Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

What kind of ball flight has everyone been seeing in terms of height?

The Hybrid has performed really well for me but one strange thing is it flys lower than every club in my bag pretty much every time. I generally have a mid to high ball flight and hit towering shots with hybrids but get a low piercing flight with the B21. It’s actually been a benefit as I’m usually looking for maximum distance with this club and I’m getting a nice roll at the end.

Wondering if others are finding the same thing?

30-35 yds peak height avg, with it getting ~40 yards at top end (based on sim session stats). On course it is visibly higher peak height than the 4-iron it replaced.

For my B21 driver, I normally have a nice high draw or straight. With the B21 3-wood, I have a nice mid-high trajectory being mostly straight. With my B21 3 hybrid, I have a very controllable mid trajectory straight shot. I am so pleased with all of the B21 wood line up. As I have stated before, I played the Callaway Max driver for a few months and loved it with the Ventus Blue shaft, but the B21 absolutely, hands down is better for me even with the OEM RCH stiff shaft. I have hit my longest drives with it and I am no longer afraid of that right miss like I used to be. I tried the Max 3-wood, it didn't work out for me, even with a different shaft. The B21 3-wood beat it out with ease. The B21 3-wood has been so much easier to hit and control for me. I also tried the Max hybrid and it didn't work out for me. The B21 hybrid beat it out with so much ease, it wasn't even a comparison.

edit: I tried the B21 irons and hit them extremely well, however I was losing a ton of distance due to the high trajectory and the spin the irons produced. Extremely easy to hit but way too high of a trajectory and spin. Decided to go with the Mavrik std irons and I have been very, very pleased on this decision.

Last edited:
One thing I continue to be impressed by with the hybrid is the forgiveness on off-center strikes. I'm not a consistent ball striker and tend to miss all over the face. I'm finding that as long as I make solid contact I am getting a pretty good shot even if it's off the center. The feel is just so pure and the club so forgiving that it's hard to tell sometimes when I miss because everything that's well struck is at least a decent result.

I have been particularly impressed with shots off the bottom of the face. I don't discriminate with my misses but I tend to top the ball quite a bit which normally results in an embarrassing ground ball. I had a shot off the bottom of the face with the hybrid this weekend and ended up with a smashed low stinger that carried well over 200 yards. I was amazed at the forgiveness on a shot that I would have expected to roll 80 yards to a chorus of laughs from my buddies. This is not the first time I have gotten this result off low contact like that.

callaway b21 irons has shaft options, anyone have any input on the list provided?
KBS MAX CT80
KBS MAX 90
KBS TOUR V
PROJECT X LZ 95
PROJECT X LZ 105
TRUE TEMPER DYNAMIC GOLD
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 95
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 95 BLK
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 105

callaway b21 irons has shaft options, anyone have any input on the list provided?
KBS MAX CT80
KBS MAX 90
KBS TOUR V
PROJECT X LZ 95
PROJECT X LZ 105
TRUE TEMPER DYNAMIC GOLD
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 95
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 95 BLK
TRUE TEMPER ELEVATE 105
I believe during my fitting, we were using the CT80 and it was very nice feeling. The irons were a bit too spinny and too high of a trajectory, but they felt great! I played the Elevate 95 in my CF16's the whole year and really enjoyed them also.

Just for info, I hit my 7 CF16 iron 170 (carry). Not sure if that helps or not, but the Elevate 95's worked very well for me. The Max CT80's seemed to be just as good and a bit easier to turn over (left to right) but not hooky.

Unfortunately I had to take the B21 3 wood out of the bag. Its a great feeling fairway wood, but wanted to hook too much. Got to the point where I was afraid to swing it on the course. Still love the B21 driver and will remain in the bag through the winter. My ST190 3w with GD AD DI is back in and much better for my swing.

