Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Detailed review with data of the new Callaway Epic Flash hybrid. Check it out here on the THP Home page.

As always, an extremely well organized, written and insightful review. Thanks

Great review James. I am going to be able to put my flash 4h into play this afternoon on the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be trying one of these soon. The shape is what I like and I play my hybrids like a mini FW. The ball speed is ridiculous and the distance is impressive. So much tech packed into a small package!!

Post review, still enamored and shocked by this one. Not sure it fits in the bag, but for now I’m carrying two 4H after my 3w, but this one simply carries 15-20 yards further....on average strikes, on great ones....look out.

• Admin
Once these find their ways into more bags, I will be curious to see the distance they are getting.

I appreciate the review, especially the question as to where does this fit. I am very interested in hearing the feedback from those who hit the Epic Flash Hybrids

Great review, James.

It's eye opening to see that kind of speed and a little bewildering how it would effect one's gapping.

Great review. I found with the adjustable settings I was able to gap the 5H, 4H, and 3H perfectly. The 3H took the place of my 5W. They are very long. Even though this set is very forgiving and will help make your mishits go far, they will not help you on the direction of your mishits. They do not grant absolution. I think this is due to where the weight is placed in the head. If it were a little further back they would be more forgiving on the directional issue, but the cost would be higher spin and that would cost some distance. I gave this set a really good try and really wanted to love them. But we ended up getting an annulment. It was sad. I think they're best suited to the sub-18 HC player to be honest. I'm not there yet. :confused2: The clubs were too good for me.

Thanks all! Hit this one off of a couple tight par 4s today and it’s still blowing my mind a bit. But, the numbers don’t lie.

Also, I thought I put this pic into the review but I’m likely losing my mind.

Easily the best I took, so freaking photogenic.

1EDC46EA-20C4-4ACA-83CE-D504DA7420D5.jpeg

Little self-indulgent evening nudge for those who missed it.

I know this one has had some HEAVY buzz on THP for some time.

This thing is a hammer. Only one round in with it but i am thinking of taking 3 wood out of the bag

This thing is a hammer. Only one round in with it but i am thinking of taking 3 wood out of the bag
You were warned! hahaha

What shaft setup did you go with?

This thing is a hammer. Only one round in with it but i amthinking of taking 3 wood out of the bag
You were warned! hahaha

What shaft setup did you go with?
the stock tensei in stiff.
May put the KBS Proto in it, hello bombs haha

Also like James review said don’t worry about it being “to bulky” for those that worry about that, it is bigger than the apex but does not look bulky at all behind the ball to me

Also like James review said don’t worry about it being “to bulky” for those that worry about that, it is bigger than the apex but does not look bulky at all behind the ball to me

The roundness of the crown hides the size very well. Only down fall I can see so far is the toe where the crown meets the face. I would prefer a little more shape to it.

Appreciate you taking the time to give it a read buddy.

The roundness of the crown hides the size very well. Only down fall I can see so far is the toe where the crown meets the face. I would prefer a little more shape to it.
I understand what you are saying there.
Before James review I had not thought about this as I just assumed it would look like a backhoe haha but the look is pleasing.

Great review. I hit this in a bay at Edwin Watts and didn't have good luck with it. I can't take this to heart as to if it is for me or not because I never hit clubs well in an inside bay simulator. True test would be on the course or on an outdoor range.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One of the courses in my regular rotation has a par 5 that gives you 240 yards to a little pond. There is a little sliver of fairway on the side of the pond, but there is also trouble right and there are only about 15 yards in which to land you ball. The carry over the pond is 290-ish. I usually hit hybrid (or my Cobra F9 4 iron) off the tee. Then, I either lay up to a distance I want or hit 3 wood to see if I can reach greenside in two. Yesterday, I hit Epic Flash 3 hybrid off the tee. It carried into the little sliver of fairway. I then hit the hybrid again and I was just off the back of the green in two. I chipped up and made the putt for birdie. The photos are the two shots. I continue to be blown away by the distance I am seeing from the Epic Flash hybrid.9BD87875-1E61-4A29-99C4-E20C96DD4FA2.jpeg0DEE820F-CB62-4B8E-BCAE-E880734604B9.jpeg

Yeah dude!

They're the longest hybrids I have ever hit. Still not sure how or if that fits in my bag, but man they are long, high, and fun.

I've been contemplating if it might be the solution to my 3w woes....

I've been contemplating if it might be the solution to my 3w woes....

There is every chance in the world that they are a solution for anyone who struggles with a fw off the deck and needs a club to advance the ball on second shots on par 5’s.

Back