Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

The Speed has a home in my bag. I lost one drive to the right today, but other than that it was lights out at the new length and weight configuration.

298 ✅
300 ✅
298 ✅
333 ✅
281 ✅
294 ✅
322 ✅
302 ✅
300 ✅
297 ✅
266 ❌🌳
307 ✅

11/12 300y, even with the one that smacked a tree at 266. New course, lots of semi blind landings, and big trouble if offline, and I was aiming for every carry and turn without hesitation. The 281 was a bit of a flare on a two hole stretch when I was suddenly blocking the ball, but everything else was pretty steady on speed and flight. My buddy who has played with me a ton of times said "I think that's the one for you. Those are some of the best drives I've ever seen you hit." So that means a lot coming from him. He also thinks I should stop buying new ones now, adamantly, so he might just be competely crazy too! :p

Well done, sir!

The Speed has a home in my bag. I lost one drive to the right today, but other than that it was lights out at the new length and weight configuration.

298 ✅
300 ✅
298 ✅
333 ✅
281 ✅
294 ✅
322 ✅
302 ✅
300 ✅
297 ✅
266 ❌🌳
307 ✅

11/12 300y, even with the one that smacked a tree at 266. New course, lots of semi blind landings, and big trouble if offline, and I was aiming for every carry and turn without hesitation. The 281 was a bit of a flare on a two hole stretch when I was suddenly blocking the ball, but everything else was pretty steady on speed and flight. My buddy who has played with me a ton of times said "I think that's the one for you. Those are some of the best drives I've ever seen you hit." So that means a lot coming from him. He also thinks I should stop buying new ones now, adamantly, so he might just be competely crazy too! :p

Nice round. I must have missed it, what weight did you put in?

Nice round. I must have missed it, what weight did you put in?
I just set it up a tad shorter than stock with a ventus black, added a extra 5g to the head and moved it a little flat. Little heavier swing weight and feel.

I just set it up a tad shorter than stock with a ventus black, added a extra 5g to the head and moved it a little flat. Little heavier swing weight and feel.

Got ya, so you have a 10G weight in it? I've been considering grabbing one for the same reason.

Got ya, so you have a 10G weight in it? I've been considering grabbing one for the same reason.
7g actually. At stock length with the Ventus Black 6X they only had 2g in it at D2.

To my fellow #TEAMSPEED members: @OldandStiff @Muchmore18 @MSEASU

Have you gotten that feeling to try something else then you pull Speed out of trunk or garage and just FALL in love again? Anybody? Is it just me? Sigh.......lol;)
Well I had plans to rotate between it and my TSi3 I love, that I may have pushed back a day or two after seeing my launch and spin window today... if that counts.

To my fellow #TEAMSPEED members: @OldandStiff @Muchmore18 @MSEASU

Have you gotten that feeling to try something else then you pull Speed out of trunk or garage and just FALL in love again? Anybody? Is it just me? Sigh.......lol;)
Not at all 🔥 I totally get where you’re going with this but I have a real story as to why I won’t look anywhere else this year.

I had a severe problem with confidence at the end of last season with my driver, which is actually really sad because the SIM I was using last year was the best I’d ever driven a ball up to that point. Then out of nowhere it just went away. That lack of confidence crept in to other clubs and the end of the season was pretty miserable off the tee.

Got the Speed before I was able to get outside and was using it on the simulator and something just clicked for me. That’s mostly translated outside, minus the occasional swing no club would help, and it’s been the biggest confidence booster. My game is the best when I’m comfortable off the tee and that falls down to my other clubs and I’m able to relax out there

In short, I’m set for the year :D

Not at all 🔥 I totally get where you’re going with this but I have a real story as to why I won’t look anywhere else this year.

I had a severe problem with confidence at the end of last season with my driver, which is actually really sad because the SIM I was using last year was the best I’d ever driven a ball up to that point. Then out of nowhere it just went away. That lack of confidence crept in to other clubs and the end of the season was pretty miserable off the tee.

Got the Speed before I was able to get outside and was using it on the simulator and something just clicked for me. That’s mostly translated outside, minus the occasional swing no club would help, and it’s been the biggest confidence booster. My game is the best when I’m comfortable off the tee and that falls down to my other clubs and I’m able to relax out there

In short, I’m set for the year :D

SIM worked nicely for me also last year until the quack hook showed up.......same as you , confidence lost and the search began .....I LITERALLY stumbled onto Speed and IT has truly been a gem ! Reincarnation of my all-time favorite driver the R510 non-tp 330cc......hopefully I can age with it because truly the fit has been match made......

i tested evenflow green in epic flash (loved it), played riptide in mav max (hated it), and currently have im10 50 s (love it). im10 hasn’t felt too soft with an aggressive swing, or too stiff with a poorly sequenced swing. it’s just very stable and responsive at the same time. i’m super impressed.
I need to give my im10 another chance but i tried my even flow green in my Speed and really enjoyed it

i tested evenflow green in epic flash (loved it), played riptide in mav max (hated it), and currently have im10 50 s (love it). im10 hasn’t felt too soft with an aggressive swing, or too stiff with a poorly sequenced swing. it’s just very stable and responsive at the same time. i’m super impressed.