I made a couple small adjustments to my hybrid swing this weekend, basically just shortened my backswing and moved my hands back a bit to adjust to the offset and closed face of this club. It made a world of difference for me in terms of the ball flight I was seeing. I have posted a few times about a lower ball flight with a pretty substantial draw with my B21 hybrid. This change seems to have me dialed in as every shot I hit was an ideal mid-high flight and dead straight this weekend. I hit a few absolute bombs this weekend and everything went dead straight. I was getting a bit nervous that the big draw and occasional hook would be too much for me to control but a couple swing changes and I was completely dialed in. I'm stoked to have the ball flight figured out as the distance and forgiveness of this club is just too good to miss out on.

Played 18 yesterday and today. Circumstances didn't allow me to use the club a ton. Only once yesterday on a long par 3. Hit a nice draw pin high just right of the green in the second cut putting.

Today I hit my first really bad shot with it that wasn't a top. Hit a monster hook about 215. I was over the green by about 15 yards and about 30-40 yard left. Had a 45 yard chip. My other shot was a second shot on a par 5. I was 275 out and knew I wasn't going to reach. Hit a nice 200 yard shot pretty straight. It for sure launches great off of a clean fairway.

The more I play with it I only really hit bad shots off of the tee. Which doesn't really make sense. I need to think about it more. It seems very forgiving and inviting when I am not on the tee But for some reason I get on the tee box and think a hook is definitely in play. Which until today I hadn't really had a big monster hook with it. I think the offset is messing with me on the tee. It really is mental I think. I don't mind a little offset usually. My irons are x2 hots which definitely have that. I usually don't think anything of it whether there is offset or not.

The B21 hybrid has quickly become one of the most consistent and valuable clubs in the bag for me. Not something I ever expected to say of a club this long.

Results are pretty consistent with my previous posts but I had a shot today I wanted to brag about which demonstrates how great this club is. I pushed a long drive right of the fairway on a long par 5. I was about 275 to the pin into the wind. I had a decently sized tree obstructing my view and a terrible lie. The ball was on a flat perch but I had to stand on a hill with my feet well below the ball and the ball in a concave little spot. My buddies were laughing when I told them I was going for the green and were waiting for the imminent dissster. I took a nice controlled swing and smoked one 260 dead on line to just short of the green. I couldn’t hit that shot with any other club as nothing in my bag has that kind of pop and forgiveness.

I’m pretty wild with my driver and the B21 hybrid has been a life saver for me when I top or hook my driver on a longer hole.

This just popped up and I thought I'd give a +1 to what @Afizzle2100 said about this. He was rock solid with his B21 hybrid all weekend.

This is tempting!
362DE5D0-DEE6-4D7A-872B-E1E79EC00C24.jpegBDFD63F7-CA07-4A78-A7C6-1FA09B1B3541.jpeg

Haven’t been here in a while only because I’ve been playing almost no golf due to holidays/ and winter weather.

however wanted to pop back in. First things first I piped this thing 250 down the gut on my first shot in the Ben Hogan experience and it was so satisfying. The only club I could trust the entire weekend!

I’ve since played a few rounds back home in the cold Midwest and it still holds up. I almost exclusively play this club on Par 5’s for tee shot and approach. It sometimes takes the green in 2 out of the equation, but it’s straight down the middle and I know it gives me a very reasonable shot at birdie if it chip or putt well. This included a 265 tee ball directly into the wind. Again knowing that the ball flight will be straight and controlled I’m not afraid to try different ball flights because the miss isn’t that significant.

this club has completely changed my views on hybrids. I was very much against them as I always felt like I was trying to help the ball up. However, this thing launches so easily.

I also have figured out how to play a pretty hard draw flight with this club which has worked wonders for me at some courses, because I can’t play a draw with my driver at all. Can’t wait to get this on a launch monitor session and get some numbers

Last edited:
Anyone bagging the B21 5h or 6h?
Curious how they play. With the offset are they hooky or just high launching?

5 wood just joined the family and I can’t wait!

04B65192-919D-46F1-BD2A-64BE85FC4934.jpeg

Curious if any low cappers are playing the hybrid or if it's mostly high handicaps like me?

I love the club and it has been awesome for me. I have some friends asking me about it but they are better players that don't have constant trouble with a right miss like I do. Any better ball strikers out there finding success?

