Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

My custom design came out so good!

095666358854b1842983ebda12356511.jpg
Beauty, mine is going to be solid black. Kinda wish I at least choose to add some color to the medallion’s but oh well. Plain old solid black works for me

Beauty, mine is going to be solid black. Kinda wish I at least choose to add some color to the medallion’s but oh well. Plain old solid black works for me

I contemplated that blackout for a long time, but I’ve had a paint scheme running three years straight.

Epic Max Customs
EPIC MAX CUSTOMS​
Qty: 1​
  • Club : Driver
  • Hand : Right
  • Loft : 9°
  • Sole Color : Black
  • Crown Color : Clean Crown
  • Medallion Color : Red
  • Medallion Color 2 : Red
  • Medallion Color 3 : Red
  • Medallion Color 4 : Red
  • Shaft Flex : Stiff
  • Length : Standard
  • Shaft Material : Graphite
  • Shaft Type : Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 Graphite
  • Grip : Golf Pride - CP2 Pro Red Cap (50g) (+$6.00)
  • Wraps : Standard
I got this one coming my way soon.

Clean crown!

The shorter 45" is a good length. Why XStiff for the Max? Also 60 and 70 grams seem on the heavy side.

XStiff - that shaft is for my 29 yr old son. He played HS golf and his ball go far like some others here.o_O

The R flex - right now I am using a 68g TPT Red shaft - I didn't even know the specs when my instructor fit me into it. Before the TPT Red, I was hitting 53g shafts.

I probably won't use the Riptide shaft as I will ask my instructor to fit me into a TPT Red shaft. But we will compare. TPT 17 series is about 68g, 3.6 torque, 245 CPM. It's a different type of shaft. Very lively and consistent. I will try the TPT Red that I have in the Ping (the 17 lo) and see if it fits. If not, another.

But really, I have 3 heads coming. I had a lot to trade in at 150%.

Max 9 and 10.5, and Epic Speed 9 - am going to experiment with second driver and may use the 10.5 as the second driver at 43.5 inches. My older son may be the beneficiary of the Max 9. Will be an interesting Spring.

Ventus Black is going in there. Ordered it with the HZRDUS Yellow.

Max LS head with that Ventus Black. I feel sorry for those golf balls. They’re about to get nuked!!

Max LS head with that Ventus Black. I feel sorry for those golf balls. They’re about to get nuked!!

Now let’s just hope it goes straight 😂

My custom design came out so good!

095666358854b1842983ebda12356511.jpg

That look is gorgeous.....I was so looking forward to ordering a new LS but unfortunately not happening this year. Have fun with that beast, I’m sure it will be delivering 💣 💣 💣!

Went in for a fitting today thinking I would get fit into the Epic Max, but ended up getting the best results with the Epic Max LS and the MMT 60 shaft. Both are really great heads, the LS just brought me down closer to the spin numbers the fitter was looking for.

My last fitting a few years back had me in a similar point of chasing lower spin, and that worked well for a while. I look forward to getting it outdoors and seeing how it does out there.

i want my custom max to get here

Went in for a fitting today thinking I would get fit into the Epic Max, but ended up getting the best results with the Epic Max LS and the MMT 60 shaft. Both are really great heads, the LS just brought me down closer to the spin numbers the fitter was looking for.

My last fitting a few years back had me in a similar point of chasing lower spin, and that worked well for a while. I look forward to getting it outdoors and seeing how it does out there.
How did the dispersion and forgiveness compare between the two. Currently have the Mavrik Max but am interested in these two and wh how either would perform compared to the Mavrik Max.

I broke down and got me a new driver:
1614460427376.png

I’ve gotten an Epic Max 3W (replacing my old Rogue SZ 3W) in the bag now, can’t wait to get it out to the course and provide feedback...

How did the dispersion and forgiveness compare between the two. Currently have the Mavrik Max but am interested in these two and wh how either would perform compared to the Mavrik Max.

To be honest, they were pretty comparable for me at least from the few shots I saw from the Max...when the fitter saw my spin numbers, we moved to the LS pretty quickly. I didn’t feel like there was much of a difference between the two other than the LS bringing my spin down 500 RPM or so for the same loft and shaft. Probably need the opinion of a better player to get better feedback on that.

Grabbed the regular Epic Speed and the Epic Speed 3w today from my course's demo clubs. The Epic Speed has a pretty solid sound to it. Way lower than the Epic Flash I have. Had no trouble launching it, but it was really getting up there and felt like was spinning a whole lot for me. Great sound though, that was pleasant.

Fairway.. What in the world kinda sound is that? Contact with about ten balls was 8 center, 2 toe. I really can't put into words how much I don't care for that sound, especially after what the rogue and epic flash sounded like. The flight was nice and had zero trouble hitting this high off the deck, but that sound was not at all pleasant. :(

Could I get used to it? Probably. It's hard to feel super confident though when the sound doesn't really give you much feedback on contact, other than ugh don't want to do that again.

Grace is another Speed user and might pick up the win in Puerto Rico.

might have my custom max in hand this week!

Epic Speed driver incoming. Couldn't stop thinking about the performance in the fitting I had.

Went the custom route. Blue/Orange, which should look pretty great with my custom HZRDUS shaft.

Epic Speed driver incoming. Couldn't stop thinking about the performance in the fitting I had.

Went the custom route. Blue/Orange, which should look pretty great with my custom HZRDUS shaft.

I can't wait to see that thing.

Spent some time in the garage sim tonight with my epic max 5 wood with mmt 70 shaft. I am hitting this really well off the mat and the shaft pairing feels really good. I had it built 1/2 inch short and I am finding the middle with this. I cannot wait to get this out on the course!

customs look so good

FF6CD929-461D-42EE-81FC-4F99FB44469C.jpeg

Agreed. Really wish they’d just start making them this way.

I really wonder if he would actually sell more drivers if they would just make them look better like @McLovin custom MAX. Just looks like it mean business and I’m talking 💣’s!

Back