Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year Callaway launched the latest iteration of the Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X golf balls. Immediate feedback from golfers on the THP Forum suggested that both balls were high in performance to go along with the tech story. Today a third member of the family is here called the Chrome Soft X LS (CSX LS).

3-1024x692.jpg

Despite what is mentioned around the internet, distance is not just pure speed. That is one component of what you are looking for in a golf ball to create maximum length and consistency. Spin, launch angle and a number of other factors are included in this equation as well. For many golfers...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to see these available now. Love they have yellow TT—wish CSX did too.

I am very excited to give this one a try!

Sounds like another very solid ball offering from Callaway that I will certainly have to give a try.

Im liking the feedback I've seen already and may have to give this one a try.

Not sure if this ball would be good for me or not. I tried the CSX and loved everything about it except it makes too much spin on approach shots with mid irons thru wedges. The CS is better in that regard but I feel like I am losing some yardage with driver. It looks like the CSX LS reduces spin mainly on long irons and woods. I will give it a try and see how it performs on the course.

This profile will fit a lot of players who loved the CSX, but didn't like that it spun too much on approach shots into the green. The CSX is my unicorn ball and has really allowed me to play the game differently, but I will pick up a sleeve of these to see if I see any benefits off the tee. I know I need spin off the tee to help me maximize my carry distance so I am curious how low spin these are.

Here is a comparison across all three balls.

1614688831229.png

Sounds like this ball will fit a lot of golfers needing to keep the ball down & out of the stratosphere off the tee.

Paging @JohnSinVA .... Mr. Moonball .... you better pick up a sleeve of these because you need all the help you can get :ROFLMAO:

I have been meaning to try the CS. I have a couple of friends that swear by them. should be a good time to go for it with the new offering

Great write up @JB. I like where this ball fits. This lower spinning higher compression ball is a pretty good for me. I need to give these a try.

Sounds like a great choice for those right in that middle area looking for speed with a bit lower spin. I can see a lot of golfers looking for these.

Will for sure be trying these..

Great news to wake up to. Will definitely be trying these out to see if they can compete with the CSX.

Great news to wake up to. Will definitely be trying these out to see if they can compete with the CSX.

You just got tapped!

Send @GolferGal your full name and shipping address and we will get some of the new CSX LS out to you to review for the forum.

IMG_0496.JPG

I'll be interested in the Left Dash ProV1/CSX LS comparison.
I'm sure the YouTube universe will not disappoint.
Ian from TXG has been using this ball in his quest to get to 180 ball speed.
That says something to me....

I can't imagine these balls will help my game in any way, but a good addition to the lineup nonetheless.

I had planned on sticking with the CSX once we can get back out on the course, but I will keep an eye out for these and maybe give them a try at some point

I wouldn't say I suffer from too much spin with irons and wedges, but if it lowered spin off the driver whilst retaining the same performance everywhere else through the bag then it could be a good alternative in the wind at a guess?

I will be very interested in these. The lower spin on full shots is what I am looking for. The driver is where I struggle to keep the spin down and have to do that by going to lower lofts.

paging @zbeekner4 and @bigskyirish i think they would be really good fits for this ball. me, not so much. don't take away any more launch and spin from me; my stupid swing does a good enough job of that already haha

although i am not a fan of yellow balls, i wonder why yellow is offered in cs and csx ls but not csx.

You just got tapped!

Send @GolferGal your full name and shipping address and we will get some of the new CSX LS out to you to review for the forum.

View attachment 8995999
Oh sweet! Much appreciated! I don't want to jinx myself. But, the extended forecast is looking pretty prime for melting some snow. So, hoping the courses open sooner than later.

Wow very nice, Seems like this ball is perfect for me!
Will they be offered in Colors other than white? or Truvis???

Wow very nice, Seems like this ball is perfect for me!
Will they be offered in Colors other than white? or Truvis???
Also will come in yellow

I wonder what pros are putting this ball into play or have already under a "proto" name?

Back