Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

You play the Tour B RX don't you?

He does. In the tech studio testing, he was searching for a ball that cuts spin.

Tech story sounds really cool and interesting. I like that they’re trying to mix it up internally to get variety to their customer base.

this wouldn’t really work for me though :). I need more spin throughout the bag soooo no go. I still need to try the new chrome soft x though.
Curious as your signature lists a pretty mid spin ball off of irons too.

Definitely curious to see where these for among other lower spin, firmer balls out there. Especially since one (or more) of those added spin this year.
They compared it to the TP5X when they were talking to us about it

paging @zbeekner4 and @bigskyirish i think they would be really good fits for this ball. me, not so much. don't take away any more launch and spin from me; my stupid swing does a good enough job of that already haha

although i am not a fan of yellow balls, i wonder why yellow is offered in cs and csx ls but not csx.
I always enjoy write-ups on Callaway's golf ball development. But, I'm with you, this isn't the ball for me. As I get older and all that it brings, I'm losing CHS and spin. So, it seems I'm always seeking more launch and spin off the tee.

I know @JasonFinleyCG and the boys wills have great success with this.

He does. In the tech studio testing, he was searching for a ball that cuts spin.
That's what I thought. The first thing that came to mind after reading the article was I hope they make this in a tru-vis at some point, then the second was this might be something that Canadian guy might really have some success with.

They compared it to the TP5X when they were talking to us about it
Yeah, that's definitely one I had in mind. It's a smart move to have something that competes for those players. TP5x is a crazy popular ball around here.

Curious as your signature lists a pretty mid spin ball off of irons too.

qstar or the bridgestone?
Haven’t updated that in a little bit.

I have known for about2 years I guess? I need more spin overall. Sometime last year though, I went through a cheaper ball phase due to my game falling a part and I found the Q star quite enjoyable. I haven’t played it in a while though. Once I started to swing better again I noticed some things, off the wedges mainly, but also the short irons, that I didn’t like.
The Bridgestone, I like the firmness of the x, but the past month I have been playing the XS due to wanting more of the spin (along with the prov 1x again) and I’ve seen much better results over my whole game.

Anyone know how this compares to the ProV1x left dash?
I will preface this with I don’t have the ball in hand yet and can’t provide any numbers. I’m just going by the presentation.

So that ball was never specifically brought up. They stated that they want the CSx to compare to the ProV1x. Knowing that the left dash is supposed to be their higher compression low spinning long ball, you could make a comparison to the LS as trying to do the same thing.

The fact they compared the LS directly to the TP5x says (to me) that they want this ball to seem more “accessible” than the left dash. But you could easily argue that they are looking to fill the same spot.

“Hey LS, are you my new gamer?!”
I’m pretty excited to give these a go.

Last edited:
I will preface this with I don’t have the ball in hand yet and can’t provide any numbers. I’m just going by the presentation.

So that ball was never specifically brought up. They stated that they want the CSx to compare to the ProV1x. Knowing that the left dash is supposed to be their higher compression low spinning long ball, you could make a comparison to the LS as trying to do the same thing.

The fact they compared the LS directly to the TP5x says (to me) that they want this ball to seem more “accessible” than the left dash. But you could easily argue that they are looking to fill the same spot.
Gotcha. That being said, the left dash was a little too firm for me off the putter, so the fact that this feels like the standard CSX draws me in even more. I'm really looking forward to giving this ball a go. I have a bit of CSX on hand but if I like this, I'll be stocking up on these when I can.

This ball sounds perfect for me. I love the CSX off of the tee but not as much off 5-9 irons. I planned to test the new ERC versus old ERC/ProV1/Bridgestone RX, but I think I will just wait a few weeks to try this.

If I personally can get the same distance off the tee with the CSXLS as CSX and it performs closer to those others on my irons, this will be my ball rest of ‘21.

paging @zbeekner4 and @bigskyirish i think they would be really good fits for this ball. me, not so much. don't take away any more launch and spin from me; my stupid swing does a good enough job of that already haha

although i am not a fan of yellow balls, i wonder why yellow is offered in cs and csx ls but not csx.

I will definitely be giving this a try. I LOVE the 2020 CSX, but after spinning balls off of several greens in California with wedges last week, this one could be an even better fit, especially since I always seem to need to reduce spin with the driver.

I got an email about these this morning and now I get the writeup on THP. I will definitely be giving these a try.

The chart says Medium feel, same as the CS. Are they designed to be the same feel as CS or something between CS and CSx?

I got an email about these this morning and now I get the writeup on THP. I will definitely be giving these a try.

The chart says Medium feel, same as the CS. Are they designed to be the same feel as CS or something between CS and CSx?
The chart that @mikeg_74 showed earlier in the thread shows the CS as "Soft" and the CSX and CSX LS as "Medium". My guess would be that they are supposed to feel like a CSX but be lower spin.

I’m not looking to give up any spin or height so I’ll stick with the standard CSX. Should be a good ball for those looking for less spin.

Curious to give the Chome Soft X LS a spin. I generally like the launch window of the Chrome Soft X with driver and long-mid irons more than the higher flighted CS, but I still thought it was higher (and the compression weight of the ball) not to my liking. I play Vice Pro Plus most often but have gamed a TP5 x for the feel. For wedge spin, this might be a nice compromise.

The chart shows CS feel as soft and then CSx and LS as medium just as small correction.

@Tevenor and @xThor have these in hand so they can probably provide some comparisons.

But since I don’t have them in hand, I keep deferring to the presentation we got. They said that they kept the compression the same as the CSx but mentioned that there was a slightly more firm feel off of irons and wedges. I would assume that means putter as well

@Tevenor and @xThor have these in hand so they can probably provide some comparisons.

But since I don’t have them in hand, I keep deferring to the presentation we got. They said that they kept the compression the same as the CSx but mentioned that there was a slightly more firm feel off of irons and wedges. I would assume that means putter as well
[/QUOTE]

Is it March 18th yet? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

they feel closer to the CSX.
I played the CS on and off last year, and never really fell in love with the feel.
These feel better. Off irons, hybrids, wedges, putter, it sounds much closer to the CSX in my testing.

they feel closer to the CSX.
I played the CS on and off last year, and never really fell in love with the feel.
These feel better. Off irons, hybrids, wedges, putter, it sounds much closer to the CSX in my testing.

Same here. Closer to the CSX and maybe a touch firmer feel throughout but not significant at all. The biggest difference frankly was the pitch off the putter.

The chart shows CS feel as soft and then CSx and LS as medium just as small correction.

Thanks, I misread the chart

Delays in the left handed model 🤣

Show will drop Friday, but Jason Finley is the guest this week on Off Course and there is quite a bit of detailed discussion on this ball.

Back