Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Hit the hybo some more yesterday, is there anything anyone is specifically curious of?

Ive been impressed with the RCH setup, but I do know because of the offset I’m holding off a bit in the swing and not truly letting it go, going to try to rectify that this week on the monitor for some more data caps.

The sound is just silly good. Practically perfect in fact. And the dang thing just launches so easy from the deck.
Yeah, it is just an amazing sounding club. So far my only critique of the club is it feels heavy towards the head compared to my other hybrid. But the more time I am spending with it the less of an issue this is. Mostly mental I think. The tops are going away. It launches so well. Hitting perfect draws for a large percentage of my shots. And it gaps better than my previous 4h with the rest of my bag.

5 hybrid came today, can’t wait to get it out! The B21 family is growing. Initial thoughts is this is the craziest head I’ve ever seen..D71CAC01-8054-480D-BF9C-4185A8C21463.jpeg8EC8A040-2C13-4D43-B0C0-004BB4254EDB.jpeg3210774A-3C27-47F9-8BA7-52607DE35584.jpeg091A1A52-3E6A-4686-9009-B794C1BCC0AC.jpeg

I really like the hybrid. May even try the 3w

It’s such a good looking club. I’ve gotten a couple comments on it.

Yeah, it is just an amazing sounding club. So far my only critique of the club is it feels heavy towards the head compared to my other hybrid. But the more time I am spending with it the less of an issue this is. Mostly mental I think. The tops are going away. It launches so well. Hitting perfect draws for a large percentage of my shots. And it gaps better than my previous 4h with the rest of my bag.
It’s so good for SO many. I still can’t get myself to let it go and get full speed out of it unless on on the range or my indoor net setup, because the left is real for me, but, I’m not the target for this one, and I can STILL see that it’s a fantastic hybrid.

Quiet bunch in here for those we sent these out to. I really enjoy this one and it definitely helps a steep swinger.

I got this on my indoor monitor today. I was launching it for me. Definitely got really clean contact on the mats they have. But I was hitting really nice baby draws at 190-195 rollout with 180 carry. Which is perfect for me for a 4h. Only got about 15 swings on it as I did it at the end of my session and I had spent most of my time practicing my last couple lessons.

Quiet bunch in here for those we sent these out to. I really enjoy this one and it definitely helps a steep swinger.

I agree with that completely. I have a very steep swing and the other day while using it I hit a couple of low stingers under the wind. Hit one that rolled out almost 80 yards. It’s first time I have hit low traj clean shots. With how much it launches I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to hit it through the wind. However, if you have a stinger swing in the bag you can play this low. Even the higher launch shots cut through the wind pretty well.

i hit the b21 fairway today. for as good as “normal” as the b21 driver looked, i did not feel the same way about the fairway. the offset was very apparent. the ball went very high, but also pretty short for me (i actually hit a mav 4h off the deck farther).

I truly want to thank @JB and THP for selecting me for the B21 hybrid testing, as its opened my eyes to a club segment that I’ve pretty much ignored my entire playing career. I’ll be honest, when the testing thread opened up I only had my eyes on the driver and didn’t even glance at the hybrid, but when I got selected to give the hybrid a test drive my interest peaked up a bit. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve never carried a hybrid in my bag (5W, 4 iron, 4 driving iron), so I didn’t know what to expect when I put the B21 in the bag and give it a run against my Cobra F9 4 iron. Now that I have 4 rounds and 3 sim sessions in with the B21 4 hybrid, I can’t imagine a scenario where I don’t carry this hybrid during the next few seasons. The distance I’m seeing is more consistent than with my 4 iron (almost all shots in 195-205 yds range), and the dispersion on solid swings (and even poor swings) is remarkable (especially for someone who misses to the right often like myself) . However, the ball flight characteristic that excites me the most is peak height/descent angle, which allows me to take aim at greens on approach shots and have no fear of not holding a green.

If your miss is to the right and you need some help elevating long irons/hybrids, this could be the hybrid for you. I’m amazed at how high and straight I hit this club, and I look forward to keep doing so on the course for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
also - I absolutely love the colorway on this club (and I can’t say that enough haha), and the profile of this hybrid is smaller than I expected for such a forgiving hybrid (which I also love).

I was absolutely sold on the driver, I went out and bought the 3 wood, 5 hybrid and soon the 4 hybrid, then I’ll follow that up with the 3 hybrid or 5 wood but not sure yet on which of those 2.
Lots of good reviews on these clubs.
The release on these were a little tough in my next of the woods as winter is upon me but for the bottom half of the states lots of golf still to be played. I’m hoping to hear more pros and cons on these! I’ve even considered the irons... If my season is done I can tell you I’m already jonsing to get out there and hit these B21’s!

So, more shots with the hybrid this week...

Fit wise, it’s not for me, I think I’ve established that, and it’s solely because my fear of the left with it and my hybo miss being g a hard left. BUT, I’m not sure there a better designed for a purpose hybo out there. If you’re one that fits the bill, it’s the easiest to launch and most consistent distance wise hybrid I’ve hit in a long while, not to mention it’s a sound is ideal.

Anyone else spend time with these yet?

Fit wise, it’s not for me, I think I’ve established that, and it’s solely because my fear of the left with it and my hybo miss being g a hard left. BUT, I’m not sure there a better designed for a purpose hybo out there. If you’re one that fits the bill, it’s the easiest to launch and most consistent distance wise hybrid I’ve hit in a long while, not to mention it’s a sound is ideal.

