Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Does anyone have pics of the set wedges (G/S/L)? Thanks!

I am so impressed with the B21 driver, I bought the 3 wood. My current 3 wood is the ST190 with gd ad di, which has been good. But maybe the B21 is better.
Lefty, did you have a chance to hit the 3 wood yet? Thoughts?

The transition has begun. Review on the 3 wood coming this week. Overall by the looks, I like it.
RCH 55 stiff.

B2426435-7AA1-4D7F-91F8-E5E5AC85F0BA.jpegAEB86B2F-A9C0-4FB5-B0E2-A9D316FEFA45.jpegB2B6B8F4-418A-4E74-ADB5-960E8324933A.jpeg2481ADB4-24CF-4C2D-886E-E524162F7153.jpeg765BE2C5-229E-4407-9A47-5CC186DC8F6D.jpegBABA448A-27AA-4EC3-8397-B9E5FAA1B1EB.jpeg

Ball go far. Ball go left, for me, hahaha

Ive got some deep thoughts for the hybrid here this afternoon (y)
@Jman, did you hit the Mavrik hybrids? If so, are the BB hybrids more draw biased than the Mavriks?

I think I would totally play the complete Big Bertha B21 line up! And, go hybrid 3H to 8H! And, go all RCH graphite!

I think I would totally play the complete Big Bertha B21 line up! And, go hybrid 3H to 8H! And, go all RCH graphite!
3-4-5 hybrids are next for me

So a little while back there was a contest held on the page where 8 Lucky Golfers would be selected to try and review the New Callaway Big Bertha S21 Driver/Hybrid. I was one of the Lucky 8 and received the opportunity of trying the BB S21 Hybrid. I ordered the "stock" 3H but chose the RCH Shaft over the steel one. Now a little about myself, I'm 59yrs old, rotator cuff surgeries on both shoulders along with a dbl lung transplant. So, as you can see I'm a mess...lol; anyway, I am also a Mid 20's HCP and play roughly 2-3 rounds a week here in Ohio. Now for my review:
I got the club about 2 weeks ago and it was a beauty. I usually use a Srixon Hybrid so that's what I had to compare it with. First thing I did notice was that it seemed HEAVIER than the Srixon. the RCH shaft was sturdy and had very little whip when I shook the club. The face of the S21 H was somewhat large but the "sweet spot" looked awesome. I went to my local range and play a small bucket. This is where it gets a little dicey. I mostly SLICE and let's just say I play Trevino Style- meaning aim left it goes right..lol. Callaway has promoted that this "new Big Betha Line" decreases and should eliminate the slice for golfers; well it didn't eliminate mine but did decrease the banana curve. I usually hit my 3H around 180-190 and I was obtaining that with this club. Best part was that the "slice" was DECREASED, so those yards I was losing previously I got some back. Since my range day I have played 5 times and used the club about a dozen times, I really like the sound it makes when striking the ball. Crisp, pop and IMO I can feel the ball explode off the face. My score out of 10 is 9.5, if it would cure my slice then it's a 10. Again, I would like to thank THP and Callaway Golf for giving me this opportunity.

Attachments

• 20200923_124723 (002).jpg
    20200923_124723 (002).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200923_124713 (002).jpg
    20200923_124713 (002).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
Merged with the correct thread.

Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on a 54° wedge. Gettin' closer, though. Given Callaway's design intent and @mbradley's comments, I think that when it's time to go back to the store I'll have to grab both a BB B21 and a Cleveland CBX2 and try 'em both.

I haven't been able to make the drive to my nearest trackman range to get some actual numbers on my swing. So today i have decided to do a different test.

I'm playing 18 later today, and I am only going to tee off with my Big Bertha B-21 3 Hybrid today on all Par 4's and Par 5's. I average 5 fairways per round currently using a mix of clubs.

This should be a good test of how much control this club can give to your game.