I can see where one would not like the the Riptide - I can't get too quick with it even with my limited speed. Gotta be really smooth with this one at transition and then pour that sub-100 SS on that sucker...o_O

Started round with balance and great tempo.......Speed was locked in.....then I (human error) attempted to "add" some hit......I'm the smooth guy.....adding hit isn't in the cards.....Speed wasn't at fault......I did have 3 or 4 jaw dropping drives .....my playing partners ; hadn't played with 2 of the since Speed acquisition, noticed the same ..... I can't wait to play again......it will be in Tennessee on a unknown course but I don't care.....playing anywhere with Speed is a treat. #SPEEDRULZ

I’m having a battle between Speed and Max LS and enjoying the heck out of it.

Another solid day from the Speed. Only missed 2 fairways, 1 of which I just took the wrong line cutting the corner on a dogleg. Had a couple intimidating tee shots on this course, and had total confidence in the driver to get it done. One interesting thing was I switched to a lower spin ball on the back 9, and it really seemed to unlock a few extra yards for me. Had several in the 285 range (a bit downwind), but that's still really big for me. Continue to love everything about this driver.

Hit the Speed on the course with very good results - Hung nothing out to the right - ball go straight and far. It was a fun driver to hit.

Going to join this party!! Picked up a Speed Smoke iM10 50g 5.5 9* driver today. I will have the stock shaft, an Evenflow and my Ventus Blue to plug in and try in this.
Playing Saturday with @shanewu so will have some thoughts then.

hit the epic max on the range today, and i'm just reminded every time how damn good this driver is. not a SINGLE hook. can't express how happy that makes me.

Going to join this party!! Picked up a Speed Smoke iM10 50g 5.5 9* driver today. I will have the stock shaft, an Evenflow and my Ventus Blue to plug in and try in this.
Playing Saturday with @shanewu so will have some thoughts then.

hit the epic max on the range today, and i'm just reminded every time how damn good this driver is. not a SINGLE hook. can't express how happy that makes me.

I really love the Epic Max as well. I know it is not really an extension or even evolution of the standard Mavrik per se, but the Epic Max is everything I loved about the Mavrik, but more confidence-inspiring at address, more forgiving, and more adjustable with the sliding weight.

I've given probably 10-15 of my Callaway shafts a run thus far, and as with any head, some work better than others. For my game, this head doesn't seem to like too soft or too stiff. The three shafts that have excelled for me so far are the Rogue White 60 R, Speeder 665 Evo II TS R, and Aldila Synergy 60 R. Essentially, solid and stable regular flex shafts around 65g. So confident behind the ball, lots of fairways, and very few bad misses.

I really love the Epic Max as well. I know it is not really an extension or even evolution of the standard Mavrik per se, but the Epic Max is everything I loved about the Mavrik, but more confidence-inspiring at address, more forgiving, and more adjustable with the sliding weight.

I've given probably 10-15 of my Callaway shafts a run thus far, and as with any head, some work better than others. For my game, this head doesn't seem to like too soft or too stiff. The three shafts that have excelled for me so far are the Rogue White 60 R, Speeder 665 Evo II TS R, and Aldila Synergy 60 R. Essentially, solid and stable regular flex shafts around 65g. So confident behind the ball, lots of fairways, and very few bad misses.

You don't happen to have Tensei Blue AV 65R laying around? That's another nice option 👌

Who's in the lead so far?

You don't happen to have Tensei Blue AV 65R laying around? That's another nice option 👌

Who's in the lead so far?

I sure do have the Tensei AV Blue 65 R. Works nicely also with the Epic Max, and is in the mix. You can see where my general comfort zone is, with that "blue" ish sort of shaft profile in the 60s.

So, last weekend the Speeder 665 Evo II TS from a few years ago was terrific in a real round. I went out for 9 this morning with the Rogue White 60 and Synergy 60, switching off on multiple holes. Both excellent, both found fairways, but Rogue White about 10-15 yards further due to slightly lower launch and likely lower spin (not surprising compared to the Synergy).

I loved the Rogue White 60 in the Mavrik, and still love it in the Epic Max, so as long as it finds fairways and is longer, that is probably in the lead. I do want to kind of settle on one soon, but want to do some head-to-head between the Speeder and Rogue White, and maybe give the Tensei Blue a round.

Back