Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

keto;n8891201 said:
I walked into Golftown, swung 90ish at it, with the stock light stiff, and my best was 15 yds past my prior best, on a monitor i trust. I took my BioCell+ Red Tie S along and nutted one 249. 10.5 right off the rack high 265 with really good dispersion and obvious in the air correction to center, and great results relative to really ugly swings. I went to another store, and based on Trackman, they put me in Tensei Blue R, which I ordered and also ordered in 3W. But I’m having second thoughts. Then again, I suppose I could try an adapter on the Red Tie, I sure do like it in the Cobra. And I suppose the stock shaft might slow up on the bay.

Stilll have X-Hot 3-4 hybrids, and an MD2 60/8 I like, and just ordered Apex too. Not quite all Cally bag but as close as I’ve been.

Making my way back to the beginning of this thread, looks intimidating but I’ll try lol.

Made it, read from beginning. Also curious if anyone with a 95ish swing has tried the lightweight 45 green shaft?

no woods yet, or Apex CF19, which were ordered a few days prior. Can’t wait.

My best drive of the season came last week on the 18th hole. The SZ sent it 315yds down the pipe on these summer fairways. Led to a 7i approach, an eagle putt attempt and finally a birdie on the hole.
I'm trying to find the "repeat" button.
d184501cb99e6708720558909dab7126.jpg

Finally got to play a decent length course again, at least try to. Got 9 and a half holes before lightning cut our round short.

Hit driver 8 times in 10 holes, never REALLY caught one and hit 5 fairways, all with adequate length for me.

The non-SZ driver is just so forgiving. With my lack of practice it sets up nicely and keeps me in play.

What shaft should I put into this 9* head here? I’d like to give it another go, for s***s and giggles.

Played yesterday, but had to call an audible and even though I was scheduled to play my favorite course in the area, had to change the time and find something closer. Wasn't able to get any range time in, but did make some adjustments to my club as last time out I had a 2 way miss and wanted to eliminate one side. Moved the sliding weight closer to the fade by about 1/4 inch and the hosel settings to N/S now. Used it 4-5 times and each time was a big slice, so needless to say it's getting switched back, perhaps I made to many adjustments or my swing just wasn't there entirely. Wasn't 100% mentally for the round, so it was hard to get a good shot off the tee, but recovered with irons and putting very well!

This thing is a monster. Still not a fan of the noise but I get over that the instant the ball flies off the face. Easily 20 yards further than many drivers I’ve hit. The sub zero head with the smoke 6.5 and I hit the middle of the face 90% of the time. I now love driving holes.

Headed out for an early round tomorrow and I literally can't wait to hit this thing! Hit all but one fairway last outing and had one of the longest drives of my life. Let's do this again! SZ FTW!
The feel on a crushed drive is so addictive. I had been living on the toe for a while and while I could hear and feel the difference, I was still seeing solid drives in playable areas when I put a decent move on it. It's becoming really fun to tee off on short par fours.

I hit a lot of really good drives for me over the weekend. I'm very happy with the SZ.

My Epic Flash SZ cranked down to 8* is easily my favorite club in the bag.

280 to 300 consistently which is fantastic for an old guy.

The guy I played with this weekend said his goal was to get his drive within a pitching wedge of mine.

Makes you feel good....plus it is crazy straight - pulled it 5 times, hit 5 fairways...Can't really imagine how the next generation gets better than this.

Thanks, Callaway!!!
I love this driver. I too have it cranked down to 8* but mine is just the standard Flash. I have been seeing distances I have never seen and my dispersion is so much better with this driver. I have my off days but I think that's the operator, not the arrow, lol. Overall I have a lot of good days with this club and love pulling it out of the bag to hit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So while I'm working in Hawaii and didn't bring my clubs with me, I've become a regular at the local golf shop. :D

Today's testing put the 9.5* Titleist TS4 up against the Epic Flash Sub Sero 9*. I loved the way the TS4 felt when I hit it yesterday, but didn't get the chance to hit the SZ. I wish I could have gotten a pic of the GC2 screen again today because there were some that were absolutely clobbered (for me anyway.) It's been a while since I've seen multiple shots in a test session go over 300 carry. I'll usually have 1, maybe 2 flukes that get out there. But with the 9* sz, I had 10 out of 18 balls carry over the 300 mark. The longest carried 307 and rolled out to 336. Highest clubhead speed was 115, and highest ball speed was just short of 166. As a comparison, the best strike I saw today with the TS4 was 304 carry, 330 total, 113 clubspeed, 164 ballspeed. The spin was actually a little higher with the SZ, which is a good thing for me. The TS4 had a tendency to get down in the 1500 or slightly lower range on occasion.

