Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

The original Helium proto 5F4 that I received from Danny 5 years ago is definitely a top contender for my Speed. Something interesting about the Speed to me is that shaft changes seem to really change the feel but maybe I just center it less often with the iM10 and the HZRDUS hulk green shafts. Accra TZ6 also doesn't feel as harsh as the Smoke's when it comes to impact feedback.

HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX showed up today! Time to get the adapter on it and get ready to put it head to head with my Ventus Blue.

Won’t be able to play/compare for a few weeks unfortunately. Though when I finally can commit to golf for the rest of the summer, the Speed will be ready!

Think I'm going to put the Speed head on for Fridays round, if only to throw a wrench in my driver groove. See if anything has changed recently in my swing that might show out with it.

HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX showed up today! Time to get the adapter on it and get ready to put it head to head with my Ventus Blue.

Won’t be able to play/compare for a few weeks unfortunately. Though when I finally can commit to golf for the rest of the summer, the Speed will be ready!
I did this exact head to head (well, shaft to shaft). Interested in your thoughts after trying them both

I have tinkered with different shafts and swingweights on all of my drivers before the Epic Max LS. The 70g Tensei Pro Orange won the battle in the Mavrik and was the obvious starting point for the LS. It is a counter balanced design that I had to add weight to the Mavrik to get the SW up to my preferred D4-D5. I had no weights for the LS so I just plugged in the shaft and tried it at D2. I was blown away by the performance immediately and it has only gotten better as I have got some rounds in with it. I see the weights are available now and I have a Hzrdus Black RDX shaft in the closet but I see no reason to tinker with this setup. If this thing keeps performing at its current level it would be foolish to change anything.

Turned my Epic Max LS from -1/N to N/S to 10.5° with the Ventus Red and had a stellar day Driving. Two shots approached the 300 yard distance. Lately I have been fighting a hook but today I felt in control of my swing. Both woods and irons.

Turned my Epic Max LS from -1/N to N/S to 10.5° with the Ventus Red and had a stellar day Driving. Two shots approached the 300 yard distance. Lately I have been fighting a hook but today I felt in control of my swing. Both woods and irons.
There ya go!!!!!! Pound town!!!!!!!!

There ya go!!!!!! Pound town!!!!!!!!
Haha! I can count the number of 300 yard drives that I have had in the last 50 years on one hand. But since I purchased the Max LS, its over 8 and 5 have come with the Ventus Red shaft.:love: But I still can hook it for 100 yards at any moment:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Haha! I can count the number of 300 yard drives that I have had in the last 50 years on one hand. But since I purchased the Max LS, its over 8 and 5 have come with the Ventus Red shaft.:love: But I still can hook it for 100 yards at any moment:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a great combo. I get excited when I clear 260. :D

Speed head is back on the big boy setup and it's bombs or nothing today. I am excited to hear it again. Sounds so good.

Somebody pass me the Wheaties..

DING DING! WINNER by TKO ......I present Fujikura SPEEDER Evolution 661 tour spec !
Lower torque that protects my toe strikes from shutting down as much or as often

Spoke ENTIRELY too soon........the Speeder evolution 661 is solid but crazy high(for me) launch......I'll try it in a 9* head but for now back to trusty Tensei Blue AV 65R 💙

Piecing together the numbers from the round that mattered today (I only used it twice this afternoon) as best I can. Grint was struggling at the start. So comparing pin locations and approach shots on those couple holes, it looks like on the day

13 out of 13 for 300.5y.

Not bad. Had 1 knuckler, and one weak miss. Still dependable when the rest started to fall apart on me despite losing a piece of lead tape. 332y on the last one of the day to give me a great eagle opportunity, which I blew, but I enjoyed it. Little low spin on a couple, and just doesn't excel at my miss, but love the look, sound, and feel of that thing.

Piecing together the numbers from the round that mattered today (I only used it twice this afternoon) as best I can. Grint was struggling at the start. So comparing pin locations and approach shots on those couple holes, it looks like on the day

13 out of 13 for 300.5y.

Not bad. Had 1 knuckler, and one weak miss. Still dependable when the rest started to fall apart on me despite losing a piece of lead tape. 332y on the last one of the day to give me a great eagle opportunity, which I blew, but I enjoyed it. Little low spin on a couple, and just doesn't excel at my miss, but love the look, sound, and feel of that thing.
Impressive numbers!! I am loving the speed head as well but those numbers are crazy!

13 out of 13 for 300.5y.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Pump the brakes......tsi3 is out , Speed back in? You Killin me smalls! Screenshot_20210604-195120_Chrome.jpg

13 out of 13 for 300.5y.

I've been playing a Callaway Solaire box set driver ever since I started playing, which has been about 2 years now. My normal drive is 140-150 including roll out. Usually a high ball launch and sometimes just drops out of mid air like it hit a wall. I lose a lot of distance because of it and add a slow swing speed, just doesn't get me very far. But, today was a game changer for me. I took my new and beautiful Epic Max to the range. I was CARRYING about 140-150 with a ton of roll out! I set it at 11° and have the Aldila NV ladies shaft. I can't wait to play a round with my normal balls (E12 Contacts) and see what happens.
sOCdLUsE-115516273.jpeg

Had a good day with the driver at 12 FIR, Speed is just easy to hit, and gives me a nice ball flight.

I have been playing mavrik max for a while now with a Evenflow riptide shaft.
Last week i had the opportunity to test the Epic max in 10.5 and a Max LS 9 degrees.
Must say that the Max was pretty high and the LS pretty low. But wow, the LS was long while the Max was much easier to hit.
So next time i gonna test the LS in 10.5 and the Max in 9 degrees.

Max LS and Ventus Blue is the best combo for me. Std speed listed. Again, love the sound and the look of the std, but the output from Max LS is just better for my swing.

Have a Cally credit and thinking the LS may need another shot at my bag.

After a very productive practice session where I really worked on my alignment and grip, I had quite a good driving day yesterday with the Max LS (two straight tops excluded haha)
on 5 drivers hit, averaged 275, with a max of 293. Importantly to me as well, all my drivers were fading, as I am really trying to commit to the fade off the tee this season. No foul balls either!

The sound with this driver is very much improved over the GBB Epic as well.

So, who do I have to beg for one of the triple Diamond fairways :oops:

Back