Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

The Epic speed is continuing to impress (except when I put a horrible swing). This was one of my better drives my last round Screenshot_20210620-151338.jpg

Gonna pick up a customs Max LS.

Anyone have thoughts on the PX Riptide Vs. the Rogue white shafts? They seem like the best no upcharge options....

Gonna pick up a customs Max LS.

Anyone have thoughts on the PX Riptide Vs. the Rogue white shafts? They seem like the best no upcharge options....

I am a big fan of the Riptide in that head.

I am a big fan of the Riptide in that head.
I second this... for I have the Riptide in my MAX LS.
It works great together

Custom LS ordered....

1624295420082.png

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the Speed driver with Accra TZ6...hit a couple crappy ones but balanced it out with a few fun bombs. Also got on in 2 from around 235 into the wind on a par 5 with the Speed 4wd.

I am really curious to hear what you think of the Riptide 60X. That should be interesting.
Me too…. Going at it blind. As I tend to… lol.

Was tempted to get the 70g in stiff. I have some other shafts here at home ready to go in the Cally.

Was tempted to get the 70g in stiff.

Yeah... no. You'll be glad you didn't do that. Lol

Going in blind is always fun! You like softer profiles a bit, so it should be fun.

Yeah... no. You'll be glad you didn't do that. Lol

Going in blind is always fun! You like softer profiles a bit, so it should be fun.

This is true. I was going to get another Ventus Blue 6X but the up charge is the full retail. I also have a black 7S I plan to tip for it.

Up and down round with the speed driver tonight. The good shots were very good but the loose swings were ugly

Think I said something in the shoot today thread, but have really found a groove using my Speed setup (9*, RDX black 60 6.5 45.5" w/ extra weight in the head) for a more specific purpose instead of all around. Sharing the bag with the TSi3 has really let it shine for me. Was a true weapon yesterday and put me in some ideal positions that were not easy to get to. There isn't a course I've found where I need a FW when I have this kind of driver control so I'm going to stick with both for the foreseeable future in important rounds. Ordered an uncut shaft too, to build up a ponder to try in the ones that aren't.

The 15° 3w has been remarkably reliable for me recently. Really good pop off the deck allowing me to get aggressive on par 5.

I have a few nine hole rounds with the HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX in my Speed and I've had mixed results. But in those mixed results are some of the biggest drives I've ever seen. Like "Phil bombs". There was a slight tail wind the day that it happened but not enough to get it going as far as it did. I think I may be unlocking something here. And now that I'm able to get out regularly, I'm going to try to get this combo going!

Played nine after work. Ive had the Max LS (10.5) set at S/D. I got the Ventus Blue 5S and this driver has been really good. At first even in the draw setting I was hitting straight, soft draws or fades. Recently I've been on occasion turning it over a little too much, still playable but catching the first cut when that happens. Put it at S/N tonight and I have never hit it better. I still have the weight halfway between center and the heel. Put myself in great position off the tee and the Apex 21 irons were great. Shot a 39 which for me is good right now although I I think with the Max LS and the Apex 21 irons I can start doing that more often than not. Love this driver. 13 right now and determined to get to single digits.

The Speed 4wood is a beast. I've never hit a fairway wood so well with such confidence and with such results. High or low. Draw or fade. Usually 240-245 carry club but when I need to, like I did yesterday, i can pump a hard one out to 260+. Its an amazing head. I've got it mated to the new LINQ M40X Blue shaft and its the perfect combo for me.

Went 6/7 FIR tonight at league with the Speed. Ventus Blue 5R is great in the head. Nice easy tempo swings gave me great results

Max LS is an absolute bomber! My last 2 rounds driving average is 283! Longest drive is 304 and today was 297. Since fixing my swing, I’m hitting low penetrating drives. It’s pretty awesome! Love, love, love this driver!

Went 6/7 FIR tonight at league with the Speed. Ventus Blue 5R is great in the head. Nice easy tempo swings gave me great results

7/8 with Speed/Tensei Blue 65R AV ; 5wd and hybrid also hitting fwy.....those are epic flash heads so audible isn't as sweet sound/feel as Speed ...... only got 13 in before rain came tumbling down.....but as my boy @Snickerdog stated , a smooth tempo produces great results......I'm finding however a solid ,hard swing every once in awhile produces BIG results! Lol

Has anyone with Speed driver compared 10.5 v 9* in regards to launch , spin and distance? No changes to opti-fit hosel ......I'm lefty and 9* is next to impossible to find/hit

After driving the ball very well with the Max LS for the last several rounds I had a poor driving day. I hit pull hooks that cost me a lost ball and penalty stroke on three holes today. I have had very few pulls during this stretch of good play but a golf club can only do so much to negate a miss. I did hit bombs on 17 and 18 so it was nice to leave on a good note.

Back