Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

Was hoping the buy 3 get one deal going on right now included this ball, unfortunately it’s just standard CS/CSX in that deal

Was hoping the buy 3 get one deal going on right now included this ball, unfortunately it’s just standard CS/CSX in that deal
I was thinking the exact same thing! A little bummed but I’ll probably pick up a couple more dozen.

So just did some home putting with these and they feel fantastic off the putter. Feel pretty much identical to the CSX. This makes me super happy! Now if I can just get the results I’m hoping for off the driver and longer clubs this ball is going to be money. I’ll stock up over the next 8 months so I have them lol. Although, I do have a bunch of the CSX still but you can never have enough balls!

Feel pretty much identical to the CSX
Interesting! I found them to be slightly harder/clicky compared to the CSx. Not in a harsh way or anything, just a little different. Like I knew which ball was which. Though I could see them so that could just be perception. If I putt blind, who knows if I would be able to tell anything lol

Interesting! I found them to be slightly harder/clicky compared to the CSx. Not in a harsh way or anything, just a little different. Like I knew which ball was which. Though I could see them so that could just be perception. If I putt blind, who knows if I would be able to tell anything lol
What putter were you using. The clickiness might have something to do with that. I was using a Strokelab Ten. I only rolled a few putts with them, so nothing long term, just initial assessment and I didn't have the CSX right there beside it. It was just from remembrance. I didn't have a lot of time. I will put the two side by side this weekend when I have more time. I have drill so there will be times when I am not doing anything at home since we are teledrilling and I will get another assessment and report back.

What putter were you using. The clickiness might have something to do with that. I was using a Strokelab Ten. I only rolled a few putts with them, so nothing long term, just initial assessment and I didn't have the CSX right there beside it. It was just from remembrance. I didn't have a lot of time. I will put the two side by side this weekend when I have more time. I have drill so there will be times when I am not doing anything at home since we are teledrilling and I will get another assessment and report back.
Used the Toulon Chicago as well as an OG White Hot. I had them both side by side and was able to putt them back to back multiple times so that may be the difference. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts when they are side by side!

I actually had a box of Chromesoft X buried in the closet so I rolled some with both. I can definitely hear a little difference with my gamer. No hard ball feels bad to me with that putter though, so I pulled out the M Craft, aka the Popper, and can definitely still hear the LS as a little louder, but I don't think it's bad at all personally. Wouldn't even phase me as someone who plays high compression.

OH, need to do another vid/sesh with it alongside the new TP5x. brb lol

I honestly don't know if I can tell a difference in hand or ear between the LS and '21 TP5x. Not even in playback. So that pretty much confirms that it wouldn't bother me at all. More curious to get them out on course and feel them off irons now.

but I don't think it's bad at all personally.
Yeah it definitely isn’t bad at all. If you already like the sound of the CSX, this won’t be a deal breaker

Yeah it definitely isn’t bad at all. If you already like the sound of the CSX, this won’t be a deal breaker
Exactly. At least off putters. If you're as bored out of your mind as I am in the rain, here's a wonderfully bad video of the sound differences to kill 11 seconds of your day. :p

Exactly. At least off putters. If you're as bored out of your mind as I am in the rain, here's a wonderfully bad video of the sound differences to kill 11 seconds of your day. :p

I can notice it there. Like I told @Muchmore18 I hadn't did them side by side, but the LS has a higher pitch, but nothing crazy. Looking forward to rolling them side by side this weekend at home since I have drill.

I got my hands on a box of the X LS in yellow Triple Track. Call me smitten. I was playing in a very stiff wind and this ball held its flight path very well. It feels fine off the putter. It stops great around the green. I believe it is longer than the standard X for me. I thought I had a ball chosen for this year, but this one is going to make me rethink my decision. If Callaway was offering the buy 3 and get 1, there is no doubt that I would go with this one.

I put these in play today. Windy as heck so I won't judge distances with that much nature influence and variation, but I did have a couple thoughts while playing. For a high spin wedge person, they spin fine. I check stopped a couple pitches/chips on a dime with them greenside. One too much. I had one 3/4 58* that didn't rip, which was surprising in the moment. I think most everything else I play would have at least a little on that one, so there might be a little in that, but it's too early to say. There was wind. Went nowhere and that was fine.

Distances seemed good. Nothing crazy, but again, wind. Felt fine off putter and the Epic Speed. Firm, but fine. Nice even. I like firm. With irons though, I could definitely hear it clicking. Need more time when it's not windy and I'll bounce between it and the TP5x to get a better comparison, but there were a couple that definitely leaned left dash-y to my ears. It was weird, because left dash sounds like a nigtmare off of everything to me. Only noticed it in the irons though. Definitely a different pitch with the Apex Pros. No real feel for spin in the mid-irons in the ripping wind today, but I plan to hit a few in the morning. It's the mid irons where the low spin balls usually get me.

Sold some shafts today, so ordered me 2 more dozen of these today.

Ok, so did some more at home putting tests with these side by side the 2020 CSX today and here are my findings/results. The LS is just a tad firmer than the CSX. Very very minor though. I had said they are almost identical before but I would just update with they are very very similar in feel, with the LS being a smidge firmer. The LS does have a smidge of a higher pitch than the CSX, but again very minuscule. I will say the LS feels so much better than the left dash ProV1. Excited to get this ball out to the course!

I’ll be putting these in play tomorrow for the 1st time. Currently using the CS due to temps being below 50°. Tomorrow will start sub 50° but should be above by about hole 5 or 6. Really looking forward to seeing how they perform with the new lineup. MaxLS at 47”, Apex21 Combo and how they feel of the Palm Beach.

So first impression is pretty darn good ball. 2 hour frost delay this morning, ugh. Used CS for 1st 5 holes. Put CSxLS in play from 6 on in. Approach shots and around the green a clearly better ball for me. Feel and performance better all around.
Off the tee, paired with the MaxLS will still need some more experimenting. No loss of distance over CS, but no discernible increase either. Will turn the driver up a ° or 2 and see how it goes. Flight a tad low for my liking. Love the feel of this ball off the Apex21 pros.

I was surprised to see that my course brought in Callaway balls this year! Haven’t in the past and they had the LS! Will get some in the future.

Just played this ball in the tech studio and came away pretty darn impressed. Speed stayed consistent with the X, which to me was one of the fastest balls on the market previously. Definitely lower spin on full swings and overall a pretty good experience.

Just played this ball in the tech studio and came away pretty darn impressed. Speed stayed consistent with the X, which to me was one of the fastest balls on the market previously. Definitely lower spin on full swings and overall a pretty good experience.
Great to hear. Willing to give it a try. Can you compare side by side vs the XV?

Great to hear. Willing to give it a try. Can you compare side by side vs the XV?

Waiting on a few more XV and then I am happy to. The biggest thing for me with the LS, is anything in and around the green had virtually no difference in spin than the X. As we move further away, the spin decreased a bit, so that is a win for someone steep like me.

Waiting on a few more XV and then I am happy to. The biggest thing for me with the LS, is anything in and around the green had virtually no difference in spin than the X. As we move further away, the spin decreased a bit, so that is a win for someone steep like me.
Thanks. That's what I want in a ball, and why I like the XV. That's why I'm curious. I want... Less spin on full short irons, so I appreciated your tests and comments. Thanks!

Back