Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
“Driver DNA in a Hybrid”

That’s quite the bold claim, but then again, Callaway has never shied away from the bold. If anything, they run headlong into the fray seeking to be the bold. 

Two years ago, they did that with the introduction of the Super Hybrid. In 2021, they’re bringing it back, and this time they are throwing everything at it. 

2021-Callaway-Epic-Super-Hybrid-1.jpg

2021 Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

The original Super Hybrid was the prime example of, in my opinion, Callaway when they are at their best. A fall release which isn’t attached to any major line and instead can be aimed at a specific segment of golfers, a niche if you will. For the Super Hybrid, it was for better players who wanted a fairway wood replacement...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
In my head I always assumed the Super Hybrid was geared towards the high handicapper. I was obviously wrong. That price tag is a bit jarring, but there definitely is a lot of tech in there.

I think it's very interesting. For 400 bucks though that seems like a lot for (what I assume) will be one of the less hit clubs in the bag. I could be sold on it, but as it is I think a more traditional hybrid would be the best one for my bag.

I seen this last night as I was randomly looking and posted the pic in a thread. Didn’t know the release/review was today. 😀

I seem to read posts or articles about many higher speed players not liking fairways but wanting to play hybrids that don't go left -- Here you go!

Nice one James! I've never actually seen one in Europe, hopefully this time around they will be available.

wow really like the look of this one. The previous super hybrid was awesome and alot of fun to hit. Not sure I would have a use for this with how much I like my mini driver but if I ever replace it the 2h is calling my name

And at $399 this might be the first time I would say it seems a bit much for a club. no doubt the tech is there tho so maybe I could be persuaded

I wish I could hit a hybrid...but even if I could, as much as I love Callaway, I would not pay $400 for a hybrid. I think that price tag is too steep.

Price is a very obvious talking point here, and being almost as much as some drivers is going to turn a lot of people off I would guess?

Having 2 different designs depending on the loft is interesting so it will be interesting to see in-hand pictures of equivalent lofted fairway woods and other hybrids to compare the footprint of them
I have never got along with hybrids, not so much the left bias, but more around the spin numbers so I have never put one in my bag and is why I have a utility 2i instead

Can’t wait to see photos of this in the wild. Hope to try out, any idea of this is what was talked about in the Off Course podcast last week?

Great write up!

Very interesting option for the bag.
Price seems high, but if it delivers….why not.

Lots of tech here and I’m liking how Callaway is continuing to push the limits of each line.

I seen this last night as I was randomly looking and posted the pic in a thread. Didn’t know the release/review was today. 😀
We always cover the releases, and honor embargo, unlike other places. :LOL:;)

Lot of interesting things with this guy, most of all the price. 😳

The SuperHybrid was the only club that carried over in my bag from last year. It’s so good.
i cannot wait to see this one and give it a few swings.
Interesting choice with the steel fiber being stock shaft.

Tech and extended lofts sound awesome. Like the steelfiber shaft offering. At that list price it better have some magic in it. Great write up and great job of Callaway pushing this kind of tech out in a hybrid.

We always cover the releases, and honor embargo, unlike other places. :LOL:;)

i seen it around 2am. That picture was a screen shot of the Callaway Website. I didn’t know it was coming out. 😂

So is this callaways competitor to TM’s mini driver? They kind of feel the same with different branding. Super hybrid or mini driver…lol

Does only go down to 16 degrees tho so maybe not, but interesting comparison for me.

So is this callaways competitor to TM’s mini driver? They kind of feel the same with different branding. Super hybrid or mini driver…lol
Oh no. They are drastically different clubs.

I have the 17 and 20 degree Super Hybrid in my bag and while they do what I need from them they do not get a lot of use. There was a time that I struggled badly with driver but the Epic Max LS has been so good that I rarely use the 17* from the tee box. The Apex DCB 4 iron has taken a lot of work away from the 20* on the tee and fairway. After two years I still do not want a fairway wood but at 4 bills each I will stay with the originals.

Back