I've been waiting to put out a more in depth review as of recent, only because i haven't been hitting the club well. The more i have hit the club, the more i have been hitting my slice. However, when i catch the ball correctly it is the straightest ball flight I've ever had in a hyrbid. It feels more like my swing is complete crap at the moment, as opposed to it being the clubs fault. Hoping to today my swing feels good and i can get some good feedback!

If anyone has any questions on the club feel free to ask!

I apologize for my lack of response. I got home Saturday evening and it was waiting. I've been out of town for two weeks. It was 11:30 but that didn't stop me from opening it.

Initial reaction. Beautiful. The crown is amazing. It felt square to me which it is. I thought it was big. But Sunday I pulled out my 818 and they were pretty close to heavy.

It felt heavier initially but the reality the weight is distributed perfect. I love the stock shaft. It does not really feel like a regular. I think it feels like a regular hard stepped.

At address it feels amazing. The offset and the overall shape makes it feel like you are going to hit the ball great.

From some of the Driver reviews I was worried it might not be the club for me and I would hit a ton of duck hooks.

This was not the case. Actual play time I only have 9 holes yesterday. I played a par 30. I didn't bring anything longer and used it off the tee. First shot I hit a nice pretty draw. It wasn't a bomb. But it definitely will help me fill the gap I was missing from from my Heaven wood and old 4h.

I hit my next tee shot. The guys were letting me play through so I hit a nice draw but I rushed and didn't aim right. I aimed at center of green and should have been right side or at a right bunker. Went in the bunker.

Got to another set of guys and they let me hit through too. Hit about a 195 yard right down the middle.

Next par 4 was open so I let it rip. Hit about 10 balls. I aimed about 5 yards in from the water on the hole. I pushed one right into the water. Out of the other 10 I either hit straight shot or slight draws right in the middle of the fairway. I had one more that I hit a pretty big pull with a draw and ended up rolling through the fairway.

On the 9th I hit just cause. It was a 161 par 4 but the green runs 35 yards deep to 190 so I decided to hit it. Aimed for the front right bunker and flew it with a nice little hop and stop. I left myself about a 35 foot putt.

Definitely a keeper. I was super worried from other reviews it was going to be a hook machine. I like the offset. It is just a beautiful club. Just gorgeous.

After one session with it I am not sure you could slice it but you can definitely hit it straight. I was worried I would just be hitting hooks after reading some and that is not the case.

I truly don't this club is just for anti slicers. It hits it high and it hits it far. Like I said my only bad sot when I got 10 off was slightly right because I opened up. If I was aimed in the middle of the fairway it would have been fine.I had a gapping problem with my old 5h. I was 161-165 with my 5h and 174 with my 4h. I These were all in the 180 to 185 range with one tee shot that went about 200. If this closes the gap I had to my HW which is 195-205 I am good with that gap at the top of my bag.

So as mentioned earlier I played all tee shots tonight with my Callaway B-21 3 Hybrid 19°.

I normally average about 5/14 fairways hit. Today I hit 8/14 fairways and the fairways that I missed were not off by very far. I normally average 3.4 penalty strokes per round and today I only had 2 penalty strokes tonight. I shot a 42 and a 44. I was playing some very consistent golf throughout the front 9 and without a few tough OB breaks would have shot better than my 85 scoring average.

I had not been swinging the club well as of recent so it has been hard for me to give a good review. Again this club can’t fix downright ugly. However it absolutely provides serious draw bias. The offset has become unnoticeable for me. If anything it gives me confidence that I won’t slice my ball while standing over it. The ball flight is very straight when struck correctly. However, if you prefer hitting cuts you can still produce that ball flight with solid contact. Just not as exaggerated as other clubs. I sacrificed no distance on the tee with this club. I had helping wind on some holes today, but 3 of my drives with the hybrid reached or slightly surpassed 300 yards. You can tell when hitting one pure that this is state of the art tech. I have an epic flash driver and the flash face does feel the same when hitting the center of the face. I’ve never had as much precision with a hybrid before as i have with this club. I feel confident teeing off with this club from any distance, and feel confident in my accuracy with it 225yards out in the fairway. This club hasn’t been my go to out of the rough just because I prefer to hit irons out of those lies and the distances haven’t made sense. However I am interested how it is as a hack out club from thick rough. That may be something to keep an eye on in terms of the offset, but so far this club is quickly becoming my most reliable.

