Callaway FT Optiforce Driver Review - Forum Testing

This one never really worked for me, it is just too high spin for my terrible swing. I recently went back to my old driver and am back to hitting fairways again.

I am absolutely hammering this driver. Another 11 of 13 fairways on a tight course. So much control but at the same time so much power.

I really really really hope Callaway has not put away the specs to this driver. Best driver I've used to date. I would love to see Callaway improve on this driver....however it's almost perfect as is.

I am absolutely hammering this driver. Another 11 of 13 fairways on a tight course. So much control but at the same time so much power.

I really really really hope Callaway has not put away the specs to this driver. Best driver I've used to date. I would love to see Callaway improve on this driver....however it's almost perfect as is.

When I started to find my swing again this club jumped right up to the top of my favorite clubs ever. It's going to have a battle on its hands once I get my BB though. Remind me, are you still playing the stock shaft?

When I started to find my swing again this club jumped right up to the top of my favorite clubs ever. It's going to have a battle on its hands once I get my BB though. Remind me, are you still playing the stock shaft?

I put a Tour AD MT 7S in it, little heavier shaft and it is working.

Are you hitting the 440 or the 460?

You were hitting it well when we played back in Feb.

I agree with you Nate. It's hard to believe I have resisted buying a new driver this year.

But I just couldn't see any improvement over the OptiForce.

I love my Optifirce, best driver I have had in a very long time
I agree with you Nate. It's hard to believe I have resisted buying a new driver this year.

But I just couldn't see any improvement over the OptiForce.

I love my Optifirce, best driver I have had in a very long time

It really is, I enjoyed the 460 a ton that I played for a while.

I loved the optiforce and the distance I was hitting was the longest I have ever hit a driver before. But I just couldn't shake the fact that I was always left or right with it. Ended up going back to my R1 with a new shaft. Not quite the distance but much tighter dispersion. I haven't done any research buying it feels like my R1 is heavier and I swing slower and more controlled. I still have it and I don't think this is the end.

I loved the optiforce and the distance I was hitting was the longest I have ever hit a driver before. But I just couldn't shake the fact that I was always left or right with it. Ended up going back to my R1 with a new shaft. Not quite the distance but much tighter dispersion. I haven't done any research buying it feels like my R1 is heavier and I swing slower and more controlled. I still have it and I don't think this is the end.

Straightest driver I've hit personally. Usually I'll have a driver that is straighter but the distance isn't quite there. Or will have the distance but the accuracy isn't there. This has been the perfect combination for me.

I'm so glad to see this driver still getting love. I picked one up today used from Golfsmith for a really good price. I got the 440 and I cannot wait to get out with it tomorrow. I'm excited about two things: this driver still has a solid following a year later and the BB V series appears to be an evolution of the Optiforce line.

You'll like a lot I'm sure.

You were right! I hit some great shots with it today. I worked it a little in both directions and it the ball flight looks really good. I have the PXV 6.0 in mine and it feels really good. Crisp and clean through contact.

Been wanting to try this driver for awhile now. Was really looking for the 460 one but I found a deal on the 440. Looking forward to trying it out, might look for a 460 head as well to see what the main difference is.

Picked up a Optiforce 440 with the Diamana S+ shaft. Took it too the range tonight and I have to say, I'm very impressed. I'm looking forward to getting it on the course and seeing how I do with it.

So far I really like the smaller sized head compared to my Ping G20. Having gamed the G20 for a couple years now I had forgotten how much I like using a smaller headed driver. The other thing that I really like is being able to set the face open by using a -1* setting.

I will have more to say after I get a couple rounds with it.

Picked up a Optiforce 440 with the Diamana S+ shaft. Took it too the range tonight and I have to say, I'm very impressed. I'm looking forward to getting it on the course and seeing how I do with it.

So far I really like the smaller sized head compared to my Ping G20. Having gamed the G20 for a couple years now I had forgotten how much I like using a smaller headed driver. The other thing that I really like is being able to set the face open by using a -1* setting.

I will have more to say after I get a couple rounds with it.
The way you hit your ping, if this is better that is bad news for anyone you play against. Can't wait to hear how you end up liking it.

For those of you that have tried both the 440 and 460.

Was the distance between the 2 about the same?
Was the 460 actually more forgiving?

Which one did you like better and why?

Thanks.

I'm having cravings for this driver again. I hit beags so well last year.

I need to go check my back up bag, see what I have to offer up in trade.

Well my first round with the 440 was not a success, but that was mainly because I was swinging pretty poorly. I had my snap hook (my major miss with my driver) for the better part of the day. I hit the driver 9 times yesterday and snap hooked 5 of them.

I was very bummed as Friday night I had been swinging it very well at the range, but that's golf I guess. For now it's going to stay in my bag, I need to get more rounds of golf in with it.

So I took a shaft to golf galaxy and had them put on an adapter I purchased from ebay. They told me today that the ferrule and adapter don't "connect". Should I be concerned about any performance issues with some of the shaft visible between the adapter and ferrule? Will that have any impact of adjuments?

I have been offered an Optiforce 460 9.5 in trade for my Taylor Made Jetspeed. Having never hit the Cally, I'm not sure. Both are 46" and have very light shafts. Although the Jetspeed is long, its tough to rein in.Would I be just trading for the same thing or is the Cally setup making it worth a shot?

Back