Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I hit 170 mph ballspeed on the launch monitor today! 💪

Since I can't figure out if i want to buy a new driver.

hard pondering an Epic Speed triple diamond off CPO. $320 seems pretty reasonable for a like new. :unsure:
I bought on the sale a couple weeks ago. Just put the Epic Max LS through a sim round and my spin rates have dropped from 4000 with the F9 to just over 3000 and have increased my ball speed by a few mph. Weather here is finally warming up so I'll get some actual course time with it on Wednesday.

Epic speed 4wd is one of my favorite clubs in the bag for back to back rounds

Epic Max continues to be so good for me. I’m not the longest hitter but it has been the strongest part of my game for a while now. Just wants to go mostly straight.

Received my Epic Speed 3w last week and have a Epic Max 5w to be delivered tomorrow. Shaft in the 3w is exactly what I had in my Mavrik Max 3w, and shaft in the 5w is different, but got UST LIN-Q Purple 7F5 on the way to install in both of them. I had Mavrik Max in both 3w and 5w, but I went a little different direction with the 3w as I don't use it off the deck that often. It's mostly on shorter par 4s, so hoping it works out. I have a feeling it will, but we will see. I will get them out this weekend (not with LIN-Qs installed), so we will see how it goes.

Epic speed 4wd is one of my favorite clubs in the bag for back to back rounds

Interesting the number of posts about the Speed 4W, mine is due tomorrow…

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hit the TD LS very well on a tight tree lined course on Monday. It gives me great confidence. Straight or purposed fall left draws all day. Only trouble was because I didn’t know the line go hit. Can’t think of one drive that wasn’t comfortably +\- on my intended line. Great driver. Pairs beautifully with the ventus black 7s.

I did not try to hit any fades. On a few holes that would have been a good choice. But for whatever reason, I can’t fade the ball. Setting is 9* N S. knowing that I didn’t even try. Will spend some time on the range seeing what might work for that shape.

Received my Epic Speed 3w last week and have a Epic Max 5w to be delivered tomorrow. Shaft in the 3w is exactly what I had in my Mavrik Max 3w, and shaft in the 5w is different, but got UST LIN-Q Purple 7F5 on the way to install in both of them. I had Mavrik Max in both 3w and 5w, but I went a little different direction with the 3w as I don't use it off the deck that often. It's mostly on shorter par 4s, so hoping it works out. I have a feeling it will, but we will see. I will get them out this weekend (not with LIN-Qs installed), so we will see how it goes.

My Epic Speed 3W is coming tomorrow, big sale on CPO. How’s yours working out?

198C7840-E063-4249-A75E-229B7524BA7D.png

My Epic Speed 3W is coming tomorrow, big sale on CPO. How’s yours working out?

View attachment 9085926
I've only gotten to use it one round and it worked well both off the deck and off the tee. I did get them reshafted though since using it. Put UST LIN-Q Purple 7F5 in it and the Max 5w I picked up.

The Epic Speed has overtaken the Rogue ST Max in the driver spot for me. I don't know how to reconcile this.

Hit my new Epic Speed 4W at the range in the week. No suitable tees so ended up hitting it off the deck remarkably well.... Time will tell whether its the club or I was just swinging well (hopefully both!!)

A

Bought a new Epic Speed 7 wood to go along with my Epic Speed 3 wood. Took it to the range yesterday and launched it HIGH, gonna be a fun club for me replacing a 3H that honestly didn’t go much further than my 4H.

When I am not making dumb swings, the Max LS just shines. 2 awesome drives I hit on ropes last night. First was up hill into a bit of wind. 280 total. Second was down hill for 300 on the nose.

Don't ask about my first tee duck hook though. body was frozen, never had a chance :eek:

my average distance continues to improve with the epic speed driver so far. my accuracy is falling off a little but that's partly due to the focus on getting the extra yards...i was trying to get back into the rogue max but this has been working much better for me.