I will say one adjustment every person should prepare for with this club is changing your line of sight. It can be very hard to stare down the right side when you are used to slicing the ball. This lack of commitment can cause bailouts that bring back the dreaded slice. If you commit to the shot while aiming just right of your target this club will help with the rest.

Alright, here we go....

About Me:

So, those who’ve read the forum and homepage know a bit. I’m a stronger swinger who at one time played as many as three hybrids in the bag at any given time because I was a lower ball hitter. Times definitely change :ROFLMAO:

Present day, I’m down to one because I lose hybrids left, plus, I can hit long irons quite well now. But, I was excited to choose the loft I currently carry a hybo to work with this one as it’s the only true comfort spot for a hybrid right now for me.

I went with the 4H and the RCH 65S.

Thoughts So Far:

I’ve drug my feet a bit here because I’ve been fighting this one a bit. My issue is one that I didn’t want to effect the feedback of testing but there is just a LOT of offset here. That isn’t my favorite but I can typically adjust, the issue here is I hit a draw with my hybrid already and this just put straight fear into me looking down at it. :ROFLMAO:

As such, it’s a taken a bit to acclimate. I’ve been able to tame it on the course though it’s also extremely lightweight for me, and can in fact hit about a one foot fade if I try hard enough. Haha

It’s a gorgeous club though, beyond the offset, the shape and sizing is imo really good. They’ve made the square toe look their own over the years and the blue metal flake crown is fantastic.

Sound and feel is stellar here as well, this dude has got some power behind it, but it’s also the first Callaway hybrid I’ve hit in years (since OG Apex) that has some spin to it. This means it’s not just a rocket launcher, though to be fair I’ve still not let myself go full tilt at it for the fact that the left gets more left for me with it when I do. But it also means really good descent into greens that will make it an option there, which for the B21 demographic is CRUCIAL.

I’ll have more as I make myself commit to trying to play the flight for me, and Believe me it’s crazy for me to play it at the right and KNOW with zero doubt it’ll be turning back. But, I also grabbed some data for you all on the GC2, trying another session today that will ha e a screen capture, but for now, I leave you with the averages of 24 shots:

Ball Speed: 139.2 (Peak: 144.1, Low: 133.7)
Launch: 14.4
Spin: 4,358 RPM
Peak: 36Y (108FT)
Carry: 210
Descent: 45.9
Dispersion: 27.4 Left of Target

My 3 wood came in today. Looks a little ugly, but if it performs it will stay in the bag. Also the B21 woods looks good in my Mizuno cart bag.20200930_161329.jpg20200930_161403.jpg

