Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

Show will drop Friday, but Jason Finley is the guest this week on Off Course and there is quite a bit of detailed discussion on this ball.

He's definitely passionate about this release based on the discussions we've had with him so no doubt this will be a great podcast to listen to.

Friday it is! Can’t wait to hear the deets to from the man himself!

paging @zbeekner4 and @bigskyirish i think they would be really good fits for this ball. me, not so much. don't take away any more launch and spin from me; my stupid swing does a good enough job of that already haha

although i am not a fan of yellow balls, i wonder why yellow is offered in cs and csx ls but not csx.
We will also be adding Yellow TT in CSX at the same time as the CSX LS launch

I may have missed it, I see no mention of graphene with these or the 2020 models. Did they move away from that?

I may have missed it, I see no mention of graphene with these or the 2020 models. Did they move away from that?
My memory could be shotty from about 15 months back. But, the Chrome Soft has graphene while the the CSX doesn't from what I remember.

Oh yeah! Give me something to give the TourB RX a run for its money! Will be trying these out ASAP (or when the courses open).

My memory could be shotty from about 15 months back. But, the Chrome Soft has graphene while the the CSX doesn't from what I remember.
This is correct to my knowledge.

I have the original(diamond) CSX triple track and that one has the graphene. I wonder why they we may away from that.

I have the original(diamond) CSX triple track and that one has the graphene. I wonder why they we may away from that.
I don't remember the specifics. But, essentially it wasn't needed. This go around they differentiated the two balls more than they did before. They were essentially the same playing characteristics with different feel before. They weren't going to put graphene in for the sake of saying it was in there.

@JasonFinleyCG would obviously be the one to expand on that or correct me if I am incorrect.

Graphene is in the standard CS model. The primary benefit of the Graphene is when we have the Dual Core which we only have in the std Chrome Soft.

Show will drop Friday, but Jason Finley is the guest this week on Off Course and there is quite a bit of detailed discussion on this ball.
Looking forward to giving this one a try. Callaway always pushing forward, at great direction from Mr Finley, keep pushing those boundaries to help all golfers my friend. 2021 just keeps getting better from this company March 18th

Graphene is in the standard CS model. The primary benefit of the Graphene is when we have the Dual Core which we only have in the std Chrome Soft.
The LS more geared towards high swing speed players to make it work the best to its technology? Asking for a slower speed friend lol😎

glad you shared this with the group today!

We had an awesome chat about Chrome Soft.

The LS more geared towards high swing speed players to make it work the best to its technology? Asking for a slower speed friend lol😎
I would think a slower swing speed player could find success with these. I used the CSX previously and found it to be a great ball and a touch longer on the drive over the CS. But the regular CS felt softer off the putter and irons and preferred it more.

Got some good info in the link in the first post

Yeah if my game reaches the level of spending up all the way to the top these will definitely be tested out. I liked the CSX but wound up with the CS for the higher launch, straighter flight, and softer feel. It sounds like these combine the attributes of both balls that i liked to nail the sweet spot for me.

Doing more ball testing tonight. The LS against a variety of balls that I used in 2020.

BlueTour B X
GreenChrome Soft
YellowChrome Soft X
RedTour B RX
PurpleChrome Soft X LS
GreyTour B RXS

Testing first with a Pitching Wedge.

E78F09A3-EAB5-4F45-8A22-D737CF39B5F9.jpeg
C26145D8-D305-40FD-AB14-52F9F67FC765.jpeg

Next I tried a 7 iron.

6CA63FFD-35C5-4E05-9546-9231C3AE90AD.jpeg
4C51A284-BC38-42C6-AD86-0D5423E42D58.jpeg

Overall very pleased so far with results from the CSX LS and the Tour B X. These appear to be the head to head battle for gamer ball in 2021 at this point. The CSX LS launch is really good to my eye.
I plan on continuing to test these, working my way through the bag, but based on feel and performance so far, the CSX LS definitely seems to be the ball I most align to within Callaway’s lineup.

They compared it to the TP5X when they were talking to us about it
Yeah, that's definitely one I had in mind. It's a smart move to have something that competes for those players. TP5x is a crazy popular ball around here.
From my notes, they were going for low spin / more distance off the tee but with improved spin on pitches and greenside shots. I cannot wait to get these in hand. I've been a TP5x player for years and recently have seen success with the 2020 CSX. The CSX-LS has a strong chance of being my go to ball!!

I like the CS and CSX so will be interesting to see if I can go 3 for 3 on the entire CS line-up.

I actually love this addition to the line, it makes all the sense in the world to me and really rounds things out. Now, it’s not a golf ball that would benefit my needs, but I know there are many out there who’s it could.

paging @zbeekner4 and @bigskyirish i think they would be really good fits for this ball. me, not so much. don't take away any more launch and spin from me; my stupid swing does a good enough job of that already haha

although i am not a fan of yellow balls, i wonder why yellow is offered in cs and csx ls but not csx.
This is exactly the ball Callaway was missing (for me) which is why I’ve been searching elsewhere for my perfect ball. This will definitely go into play for 2021. Low spin off the tee and semi-low with irons with moderately high spin around the green is my sweet spot and I think this just might satisfy that.

Can’t wait to try this one out

Looking forward to the podcast tomorrow. As the steeper player the low spin dynamic of this ball is intriguing

Back