Callaway Big Bertha Irons Review

If it's not too much trouble can you post pics comparing the 2? Thanks

It is. I have both and the Bertha 5 iron is just silly easy to hit in comparison.

b8f4fd83e6bb5e666ce430fec3a2cb9c.jpg
689f8b04cfa5e9f758e0bcba6ebe2265.jpg
ad88fb2be747305dbeedd6a5a86d075b.jpg

For what it is worth it is what you can't see that makes the difference. Hollow body construction and face cup tech make all the difference.

Thanks. I guess I'll be on the lookout for a Big Bertha 5 iron

For what it is worth it is what you can't see that makes the difference. Hollow body construction and face cup tech make all the difference.

Second round with the Berthas today and I love theses irons. So easy to hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really are, aren't they? Very hybrid like with the hollow body construction and super forgiving.

They really are, aren't they? Very hybrid like with the hollow body construction and super forgiving.

It's truly amazing how forgiving they are. For me it's going to take a little time to get use to the sound but other than that they are a great iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never really loved the Altitudes when I tried them, but got along with these pretty well at the demo day I went to this weekend. They feel more "iron-like" to me, even though they've got the hollow body construction. I hit the XRs (standard, not pro) a little bit more consistently in terms of contact, but it's almost like it didn't matter with these - the ball just flew.

Got some very good shots with these irons this weekend!
With my recoils, these launch nice and high!
Love these irons!

Has anyone compared this to the Adams DHY hybrid?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know! $125-$150 for a single iron is tough to swallow though

It will be worth it. I am in the same boat as I plan to add the gap wedge.

I just ordered the 5-PW SW from Callaway preowned and was wondering what people are doing for hybrids and woods. With the lofts in the specs the 5 iron seems to creep into 4 hybrid territory. Guess I won't truly know until I hit them on the course.

I just ordered the 5-PW SW from Callaway preowned and was wondering what people are doing for hybrids and woods. With the lofts in the specs the 5 iron seems to creep into 4 hybrid territory. Guess I won't truly know until I hit them on the course.

I am playing 6-PW and going with a 20* and 24* Big Bertha Hybrids.

I decided to play my Wilson FG Tour V2's last round and missed having these in the bag. The effortless distance basically anywhere on the face makes life so much easier.

I went with the complete mixed set 3H, 4H, 5H, 6H, 7H, 8-SW. Basically, the Hybrids are iron replacements for me. The 7H is essentially 10 to 15 yards further than my 8i. Had I bought the 7 iron, I would have expected the same.

I am playing 6-PW and going with a 20* and 24* Big Bertha Hybrids.

I decided to play my Wilson FG Tour V2's last round and missed having these in the bag. The effortless distance basically anywhere on the face makes life so much easier.

Thanks. I picked up the XR 3 wood and XR 3 hybrid today. I am thinking I may not need a 4 hybrid might put my 2 deep in the bag and see what happens.

I went with the complete mixed set 3H, 4H, 5H, 6H, 7H, 8-SW. Basically, the Hybrids are iron replacements for me. The 7H is essentially 10 to 15 yards further than my 8i. Had I bought the 7 iron, I would have expected the same.

Thats almost what I have now with my X Hot set up. Will be fun to tinker around a bit.

Just played my first round with the BB 4-GW, SW. Ordered from Global Golf Open box set with 17% off coupon. Great deal. Did not notice any distance gain with the long/mid irons from my old set. Love the wedges in this set. Did notice distance gain with the wedges. These clubs are super forgiving. I just have to put a half way decent swing and they perform. My irons swing is inconsistent so these clubs are perfect for me. I have the 460 F3 recoil shafts in them. They don't feel light, they feel like they have some heft to them. Hopefully once I get used to the clubs I'll get some distance gains with them.

Anybody know of the stock steel verison is .370? Looking to pick-up a AW and re-shaft w/ my favorite graphite.

Anybody know of the stock steel verison is .370? Looking to pick-up a AW and re-shaft w/ my favorite graphite.
All .370 to my knowledge.

I made the mistake of hitting these irons last Sunday and now I really want them really bad. Gotta try and find a deal somewhere on them.

So today at the range I took this set out with me in the 4-6 and then the new Apex out in 7-PW and reminded myself why I love this set of irons. Hollow body construction, super forgiving and launches the ball high as heck for soft landings. Really impressive set.

Anybody moving on from these? I tried these but didn't get along with Shaft. Wouldn't mind giving them another run

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back