So a little while back there was a contest held on the page where 8 Lucky Golfers would be selected to try and review the New Callaway Big Bertha S21 Driver/Hybrid. I was one of the Lucky 8 and received the opportunity of trying the BB S21 Hybrid. I ordered the "stock" 3H but chose the RCH Shaft over the steel one. Now a little about myself, I'm 59yrs old, rotator cuff surgeries on both shoulders along with a dbl lung transplant. So, as you can see I'm a mess...lol; anyway, I am also a Mid 20's HCP and play roughly 2-3 rounds a week here in Ohio. Now for my review:
I got the club about 2 weeks ago and it was a beauty. I usually use a Srixon Hybrid so that's what I had to compare it with. First thing I did notice was that it seemed HEAVIER than the Srixon. the RCH shaft was sturdy and had very little whip when I shook the club. The face of the S21 H was somewhat large but the "sweet spot" looked awesome. I went to my local range and play a small bucket. This is where it gets a little dicey. I mostly SLICE and let's just say I play Trevino Style- meaning aim left it goes right..lol. Callaway has promoted that this "new Big Betha Line" decreases and should eliminate the slice for golfers; well it didn't eliminate mine but did decrease the banana curve. I usually hit my 3H around 180-190 and I was obtaining that with this club. Best part was that the "slice" was DECREASED, so those yards I was losing previously I got some back. Since my range day I have played 5 times and used the club about a dozen times, I really like the sound it makes when striking the ball. Crisp, pop and IMO I can feel the ball explode off the face. My score out of 10 is 9.5, if it would cure my slice then it's a 10. Again, I would like to thank THP and Callaway Golf for giving me this opportunity.
Glad someone else noticed the feel on these as well, I had the exact same feeling. The ball just feels smashed every time you make contact even on off center hits. It is my favorite part about the club.

Went to the range and to hit the B21 3 wood. It was a bit of a hook machine (probably shaft), and I really don't hit hooks. As much as I like the RCH 65 in the driver, I dislike it in this fairway...felt really loose. Left it with my club guy to install a speeder 661 iv. I will try again tomorrow with a better shaft. It feels great and hits far. Distance was great, as far as any other fairway I've hit. Easy to elevate off the turf, like the low profile. Reminds me of the XR16 in that regard. I'll post an update.

I'm curious about the "highest launch" description callaway has on the irons.
With the very wide sole what kind of a divot can be taken? Is this iron more for a sweeper? I realize a divot is a divot and can be taken with anything but lets say your in between a shallow and deep divot taker or closer to shallow. If I'm a shallow divot taker one might think your closer to a sweeper or picker of the ball? Then how does the "highest launch" take affect?
The ball flight is low and penetrating for me which is really surprising as my other hybrids are towering shots. I'm sure its something unique to my swing but on my good shots I'm always surprised at the lower ball flight. Nothing to complain about as it still seems to stop pretty well for me (though I rarely hit a green from hybrid distance so not always easy to say lol).

The ball flight is low and penetrating for me which is really surprising as my other hybrids are towering shots. I'm sure its something unique to my swing but on my good shots I'm always surprised at the lower ball flight. Nothing to complain about as it still seems to stop pretty well for me (though I rarely hit a green from hybrid distance so not always easy to say lol).
Are you referencing your towering hybrid shots off the tee or deck?

Are you referencing your towering hybrid shots off the tee or deck?
Off the deck. I was switching between the B21 and my old Hybrid at the range to compare the shots. I found the B21 was much longer but a lower ball flight.

Just an update on the 3 wood - Had a Fuji Speeder 661 IV installed and cut to standard length (same length as the stock RCH). Still wants to draw, but not hook. Wow, what a great shaft pairing. Penatrating ball flight with a draw, Heck yeah!

@Canadan
I know it was only a couple swings but any quick thoughts on the b21 7 iron you hit?!

Got another round in today with the B21 4-hybrid in the bag. This club continues to deliver the results as advertised. As most of you know, my miss is to the right (and most of the time right of right haha). When pulling this club out of the bag I have an incredible amount of confidence that I don’t have to worry about the right side of the course. I hit the club 6 times today, and every shot either went straight and a long way or slightly left (and a long way). It also kind of blows my mind how easy this club is to launch and get a good peak height/descent for approach shots. The distance I was seeing is exactly the slot I need this club to be (195-210).

Before getting this club I did not think anything would take the F9 4-iron out of my bag. But after a couple of rounds and sim sessions in with the B21, I have realized that the hybrid does everything as good (and most of the times better) as my 4-iron. Now I can’t imagine my bag without the B21 hybrid in it, and it excites me just thinking about it. Next step is to get the B21 driver in the bag 😀

Back