I'll dive in to the details later but I just hit a shot with the Super Hybrid that firmly planted it in my bag and the overall performance today has maybe moved in to my top three favorite clubs of all time.

I’m wondering whether the 19 UW can replace a 5W (or a 3H) and the Epic SH 18 turned down to 17* can replace a 3W.

So here's the setting. We're on the par 3 17th hole which today was playing 234 with a strong left to right wind. Here is a screenshot of roughly where the pin was at:

7054C7A4-8C06-4249-8B1C-CBEFE4121407.jpeg

I was in between my Apex 3 hybrid and my 17* Super Hybrid so I decided to choke down on my SH. My target was the middle of the green and I figured the wind would bring it back toward the hole.

I put a good swing on it and it started right toward the middle of the green. I thought it would fade just as I planned but this ball was on a rope and had just the slightest movement to the right. It was such a beautiful flight in that wind.

Here's what impressed me though. The greens were not very receptive today but I couldn't believe how well it stopped. Here is a picture of the result, the red dot on the right is where you can see the ball mark and you can see the result on the left.

887885EB-79F5-4CC6-AFA2-D1595CD85900.jpeg

I was super impressed with this shot and it made me fall fully in love with it.

Overall I had several great experiences with it today. Shots like the 250 yard drive (slightly wind aided), another wind aided 255 yard drive and a 240 yard shot off the fairway. Each one of those shots was laser straight too. Now that I've adjusted the loft down this doesn't want to fade or draw, it just wants to go dead straight and launches very easy for me.

Normally with a hybrid I have no problem finding something to nitpick. I usually find them either too draw biased or too fade biased or maybe the sound/feel isn't to my liking. I can't really find anything I dislike about this. The feel is so full and solid and keeps me craving to hit it over and over.

I have to give a huge thanks to THP because this has been one of the best pieces of equipment I've had the chance to test.

Update: I changed the shaft from the Steelfiber to a GD Tour AD IZ hybrid. I have the IZ in my 3 wood and steelfibers in my irons. Immediately improved what was pretty good results with the Superhybrid (more consistent strike pattern). Really enjoying this club.

Has anyone tried their Super Hybrid out of the rough? I was thinking about it and I've only tried it once or twice and it has me wondering about performance in that lie compared to a regular hybrid.
It is somewhat between a fairway wood and a hybrid for me in the rough. I have definitely hit it in good lies I wouldn't dream of with my 3wood. But I still am usually better going with a 5h or 6-7 iron and just moving the ball forward to a fairway lie.

After a short demo with it I’m intrigued by the idea of this in the fairway spot and as an option off the tee.

It might not be the best for me at stopping quickly and holding but I could see some good from being able to hit a ball far.

Reactions: KEV
I was thinking about my shots with this last weekend and another shot stands out to me. It was on a par 5 and I just needed to advance the ball up near the green. I was in the first cut of rough on the left side of the fairway and had a some big tree branches that I had to hit under about 20-30 yards ahead of me so I had to flight it down.

I was able to make really solid contact and it came out perfectly, easily staying under the overhanging branches. The ball went dead straight (I was hoping for a little draw) but it left me in a great spot after traveling about 235 yards. It was so good to see that I can flight it down from that lie.

Only had one shot with this yesterday and it was a beauty. Off the deck into a strong head wind, hit beautiful high baby fade that landed soft on the green. Probably lucky to hit it so high to keep distance down but I can't control flight so I'll take the luck.

Editing to add a few more words. The Super Hybrid continues to amaze, and the level of confidence I have with it is absurd. Granted I was swing pretty well in total, but normally when I step up to a shot that distance I'm not feeling confident at all. I stepped up, maybe not expecting to drop it on the green, but fully expecting the shot to be solid and it was. I've seen threads about what club isn't leaving your bag, and this one is 100% it for me. I know technology advances, and I'm not perfect with it, but it's as close to the perfect club I've ever put in my bag.
Screenshot_20211019-074947_Shot Scope.jpg

Last edited:
Hit my 19.0 for the first time in a long time today to get back into the swing of things and help with more feedback, which I’ll def have, but….

