Review Callaway Epic Forged Irons

I had a great day with the irons today. Distances where really good, even playing in the 15mph winds I was able to judge the club needed correctly and hold greens without much roll out. (a good part of holding the greens is the Chrome soft ball) Guy I was playing with was impressed with the shots I was hitting and the ball flight of them.

I'm finding this 4 iron to be my go to off the tee on placement holes. It's a lot more accurate than my 3 Wood. And, honestly, I'm not giving up all that many yards it seems.

I keep being impressed with these. The shape and size of the club head is perfect for my eye.

After hitting Maverik irons, Forged Tec, and some Pings - these still feel the best irons on the market with the best performance.

I’m really enjoying every aspect of playing with the Epic Forged - they will be in my bag a lonnng time

Great day with the irons today. Perfectly calm day and great to be a able to make sure the distances are dialed in to what I was seeing at the fitting. I am about 1000 feet more in elevation from ECPC so just a few yards longer.

Great day with the irons today. Perfectly calm day and great to be a able to make sure the distances are dialed in to what I was seeing at the fitting. I am about 1000 feet more in elevation from ECPC so just a few yards longer.

That is awesome Snicks. I used the 5 and 6 today at the range and was super impressed again.

These really are super irons. If the Cobra Forged Tec had not completely clicked, these would be in my bag.

I left the 4i out of my bag for 10 weeks. For grins, I used it again in Wednesday. Such a great option for me off the tee. I absolutely love the forged tecs, but this 4i is a rocket launcher.

I'm finding this 4 iron to be my go to off the tee on placement holes. It's a lot more accurate than my 3 Wood. And, honestly, I'm not giving up all that many yards it seems.

I still don't know how far this 4 iron goes. I swear it's the farthest I have ever hit and it's not close.

I still don't know how far this 4 iron goes. I swear it's the farthest I have ever hit and it's not close.
Ask @radiman , he hit a. 4 iron at the Hideaway that was pushing 240. He uses it for a driving iron

Ask @radiman , he hit a. 4 iron at the Hideaway that was pushing 240. He uses it for a driving iron
It goes far. I use it off the tee on 3 holes at my course. All tight holes where it's more important to be safe instead of long. But, it helps to be both 😉

I still don't know how far this 4 iron goes. I swear
It slots in as a strong 5w distance for me. One of my buddies recently accused me of sandbagging because I didn’t have it in the bag. I have been trying a 3h in its place and just haven’t been as accurate with hybrid as well off the tee. I don’t hit the 4i off the deck near as well.

These are my epic forged 4i tee stats.
5B69693C-EB96-4F60-8C3C-4B72372852C2.png

I have been playing these irons for awhile now and they just continue to impress. So much so that I haven’t even tried any new irons this year, which is not usual for me.

I can change trajectories with these. Play different shot shapes. And they hold the greens. But the thing that keeps me playing them is the distance control, which is surprising given how far they go.

Couple thoughts from last nights round, There is plenty of forgiveness on the toe side. Also seeing plenty of height on shots to aid in the stopping power. Not ballooning shots, but enough height to get a good decent angle to have the ball stop quick with little to no rollout.
It was dead calm last night with high humidity (super thick air) and was still able to carry the ball close to normal distances.

My entire game has been struggling lately. I had a lesson this evening with my swing coach and decided to throw these in my bag. I would love to see anything else that can compare to the combination of distance and spin that I was seeing. Some have said that these are very low spin. I just am not seeing it. I was consistently seeing over 6000 spin with the 7 iron. For a distance iron, that is really good spin, at least for me.

Had a really good day with these irons. Have been working on hitting less than full shots when need, (in between club) and has been much better lately. I have found that my gaps are right about 12-15 yards between clubs and is consistent thru the whole set.

I have had 2 good rounds in a row now with these irons and they are staying very consistent for me distance wise. Even with temps being in the 90's and the greens getting really firm I haven't had any issues holding greens.

I have had 2 good rounds in a row now with these irons and they are staying very consistent for me distance wise. Even with temps being in the 90's and the greens getting really firm I haven't had any issues holding greens.

I’m actually playing them tomorrow, because others were packed up. Pretty excited. I know in the next couple of weeks there is a Range Days episode on them as well.

I was almost glad I couldn’t get enough spin out of them. I hit a few crazy long for me but they had under 4K of spin for the 6 iron which isn’t really playable. I thought they looked great though.

Another great round with them today ! Had a couple really good approach shots that just stuck in the perfect spot on the green. Just absolutely love the feel and forgiveness combo.

I was almost glad I couldn’t get enough spin out of them. I hit a few crazy long for me but they had under 4K of spin for the 6 iron which isn’t really playable. I thought they looked great though.

That is very dependent on other numbers. What was descent angle.

My entire game has been struggling lately. I had a lesson this evening with my swing coach and decided to throw these in my bag. I would love to see anything else that can compare to the combination of distance and spin that I was seeing. Some have said that these are very low spin. I just am not seeing it. I was consistently seeing over 6000 spin with the 7 iron. For a distance iron, that is really good spin, at least for me.
That's a great number for a 7 iron that has some height to it!

Had a really good day with these irons. Have been working on hitting less than full shots when need, (in between club) and has been much better lately. I have found that my gaps are right about 12-15 yards between clubs and is consistent thru the whole set.

these are such a great set for you!

That is very dependent on other numbers. What was descent angle.

I don’t remember exactly but not steep enough. I am not a high ball hitter and couldn’t get enough trajectory out of them. Plus my wife wouldn’t have been happy with the purchase :).

Any post round thoughts JB?

Back