comfortable and very durable. I recently retired the last shirt from that event, as a couple of the panels have faded considerably.

Overall I have nothing but nice things to say about their quality. The style is kinda plain, and I'm rarely able to find them on sale, though.

I’m with Mark, the collection in the Big and Tall section is great for both pants/shorts and shirt. Outwear seems to run a little smaller than stated compared to UA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Travis Matthews do the Cally apparel line now or is it licensed. At one time I think Cutter & Buck made it.

Does Travis Matthews do the Cally apparel line now or is it licensed. At one time I think Cutter & Buck made it.

It’s still PEI. They have licensed the name for some time now.

The PEI stuff I had from a couple years ago definitely ran large.

The PEI stuff I had from a couple years ago definitely ran large.
Yep, it's why none of my Grandaddy stuff fits, bummer.

Yep, it's why none of my Grandaddy stuff fits, bummer.

Yes, I have a whole set of XL that won’t fit me either. Mike sent me some of his large shirts and at least I can wear those.

I’ve noticed a theme of issues with the line several years ago - any idea what changed?

Callaway clothing never worked for me. Never a good fit in shorts, and the shirts have a cheap look. I see it marked down all the time in Marshall's and TJ Maxx stores. I stick with mainly Nike apparel, and some Under Armour cold gear mocks during the winter.

Yeah, I was the same way. I have a shirt that is super tight, a short sleeve warm up jacket that is huge and I tried a pair of the pants a year or 2 ago and I was not impressed with the sizing. Hopefully they get it dialed in as they had some cool designs.

I'm of the mindset that Callaway makes excellent golf clubs - which makes sense because they are an equipment company.

Under Armour makes excellent clothing - which also makes sense because they are a clothing company.

I'm good with buying what companies are known for and do best.

I have 2 pair of their shorts, pretty nice

I'm of the mindset that Callaway makes excellent golf clubs - which makes sense because they are an equipment company.

Under Armour makes excellent clothing - which also makes sense because they are a clothing company.

I'm good with buying what companies are known for and do best.

Does your analysis change knowing that Callaway licenses the name to a clothing company?

And PS, does you name reference a Mitch Hedberg joke?

I have one of the Tour II polo shirts and have no issues with the fit - it is the same size as the other polos that I have and they all fit the same on me
I do have another polo but I can't remember which range it is from (Jen bought it for me)

The only difference between some of them is the length of the body of the polo, I have a Nike one that is just long enough to stay tucked in my shorts

Back