I'm really thinking about dumping a couple of the driver heads I currently have to buy a flash head. My swing has gone through some pretty funky changes over the last couple years and it's so nice to start seeing some of the speed I used to have come back. I HATED the flash when I was struggling. But man... I can't argue with the results I saw today.

1 round in with the Epic Flash and man I hit some MASSIVE(for me) drives. With my top 5 being, 292, 270, 267, 261, 256. All of those are according to Arccos. Forget some of the "bombs", I was just crazy impressed with the forgiveness I was seeing. I'm doing to have to pick up some other callaway adapters and throw a shorter shaft in for my own comfort, but dear lord am I happy after 1 round.

Played Ed every day last week, and just drove it so well. The Epic Flash has performed much better for me than my Epic. Longer and more forgiving. The Hazardous Smoke shaft is a great pairing for me. I shot season low rounds of 84 in back to back days. It was nice being in the center of the fairway with wedge in hand. For the $300 ($200 after trade in) I paid on CPO, it’s really been great so far.

this driver continues to be a masher for me. Now 3 for 3 with golf outings and winning a long drive. This time wasnt hill aided like the one at Firestone but mashed just as good. Measured it around 315 and it held up. I dont think I would have expected it to be this easy to forget about how good the Epic SZ was for me but the Flash SZ is just flat out longer and more forgiving for me. Even my misses were long and I only missed two fairways. This is a fun driver for me still and it makes me want to play more

Tried a new combo yesterday for 9 holes and couldn't believe the difference I was seeing control wise. Distance was similar to my gamer but lofting up and using a different head/shaft characteristic really opened my eyes to what could be for me.

Tried a new combo yesterday for 9 holes and couldn't believe the difference I was seeing control wise. Distance was similar to my gamer but lofting up and using a different head/shaft characteristic really opened my eyes to what could be for me.
What combo was that?

What combo was that?

SZ 10.5 with low spin low launch shaft. My current gamer is 9.0 flash with mid/mid shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many guys are planning on rolling with the Epic Flash come next season? I know we all have different purchasing patterns. Me, I would typically wooed by Callaway's latest offering.

I think that if I weren't fortunate enough to attend the Grandaddy, I would have zero carrying this driver into next season and beyond. I just love everything about it. The shape, the size, and even the sound. It just checks all the boxes for me.

How many guys are planning on rolling with the Epic Flash come next season? I know we all have different purchasing patterns. Me, I would typically wooed by Callaway's latest offering.

I think that if I weren't fortunate enough to attend the Grandaddy, I would have zero carrying this driver into next season and beyond. I just love everything about it. The shape, the size, and even the sound. It just checks all the boxes for me.

I'm planning on playing this one next year. Love the distance I'm getting out of it. I'm sure that will all change when I see the new offerings, but for now I can pretend to be strong.

but for now I can pretend to be strong.

I have been there. Every intention of holding strong and ultimately failing in the end :)

Luck for you, the EF is one hell of a club. Makes the decision a little easier.

Considering I only got mine less than 6 months ago, I have no desire at all to change driver even with the new offerings that will no doubt be along very soon

This club is just what I need from a driver and I have no confidence issues pulling it for any tight tee shot

Look what just showed up ?

Attachments

• 70CC69A7-47C1-426A-828B-7DC69E6EF545.jpeg
    70CC69A7-47C1-426A-828B-7DC69E6EF545.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
I finally had a chance to hit this driver on Sunday thanks to @shanewu This driver feels really good and I like the sound of it. The shaft was a bit stout for me, but had a nice ball flight and good distance.

I finally had a chance to hit this driver on Sunday thanks to @shanewu This driver feels really good and I like the sound of it. The shaft was a bit stout for me, but had a nice ball flight and good distance.
What shaft was in his?

i tried this driver twice on two different occasions this year. once when i felt i was swinging ok, another time when i was swinging very poorly. i would like to spend some time with it when i feel like i'm giving it a swing that doesn't resemble a train wreck because the club is very impressive. i think the consensus is we'll probably see a new line available for the grandaddy participants this year, but i wonder the fitter will still want me to give this some swings.

Back