Curious if any low cappers are playing the hybrid or if it's mostly high handicaps like me?

I love the club and it has been awesome for me. I have some friends asking me about it but they are better players that don't have constant trouble with a right miss like I do. Any better ball strikers out there finding success?

What’s your cap @jvbart ? I’m a 7 but am trending towards a 9. However, I’m a bit of a unicorn in terms of I fight a very bad right miss off the tee exclusively like a high capper so my input may not be as beneficial.

I think it’s a perfect club for low cappers as long as they can get over the offset. Low cappers may not like the look of the club as they don’t need that shut of a club face. @Jman is a lower cap that had this issue maybe he can speak more to it.

I'm an 18 and my buddies are in the 10-12 range but generally pretty good ball strikers. They are shorter hitters than me but see the power I'm getting out of the club and want the extra distance. I have posted a few times on the distance but I'm able to pull 270 out of a good shot with the 3 hybrid which is 10-20 yards better than my last 3 hybrid. I was curious how better ball strikers handle the offset and closed face, it took me a few weeks to adapt even with a typical right miss.

some days i shoot even, somedays i shoot 90..
i love the b21 lineup, i currently have driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and 5 hybrid, around christmas ill get the 4 hybrid. the looks have definitely grown on me, not that i didnt like them at first at all either, they looked fine to me, but its an acquired taste i suppose with the head shape and offset. i did get a lot of use out of the driver, but the others ive gotten towards the end of the season so not much play with them. i would tell anyone regardless their handicap to try them out, give them a shot, its worth it.

some days i shoot even, somedays i shoot 90..
i love the b21 lineup, i currently have driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and 5 hybrid, around christmas ill get the 4 hybrid. the looks have definitely grown on me, not that i didnt like them at first at all either, they looked fine to me, but its an acquired taste i suppose with the head shape and offset. i did get a lot of use out of the driver, but the others ive gotten towards the end of the season so not much play with them. i would tell anyone regardless their handicap to try them out, give them a shot, its worth it.
Nice that's good to know! I'm going to let one of them try it out on the range before our round on Saturday and see if he gets the same result as me.

I generally shoot 75 to 78 I am 72 I try to hit the ball straight and 2 putt. I hit most greens in regulation or close enough to chip and 1 putt. WORKING the ball is overated. Hit it STRAIGHT know your distance then make the putt and you will impress most people. I just got the B21 hybrid 5 and 6 they go high and straight which is what I want.

I generally shoot 75 to 78 I am 72 I try to hit the ball straight and 2 putt. I hit most greens in regulation or close enough to chip and 1 putt. WORKING the ball is overated. Hit it STRAIGHT know your distance then make the putt and you will impress most people. I just got the B21 hybrid 5 and 6 they go high and straight which is what I want.
How far do you hit those ? Do you then go 6i or 7i ?

I'm so confused as to why these irons have gotten NO love, what's the deal? Has no one tried or played these?
I'm shocked, their a callaway iron! What is it..

I’ve just recently got a used Tour Edge HL3 os 3w at 15.5* from eBay cheaply as an experiment and I’m enjoying it.
I’m looking for any possible feedback between it and the b21 3w if anyone has played both. I’m curious if the 43” length on the b21 would suit better and possibly more tech with flash face, jailbreak for greater results.
I’ve seen the b21 on n shops and it looks fantastic.

Just watched another review on the irons-
The guy hit them great, said they ticked all the boxes, said they were the best GI irons he’d ever tried, said the sound and feel was a little different and they were chunky looking.
He then proceeded to say they wouldn’t make his bag. I thought to myself what the f are you talking about your a 15 handicap and these aren’t making your bag their not what your looking for? I’m below an 8 and I’m strongly considering these. During the video I watched the guy say how “easy” these clubs were to hit probably 25 times he went on and on blah blah blah yet they won’t make his bag.

This goes back to the once a month threads that are created about can you play a club that might not check your boxes for style or whatever but you’ll play better club. I gotta admit I think most people are BSing when they say yes I can, I don’t buy it..

Back