Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

The Canadian site isn’t allowing for custom head to be built yet but I did play with it on the US one and once it’s working I will be ordering the max LS

Looking at a Epic Max LS with a Mitsubishi MMT shaft. Has anybody hit that shaft yet?

anyone going custom udesign and choosing the "clean crown" option?

i'll do a fitting later this year. if one of these wins out, i'll go custom and go clean crown. i love that as an option.

i'll do a fitting later this year. if one of these wins out, i'll go custom and go clean crown. i love that as an option.
my fitting is scheduled for next month. I will go clean crown on which ever model i get fit into.

Looking at a Epic Max LS with a Mitsubishi MMT shaft. Has anybody hit that shaft yet?
I spent a good hour over a couple of trips to the shop hitting both the speed and LS with the mmt 70s shaft. The 70 worked better for me over the 60. I thought it was a solid option and will order with it.

Yep, ordering the LS with clean crown. Only thing better would be if they offered the clean head in a matte finish

@chpar4 has. Paging Chuck
Small sample size. Hit about 20 balls with the Max LS head. Very impressed. Feel is very good. Surprising to me because I did not like the feel in the iron offering at all. I hit the 60s for a 64 yr old the numbers where impressive. Will be going head to head with LIN-Q Purple soon.

Any idea if you're able to go the custom udesign route for builds placed through Club Champion?

Well, crazy turn of events; had a professional fitting today. The clear and I mean clear winner was LS 10.5° in S/N setting with a 17G rear sliding weight attached to a Ventus Blue 6S @ 45”. The Speed 9° and my Mavrik 9° were left in the dust in average carry and dispersion. The fitting was on GC Quad and the average strike points were very close. The big difference was the LS didn’t spin up anywhere near what the Speed and Mavrik did and ball speed was higher.

I did today. I like how it feels but it was spinning a lot for me. Probably need to go to a 9 degree head. I was hitting a 10.5.

I did today. I like how it feels but it was spinning a lot for me. Probably need to go to a 9 degree head. I was hitting a 10.5.
It's pretty active for my tastes in driver, but I had a dream where I had a 1" tipped 70S in a Speed FW that I can't seem to get out of my head.

Small sample size. Hit about 20 balls with the Max LS head. Very impressed. Feel is very good. Surprising to me because I did not like the feel in the iron offering at all. I hit the 60s for a 64 yr old the numbers where impressive. Will be going head to head with LIN-Q Purple soon.

I swear a match between you and @Tenputt would be awesome to see. Anyways on topic, can’t wait for you to get more time with Max LS

It's pretty active for my tastes in driver, but I had a dream where I had a 1" tipped 70S in a Speed FW that I can't seem to get out of my head.
That could work..

I swear a match between you and @Tenputt would be awesome to see. Anyways on topic, can’t wait for you to get more time with Max LS
Hey a 64 year old with 160’s ball speed scares me. 😂

I hit the LS with the Ventus Blue and was seeing 2300 to 2450 spin on most of my shots. My fitter thought that was ideal for my launch. But looking at the data I was hitting down on most of my shots.

Probably from hitting down on about 150 balls with my irons.:unsure: I was getting pretty tired by the time we got to the Driver but I hit center face the most with the Ventus Blue and the Epic LS.

There is a Ventus Blue in the Marketplace if you're looking for one.

Well, crazy turn of events; had a professional fitting today. The clear and I mean clear winner was LS 10.5° in S/N setting with a 17G rear sliding weight attached to a Ventus Blue 6S @ 45”. The Speed 9° and my Mavrik 9° were left in the dust in average carry and dispersion. The fitting was on GC Quad and the average strike points were very close. The big difference was the LS didn’t spin up anywhere near what the Speed and Mavrik did and ball speed was higher.

I hit the LS with the Ventus Blue and was seeing 2300 to 2450 spin on most of my shots. My fitter thought that was ideal for my launch. But looking at the data I was hitting down on most of my shots.

Probably from hitting down on about 150 balls with my irons.:unsure: I was getting pretty tired by the time we got to the Driver but I hit center face the most with the Ventus Blue and the Epic LS.

There is a Ventus Blue in the Marketplace if you're looking for one.

I’m 5° up on the ball. My average spin was 2147 rpm with a launch of 15.4°. Spin didn’t drop or spike up as dramatically as with the other heads. I really like how the club looked at address best of the bunch too.

60s was the shaft. Ball speed was 138/140 🤪
Ok, but you could have kept the hero worshipping going for a long time.

I’m 5° up on the ball. My average spin was 2147 rpm with a launch of 15.4°. Spin didn’t drop or spike up as dramatically as with the other heads. I really like how the club looked at address best of the bunch too.
I've got similar numbers to you on AoA and launch usually and was the cause of my love/hate relationship with the Epic Flash SZ. Hit it anywhere close to the center and it was bombed. Be 2 mm outside to the toe and it nose dived. Be 2 mm to the heel and watch it spin into orbit.

From all that I have seen, the Max LS seems like the perfect blend of forgiveness and spin. Can't wait to spend some quality time with it.

Back