I haven’t hit one, but I have room in my bag for a 4h. Will definitely ponder this one over the winter and will hit it. As someone blessed with an OTT tendency, the B 21s are right up my alley.

I haven’t hit one, but I have room in my bag for a 4h. Will definitely ponder this one over the winter and will hit it. As someone blessed with an OTT tendency, the B 21s are right up my alley.
Would love to hear what you think!

Put a bunch more swings on the 3 Hybrid today and last weekend. The club has been pretty consistent regardless of how I’m swinging. Monster distance with a low flight usually dead straight or a draw. About 10-20% of shots get a bit hooky on me.

Wanted to brag about one shot in particular from last weekend. The first hole is a short par 4 with trouble all around the green so I laid up with an iron. Topped my tee shot 30 yards in to some deep nasty rough. I could barely see my ball. Was about 250 out from the front of the green so pulled the B21 hybrid intending to just hack it out and hopefully get close to the hole. Somehow I absolutely blasted it and carried 250 out of the rough to the front of the hole going dead straight at the pin. There was no spin coming out of the rough so it rolled another 20 yards to the back fringe of the green to salvage the hole for me. I still have no idea how I was able to get that kind of carry out of the rough but it really speaks to the distance on these clubs.

I’m finding the same thing. I love this club when there is trouble right as I know it’s always going straight or drawing and the distance and feel on impact really is incredible. The only downside i have found is I get a bit nervous using it if there is trouble left as I can lose control of the draw pretty easy sometimes.

I’m not sure there a better designed for a purpose hybo out there. If you’re one that fits the bill, it’s the easiest to launch and most consistent distance wise hybrid I’ve hit in a long while, not to mention it’s a sound is ideal.

I couldn’t agree with this more

B21s fit me well, as of now I have the driver, 3 wood, 5 hybrid and the 4 is on the way. I do not have a big swing speed, but when given a little gas the ball flight is really good.
I really like the setup and look of the 5 hybrid, super happy so far with everything B21.

Have been using the 3 hybrid when I’ve been playing as my go to club. Haven’t been playing a lot so my opinion hasn’t wavered too much. Like @jvbart mentioned it’s such a consistent ball flight. I completely agree with him in terms of dispersion. About 5-10% of the shots have a low penetrating slight fade. 20 % of the shots are a strong draw. And 70-75% are a dead straight or slight draw shot. This club is absolutely perfect for holes with trouble on the right. Distance off the ground is a solid 230-250. Off the tee I’ve hit 300 a couple of times but 250-275 is a smooth controlled swing. It’s a really great club and I really don’t have much bad to say about it. I can absolutely see how this club may not be for everyone as the closed face doesn’t look conducive for good contact. However, if you fight a hard right miss I can almost guarantee that this will be the straightest ball flight you’ve seen on anything bigger than a 4i. I had 17 mph of wind in my face the other day and hit an absolute stinger that never made it farther than 5 feet in the air. Rolled about 80 yards after carrying 180. The amount of shots you can use this for from 180-280 depending on the player creates so many opportunities for versatile shots. I love my epic flash, but I’m very close to swapping it for the driver version of the B-21 after testing this.

What kind of ball flight has everyone been seeing in terms of height?

The Hybrid has performed really well for me but one strange thing is it flys lower than every club in my bag pretty much every time. I generally have a mid to high ball flight and hit towering shots with hybrids but get a low piercing flight with the B21. It’s actually been a benefit as I’m usually looking for maximum distance with this club and I’m getting a nice roll at the end.

Wondering if others are finding the same thing?

The Hybrid has performed really well for me but one strange thing is it flys lower than every club in my bag pretty much every time. I generally have a mid to high ball flight and hit towering shots with hybrids but get a low piercing flight with the B21. It’s actually been a benefit as I’m usually looking for maximum distance with this club and I’m getting a nice roll at the end.

I have the 3 hybrid and I would say depends on my lie. If it’s sitting up in the rough I have almost the same flight as a 3 wood. High and far. If I’m playing off the fairway or deep rough it’s a low flight. My best contact from the fairway starts as an extremely low stinger that rises decently high 230-260. That is my ideal ball flight that I strive for and have been trying to hit down on the ball to cut through these cold fall winds in the Midwest. So I would say my experience is similar , but I would also say if I tee it up or it’s sitting up my swing is so steep I think it’s for sure possible to hit it to the moon

I feel like I also am getting a lower flight more like a fairway wood. Definitely not high like other hybrids I have played in the past. More of a piercing shot. It’s strange because I feel like it launches off the club face but it’s not way high in the air.

I have the 3 hybrid and I would say depends on my lie. If it’s sitting up in the rough I have almost the same flight as a 3 wood. High and far. If I’m playing off the fairway or deep rough it’s a low flight. My best contact from the fairway starts as an extremely low stinger that rises decently high 230-260. That is my ideal ball flight that I strive for and have been trying to hit down on the ball to cut through these cold fall winds in the Midwest. So I would say my experience is similar , but I would also say if I tee it up or it’s sitting up my swing is so steep I think it’s for sure possible to hit it to the moon
Interesting to see others get the same flight, I was thinking it was maybe a shaft thing for me. I get plenty of height just so different from my other clubs. It's on the lower end even off the tee for me. No complaints as I'm usually trying to max out my distance with this club so it has been a pleasant surprise.

I’m seeing an average of 36 yards, so 108 feet which is pretty good for the club, it’s the top end of mid-high for me:

Back