Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I contacted customer service and they said it was delayed because of grip not expected to mid august. I told them to change the grip to any in stock.

Max LS is a unique driver. It launches the ball then really keeps the spin down. It seems kind of unicorn like to me in that regard.

Going to get some time on a Trackman tonight, and planning on utilizing part of it to understand my driver, and if I can optimize it

Yeah, cause you don't hit it far enough now......

Sped has been really working for me. Put the stock IM10 shaft back in and also went back to the 6g weight in the back. Hit 5 FIR in my round before league and hit 5 during league tonight.
As long as I put a smooth swing on it it just goes straight and long for me or I can get a nice 3-5 yard draw out of it.
A couple rounds ago, I went back to the iM10 as well and was really glad I did. Felt better than I remembered and I was hitting the draws I wanted until the back 9 where I started hitting straight but still decent length pushes. It's so odd that I went from loving it the first round out and then slowly disliking it ... and then Tinker-palooza 2021 started and it got dusty for a couple months. Anyway, it will be in the Speed on Saturday.

I contacted customer service and they said it was delayed because of grip not expected to mid august. I told them to change the grip to any in stock.
The grip shortage has been going on for months. Reached out to their customer service and had them change to whatever they had to release build. Moved delivery time from +1-2 months to about a week.

💎💎💎<Speed<Gamer for me. I'm a pass on the Triple D. Switched to the Speed on the back and could more easily hit all the shots I needed, and with more distance. It looks way better over the ball to me too. I'm not a big fan of the shape of the 3D.

The grip shortage has been going on for months. Reached out to their customer service and had them change to whatever they had to release build. Moved delivery time from +1-2 months to about a week.

I had initially picked a stock grip as I wasn’t planning on using that. Had I known that was the problem I would have contacted them sooner. They could send it without a grip for all I care I’m really just looking for the head. Hopefully this means it will come sooner now.

💎💎💎<Speed<Gamer for me. I'm a pass on the Triple D. Switched to the Speed on the back and could more easily hit all the shots I needed, and with more distance. It looks way better over the ball to me too. I'm not a big fan of the shape of the 3D.
The sexy triple diamond heads are always tempting but the LS is just perfect for me. I wont even try a different shaft or add weight to the head although its 2 points lighter than my normal swingweight. If it keeps treating me right I am not touching a thing.

Had a good session in the Trackman today. Here are some results. I was getting a bit tired, especially later on.

Epic Max 10.5*, with Hzrdus Black Smoke RDX 70g 6.0 at 44.75

Top result is driver set at 9.5* (-1/N)
Bottom is set at 10.5* (N/S)

10345FCD-1B52-42DF-B09B-D7E53808C99E.jpeg
A09AC4B5-2B97-49AA-8DD9-85C7968CBCFA.jpeg
186997E6-09A2-454B-B026-451D49810DAB.jpeg

Was allllllll sorts of crap with the driver today. Big pulls OB left.
need to get it together for my match play match tomorrow

Hoping to play Saturday morning and will have the Max LS in the bag. The Ventus black 7S seems like a great combo.

After hitting @93civiccpe driver, I want to run out and buy one. But I must be patient.

You piped it.. it was one of your best drives of the day.. you need to get one!! 🤣

After this mornings round the 💎💎💎 has officially taken over for the tsi3 which I really did like. I am just hitting 💎💎💎 straighter and longer consistently. I’m done experimenting in that slot for the year and I am happy that I don’t have to keep questioning which driver to use going forward.

After this mornings round the 💎💎💎 has officially taken over for the tsi3 which I really did like. I am just hitting 💎💎💎 straighter and longer consistently. I’m done experimenting in that slot for the year and I am happy that I don’t have to keep questioning which driver to use going forward.

Has the tripD helped you eliminate any misses or would you mind expanding on why it seems better than your TSi3? Just curious! Thanks!

Dan, checking out the Finns

1627822078585.jpeg

Has the tripD helped you eliminate any misses or would you mind expanding on why it seems better than your TSi3? Just curious! Thanks!
Sound and feel are a bit better for me as well as I am hitting this thing mostly dead straight. With the tsi3 ball flight was always a slight fade which worked but I think it caused me to lose a bit of distance? I lost the tsi3 to the right a lot more than I am now. On my home course that puts me in a lot of trees not far off the fairway. I step on the tee withe the 💎💎💎and I am confident that I am splitting the fairway which of course doesn’t always happen but it is happening more. The 💎💎💎 has eliminated the ponders if there is a better driver out there for me right now and that helps my weak mind

I had another great day with the Max LS and after 5 months it has been just incredible. After a few rounds to dial it in I have had only one round this year that I struggled with driver. I have not had any lessons since putting it in play and I have been to the driving range only 2-3 times. I used to use hybrids and irons off the tee a lot but now I find a way to fit driver unless the hole calls for something else. The low tee'd choke down shot has been higher percentage than anything on tight holes lately. I have been concentrating on accuracy and not distance during this good stretch but today I let it rip on a couple wide open holes and it showed what it is capable of, filthy bombs.

Happy that I'm hitting fairways and straight bombs, but can I still be sad that the RadSpeed XB is beating out my Max LS? :cautious::cautious::cry::cry:

After my lesson, which really gave me some confidence off the tee, I hammered the Epic Speed LS and the Epic Speed 3w in 9 holes on Saturday evening.

Some of these tee shots are downhill, so major caveat there.

Hole 1: first swing without warmup, downhill 293 total.
Hole 3: Uphill par 5. 291.
Hole 5: Very downhill 3 wood: 309. Felt like Henrik Stenson there.
Hole 6: Uphill, but if you carry it about 275, and get it on the right edge of a narrow fairway, it will roll down and to the left, ending just on the fairway: 315 total, a record with this driver.
Hole 9: 284.

The ball is just jumping off the face. Getting professional eyes on my swing gave me the confidence I need to line it up and swing hard. These were the results I needed to see after a lesson!

Hit an idea 5 max this past Saturday on a shorter par 4... played off left side of fairway bunker and got the baby draw I wanted. i think it went around 240-250. seem to hit it mostly pretty straight with this club and it's definitely less draw biased for me than the Mavrik Max was, which is absolutely what I wanted from it. would love to try a 3 and 3+ max

Been struggling for the better part of almost two months (with one great round in there) with my game off the tee but consistently struggling with driver most of the year. Did a LOT of range work this weekend and am actually seeing some actual results!

I've talked a bit in here about how well the Speed has worked for me on the toe side, how forgiving it is, how it's kept me in play when I haven't deserved it and so on. Well I've started finding the center of the face and the sound and feel of this thing is freaking addicting!

I had a TM SIM last season and thought that was my favorite sound and feel in a driver and that nothing would really come close to that. And I was hard set on that belief all the way up until this last Sunday and continuing on to tonight. The feeling of a ball coming out of the center of the Speed is second to none for me That very well could be my excitement of actually connecting with a ball, because that has been a rarity so far, but either way it's true to me right now.

The ball is FLYING off the face exactly where I want to see it and I'm getting some of my most consistent distances I've ever seen! It's crazy how much confidence I have looking down at that ball right now. It's not a feeling I've had in a long time.

I totally understand that this is the result of the work I put in and I'd probably see success with any driver I had in the bag at the time. But THIS driver is the one I'm using right now and couldn't be happier with the sound, the feel, and the performance!

I’m enjoying the Max 7w but I’ve already moved on from the 5w. It just seemed to spin lots and I couldn’t get comfy with it off the tee. I’d appreciate any thoughts from people playing the speed 4w or 5w. I think I may enjoy the deeper face a bit more.

Back