Holy hell this is long. My Tec is long, but this is LONG. I forgot how lethal it is from tee and turf.

Par 5 after a pretty good drive left with 230 to the flag. Aimed right of the pin and pushed it a touch, ended up pin high just to the right of the green. Boom. And out of the rough this time. Flash face is real.

Dear Callaway,

I am writing this note to tell you something you probably already know; this club is f*cking unreal. I'm unbelievably addicted to it and crave to hit it again and again. I don't know what kind of freaky metallurgy or what exotic pixie dust you used for this but I want to thank you for creating such a freakish club.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Part of me wonders if having two 3 hybrids would work, going super hybrid then apex pro hybrid. No doubt this is longer than the pro, I wonder what the gap would be

I kind of want another Super Hybrid to replace my original Apex 3 hybrid. I'm not sure what loft I would need to get to accomplish that gap but I might have to look in to it.

I kind of want another Super Hybrid to replace my original Apex 3 hybrid. I'm not sure what loft I would need to get to accomplish that gap but I might have to look in to it.

What sort of gap do you see between you 3 super hybrid and your old apex 3h? I still have that in the bag and am considering this at 18°

What sort of gap do you see between you 3 super hybrid and your old apex 3h? I still have that in the bag and am considering this at 18°
My Apex 3 hybrid is about 220 yards. The 18* Super Hybrid (playing at 17*) is 240-245ish. Off the tee tonight I was seeing up to 260 yards though.

One of my favorite shots from tonight was my approach on a par 5. I was in the right rough behind some trees, about 243 yards outand my only option to get it close to the green was to hit a huge swooping slice. I was able to get really solid contact and amazingly pulled it off. I ended up just off the green to the right and maybe, just short of hole high. This was the shot:

1F181970-7500-4454-A9AA-9A5C25675CB5.jpeg

Outside of this shot I was absolutely striping it off the tee. I was seeing between 245-260 yards between the three tee shots with it and all three had a perfect little draw. I also hit another shot from the fairway that I'm guessing went 240 yards again with a perfect draw. One of the guys in the group thought I was crazy going for it because there was a small pond I had to clear at about 220 yards and he couldn't believe how much I cleared it by.

My Apex 3 hybrid is about 220 yards. The 18* Super Hybrid (playing at 17*) is 240-245ish. Off the tee tonight I was seeing up to 260 yards though.

Two “3” hybrids would totally work with that kind of gap.

That’s it…This thread has put me over the edge. Gonna try the 16 as my 3w replacement.:eek:

That’s it…This thread has put me over the edge. Gonna try the 16 as my 3w replacement.:eek:
Based on what I'm seeing from my 18* bumped down to 17* I really think the 16* could fill that gap. These things are such beasts.

Mine came today. Couldn’t be more excited.

Actually have some simulator time scheduled for Thursday as I was going to work on gapping with my Hybrid to Iron transition but this will def be getting some time.

Been laying off for a couple of weeks due to life, but getting two rounds in this week and expect to hit this club a bunch. Love seeing all the good results in here.

I'm almost wondering if I should've gone with the steel fiber. I have a terrible track record with them, but seems to be playing pretty well for everyone else. Also, just realized that they make these up to a 6H for righties!?!? So many options.

Been laying off for a couple of weeks due to life, but getting two rounds in this week and expect to hit this club a bunch. Love seeing all the good results in here.

I'm almost wondering if I should've gone with the steel fiber. I have a terrible track record with them, but seems to be playing pretty well for everyone else. Also, just realized that they make these up to a 6H for righties!?!? So many options.
I was skeptical of the Steelfiber at first and it's still not my favorite shaft but it's really working well. I had planned on playing around with different shaft setups but it's performing so well right now I'm not going to touch a thing.

I was skeptical of the Steelfiber at first and it's still not my favorite shaft but it's really working well. I had planned on playing around with different shaft setups but it's performing so well right now I'm not going to touch a thing.

And now I need to try one. :LOL:

• Haha
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've been completely blown away.

Back