Yesteday I played in some of the windiest conditions with my usual playing partner (he games a Stealth and were usually neck and neck distance wise under normal conditions)...
I teed the ball Lower than usual and was hitting absolute bullets which sliced through the wind with tons of role and his kept getting pushed up into the wind.
I am happy to know know I have that shot in the bag for future rounds.
I was pondering checking out the new rogue or stealth but can now say with confidence the epic speed is safe. For this season at least.....

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Seeing this pop means I need to get my epic speed 4w back in the bag for a bit

So funny story, about two months ago, demo'd a couple drivers from Globalgolf. Epic Max for myself and a Rogue ST MaxD for my wife. Turns out, neither one of like the chosen clubs, so we traded drivers and were having good success. Mother's day was close around the corner, so I picked up an Epic Max off of Callaway CPO as a surprise. Turns out the surprise was my wife cannot seem to hit this driver AT ALL !!! So he says "you play it and see if works this time. I'll wait for our fitting appointments and see what we come up with there."

I am now the proud owner of an Epic Max driver. It's a stock config with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 50 Graphite R flex. Settings are at +2/D. Took a while to get comfortable with it, but yesterday it was just point and shoot. I've been playing a Strata box set driver for a while now and WOW, what an upgrade. Such a killer feeling watching the ball just launch. I've never hit the Strata more the about 250 with roll out. Yesterday saw several 270 -280 drives with one stripe rolling out to 314! The Rogue Max D might provide some better dispersion, but things are looking pretty good at the moment!

The Epic Speed 4w and I are such a good match when I need a bomber fairway wood.

Epic Max has been very good for me lately. Rare for me to find trouble off the tee when it misses it isn’t by much.

Distance is good. Recent fitting shows optimal would be a touch less launch and lower spin. With the season winding down I think I’ll wait to see what is new and either upgrade to the 9° Rogue ST max or the next model coming.

The Epic Speed 4w and I are such a good match when I need a bomber fairway wood.
I think mine should be but for some reason I have not clicked with it. Same shaft as my Mavrik but just can't seem to find the middle of the face very often. Must keep practicing with it and see if I can figure it out.

A

I think mine should be but for some reason I have not clicked with it. Same shaft as my Mavrik but just can't seem to find the middle of the face very often. Must keep practicing with it and see if I can figure it out.

A
I still hit the Epic Speed very well, although my numbers aren't as good as I have with Rogue. I actually went apples to apples Rogue ST Max VS Epic Max and they were almost identical until mis-hits where the rogue bought me +-500 RPMs of spin off the toe and heel. I think after it all the head stability of Rogue ST was the biggest plus of this line.

I still hit the Epic Speed very well, although my numbers aren't as good as I have with Rogue. I actually went apples to apples Rogue ST Max VS Epic Max and they were almost identical until mis-hits where the rogue bought me +-500 RPMs of spin off the toe and heel. I think after it all the head stability of Rogue ST was the biggest plus of this line.

Thanks for your useful thoughts as always. Decided to px the 4w for an Apex 21 Hybrid at CPO who were offering a great price on the Hybrid…

We will see but I blame THP for another equipment swap….

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dusting off an old thread because I put this in play today and it settled my tee game. I was back to hitting a little cut or straight ball off the tee. Putting it in play today was like riding a bike. Callaway drivers just work for me and playing them reminds me of how easy this game can be if I get out of the way.

0FA5638A-9AAD-480F-97ED-F3445109ECD3.jpeg
992DB72B-B0F7-490E-AAE4-DCEF500F15FB.jpeg

Dusting off an old thread because I put this in play today and it settled my tee game. I was back to hitting a little cut or straight ball off the tee. Putting it in play today was like riding a bike. Callaway drivers just work for me and playing them reminds me of how easy this game can be if I get out of the way.

View attachment 9157457
View attachment 9157458
The red and black looks great on that head and the clean crown with no alignment aid is 🔥🔥

View attachment 9157457
View attachment 9157458
Dang that thing looks so good!

Back