Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

See what you have been missing.....
Haha! Yes I know. But I got the enjoyment of two job changes, two moves, and welcoming two new beautiful kiddos into the world. Luckily for my golf game the dust has settled and the sheriff has green lit my return to golf. Excited to be excited about golf again :cool:

70B43338-2029-4F7D-AD80-2A435D9DB61D.jpeg

No, I snagged it from the interwebs...

Might be a little off. According to Callaway, Epic Speed is more forgiving than Mavrik and slightly more draw biased;)

Might be a little off. According to Callaway, Epic Speed is more forgiving than Mavrik and slightly more draw biased;)
Seems close enough...

I don’t think that graphic is very accurate. Not based on what Tyler shared during the live chat or the info we received wary on.

It’s pretty though.

I don’t think that graphic is very accurate. Not based on what Tyler shared during the live chat or the info we received wary on.

It’s pretty though.

How would you reorg it left the right?

It’s pretty though.

agreed...If you look at the pic of the Mav head it shows its really stretched out and the std Mav head is pretty compact looking compared to most of their models.

The Max LS paired with the UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple shaft was perfect for me today on it's maiden launch. With no warm up my first drive was piped down the middle. Hit 12/14 fairways and may have sold 3 drivers for Callaway to my playing partners, as I wasn't the shortest this round:LOL:

On advice from @radiman I move the weight about a quarter of an inch toward the heel and produced baby draws all day. Only two bad swings were I went over the top and produced a pull hook that I got lucky with as it hit a tree and bounced back towards the fairway. The other was a ball I was trying to draw around a tree but I pushed it into the right rough.

I only used the Max 3 wood once today off the tee and it felt like I nutted it. Great flight and distance. When I looked at the club I had hit it way out on the toe. Normaly that would have hooked out the planet for my former 3 wood.

My speed with the RDX smoke black is still showing beginning of April for delivery. I'm getting a little LS envy and keep thinking of changing my order. Trying to resist because I definitely saw the fade bias when I did my fitting and my miss is out to the right. I've been fighting some swing issues in my indoor league and been driving the ball really poorly. Hoping to get some confidence back when I can start swinging a new stick instead of using a borrowed driver until it comes.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

i hope to have the max on the range for the first time tomorrow! and i have a round scheduled for sat morning if the rain holds off. really excited!

Could someone post the stock shaft length without the head attached, grip to tip. Just received a Max LS ordered at +1 inch but it sure don't look it. Thanks

Could someone post the stock shaft length without the head attached, grip to tip. Just received a Max LS ordered at +1 inch but it sure don't look it. Thanks
I ordered standard length and this is what I’m coming up with
832B71D0-7E0F-47A5-B848-6C0EEBF37AFF.jpeg

I am going to be so un-golf forum like here. I have hit a lot of drivers (many poorly) over the last three years, but for two days straight I have had crazy good result with the Epic Max and the (embarrassing) Recoil 450 shaft...and I like the green color scheme.
It is my friends and in two days I have hit probably 60 balls with it and 60 balls side by side with my Sim Max with Ventus blue shaft. The Epic is producing at least 15 yards more carry and the dispersion is not very close. It feels like I can hit it most everywhere on the Epic face and still be fairway bound. I am older and my driver SS averaged 99.8 on Trackman a month ago with the Sim. Maybe the Epic Max and Recoil shaft (I play Recoil 110 F4's in my Srixon blades) is the ticket for old guys that are losing SS?
Anyway, I have one on the way. No way to argue with the results I have seen.
The one thing left to do will be to airbrush over the Recoil name...Tour AD DI 7X :)

I am going to be so un-golf forum like here. I have hit a lot of drivers (many poorly) over the last three years, but for two days straight I have had crazy good result with the Epic Max and the (embarrassing) Recoil 450 shaft...and I like the green color scheme.
It is my friends and in two days I have hit probably 60 balls with it and 60 balls side by side with my Sim Max with Ventus blue shaft. The Epic is producing at least 15 yards more carry and the dispersion is not very close. It feels like I can hit it most everywhere on the Epic face and still be fairway bound. I am older and my driver SS averaged 99.8 on Trackman a month ago with the Sim. Maybe the Epic Max and Recoil shaft (I play Recoil 110 F4's in my Srixon blades) is the ticket for old guys that are losing SS?
Anyway, I have one on the way. No way to argue with the results I have seen.
The one thing left to do will be to airbrush over the Recoil name...Tour AD DI 7X :)

99.8 is nothing to sneeze at. You’re driving the ball what 260-270 ish ?

My speed with the RDX smoke black is still showing beginning of April for delivery. I'm getting a little LS envy and keep thinking of changing my order. Trying to resist because I definitely saw the fade bias when I did my fitting and my miss is out to the right. I've been fighting some swing issues in my indoor league and been driving the ball really poorly. Hoping to get some confidence back when I can start swinging a new stick instead of using a borrowed driver until it comes.

Fade bias in the speed?

99.8 is nothing to sneeze at. You’re driving the ball what 260-270 ish ?

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. 100mph is pretty darn good!

Fade bias in the speed?
Fade bias in the LS which is why the speed seemed like a better fit. I'm really working on my over the top move and hoping to shallow out some but with a right miss I could really see the difference. The speed was a tad faster for me but I couldn't try the shafts I wanted too due to fitting limitations. I've just been intrigued by the LS option and the feedback seems to be immensely positive. I probably should just stop reading .

My swing is still a work in progress but i was hitting my epic speed driver really well at the range tonight. I have an Arccos sensor on it now and am hoping to get it on the course this weekend to start getting data with it

Ok so 1st round with the Max LS today and my oh my, am I impressed! Mishits are known audibly big time but I saw some drives today at distances longer than I see in the summertime from my flash! Mishits I was not punished near as much as I was with the flash. Sound is waaaaay different than the flash but I actually liked it. More of a tingy sound if that makes sense. Overall I am in love so far. One downside I saw is that the fins on the sole of the driver in the matte painted part are already losing the paint after one round from contact with ground/tees. Isn’t a deal breaker but super happy with making the switch! Can’t wait for warm temps to see what this thing can really do!

Hit the epic speed today. 9* with the MMT 60 stiff. 110 mph swing, 155 mph ball speed. 1.40 smash. Spin was around 3K. With a different shaft, this is a contender.
For sure. With that swing speed, you get that smash up to 1.48, 1.49 and you've got a beast.

Back