Callaway FT Optiforce Driver Review - