Review Callaway Epic Forged Irons

These irons are funnnnn... After smoking a tree maybe 50 yards from the tee box, I had 205 left to the pin on an elevated green. Fortunately, I bagged the 5i yesterday. Nice smooth swing produced my best shot of the day. Shot carried to the fringe and rolled to pin high, about 15 feet right.

I know there has been talk of not being able to get enough spin with these irons to hold greens, I don't see it.
Down wind, 125y with a PW and the ball stopped within 2 feet of the ball make. It hit and hopped and stopped dead.
The other shot was from 104 yards to an elevated green. Two playing partners where watching it come it and I heard them yell. Got to the green and they had marked the ball mark for me. The ball landed 2 feet past the pin and came back 4 feet.

There isn't much I haven't been able to do with these irons. They can be worked left or right, I have been able to flight them when necessary.

I know there has been talk of not being able to get enough spin with these irons to hold greens, I don't see it.
Down wind, 125y with a PW and the ball stopped within 2 feet of the ball make. It hit and hopped and stopped dead.
The other shot was from 104 yards to an elevated green. Two playing partners where watching it come it and I heard them yell. Got to the green and they had marked the ball mark for me. The ball landed 2 feet past the pin and came back 4 feet.

There isn't much I haven't been able to do with these irons. They can be worked left or right, I have been able to flight them when necessary.
Will definitely depend on the user, but I feel line we showed in Range Days as well what you’re talking about when it comes to these.

Had a good round with the Epic Forged irons today. Haven’t had any issues with holding greens. Shot today was a Par 3 playing 167 yards 7 iron with no wind at all. Ball was fading just a little bit and rolled out maybe 4-5 feet max which I’m good with. I had a couple other shots today with 8 and 9 irons that stopped closer to the ball marks than this one.
33FC05E3-7063-4BF2-9EB0-129B1EA483AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a good round with the Epic Forged irons today. Haven’t had any issues with holding greens. Shot today was a Par 3 playing 167 yards 7 iron with no wind at all. Ball was fading just a little bit and rolled out maybe 4-5 feet max which I’m good with. I had a couple other shots today with 8 and 9 irons that stopped closer to the divots than this one.
View attachment 8951943

these have transformed your iron game, well done Snicks.

these have transformed your iron game, well done Snicks.
Thanks, Mike!!! Right now I don't think there is a better set of irons for my game and these have been super consistent for me. Lots of new irons will be coming to market soon, but with the fitting we received at ECPC and the performance these are giving me they would be hard to beat.

I had a pretty good day with the irons today. They continue to just perform and in a great way.
Par 3, 167 yards 6 iron to 4 feet for birdie.

Every week I check CPO for an awesome sale and just the right 5i and 4i to try to see if they can replace my hybrids. I hit my hybrids the best I’ve hit them in a while yesterday though so the ponder weakened ... but just a smidge.

So I was over to Golf USA in Manhattan KS today to get the lofts and lies checked on my irons. 6-AW in my set and for the most part after 50-60 rounds these where still fairly close to specs. Only some minor tweaks to get them back to where they needed to be at 1 flat. The jaws wedges where still spot on.
If anyone is looking for a set of these irons, they have a 4-GW (9 irons for sale for $1600)

Was also told that they where told to pull these irons from their fitting cart as they where no longer available for order. :cry:
I really have had some great rounds with these irons and plan on keeping them for quite some time.

Last edited:
So I was over to Golf USA in Manhattan KS today to get the lofts and lies checked on my irons. 6-AW in my set and for the most part after 50-60 rounds these where still fairly close to specs. Only some minor tweaks to get them back to where they needed to be at 1 flat. The jaws wedges where still spot on.
If anyone is looking for a set of these irons, they have a 4-GW (9 irons for sale for $1600)

Was also told that they where told to pull these irons from their fitting cart as they where no longer available for order. :cry:
I really have had some great rounds with these irons and plan on keeping them for quite some time.

That’s interesting because I got an email from Callaway today telling me about the irons with the links to order them! I found it funny as i play them now (and yeah; like you, I don’t foresee them leaving the bag any time soon)

There was even a link to the THP Range Days covering them in the email!

That’s interesting because I got an email from Callaway today telling me about the irons with the links to order them! I found it funny as i play them now (and yeah; like you, I don’t foresee them leaving the bag any time soon)

There was even a link to the THP Range Days covering them in the email!
Ya that is odd, may have to reach out to @JasonFinleyCG for the answer to this one.

they are still showing available on Callaway’s site.
They will for a bit he said, they just are not supposed to fit anyone to them. So not sure how that works really .

They will for a bit he said, they just are not supposed to fit anyone to them. So not sure how that works really .

that’s so odd for irons that have been out roughly a year.

that’s so odd for irons that have been out roughly a year.
Could be a combination of things though, less sales than expected, cost prohibitive, new irons coming out maybe. All sorts of possibilities.

Could be, they aren’t terribly more expensive than the og epics though....

In any event; this would make me sad - they are amazing sounding and feeling clubs

I hope Callaway keeps them and keeps making more iterations. It’s clear these have been a great test bed for emerging tech for Callaway

I had a good day with these irons. I didn't hit a ton of GIR but the distances where spot on for me when I missed. I wouldn't give up these irons for anything right now.

I sent a note to @JasonFinleyCG and he assured me that the Epic iron line was not discontinued and still on a 2 year cycle; so fantastic news there. Jason mentioned that there may even be a bit of a backlog on orders for these. So just speculation, but some fitters may be not fitting for these right now because it may take a bit longer to get them to the customer.

In any event, these are still being produced and the line will be continued..! @Snickerdog something to be stoked for, but I really don't know how they improve on these.

I sent a note to @JasonFinleyCG and he assured me that the Epic iron line was not discontinued and still on a 2 year cycle; so fantastic news there. Jason mentioned that there may even be a bit of a backlog on orders for these. So just speculation, but some fitters may be not fitting for these right now because it may take a bit longer to get them to the customer.

In any event, these are still being produced and the line will be continued..! @Snickerdog something to be stoked for, but I really don't know how they improve on these.
That is awesome news!!!! Hopefully more guys/gals will have a chance to try these out then. Great set of irons.

While playing last night I was really paying attention to my ball marks when I hit the greens to see how far shots where rolling out. Plenty of decent angle and shots where only rolling out 2-5 feet at the most. Several where stopping closer with the higher lofted clubs.
No reason to have to swing hard with these irons, good contact and the ball is hitting distances needed.

While playing last night I was really paying attention to my ball marks when I hit the greens to see how far shots where rolling out. Plenty of decent angle and shots where only rolling out 2-5 feet at the most. Several where stopping closer with the higher lofted clubs.
No reason to have to swing hard with these irons, good contact and the ball is hitting distances needed.

I love how you continue to promote these after your Grandaddy experience. It’s too bad that these are at the price point that they are because there are so many people who literally would see their iron game transform in a positive way using this offering. They really are amazing within the niche that they serve.

I've really struggled with my swing lately (no fault of these clubs)! So spending plenty of time with the irons improving my striking. Just love the feel of these when I hit them very well... Hands down the best feeling iron I've hit to date.

I had the pw from this set, the Mizuno MMCs and the Cobra Forged Tec out for 40 minutes this morning, hitting balls into a field. From a pure feel/sound perspective (to me), it went Mizuno (not surprising) > Epic Forged > Forged Tec. The Epic Forged was closer in feel to the Mizuno than to the Forged Tec. I was kind of surprised and I am not knocking the Forged Tecs. They feel great.

Several recent posts speculate about the future of this offering. Right now, it appears to be unavailable.

B4F33558-9333-4568-B3EE-B8045A1785AD.png

Several recent posts speculate about the future of this offering. Right now, it appears to be unavailable.

View attachment 8955729
Saw this last night when I was on the site. To bad as it is a great iron. But everything moves forward.

Back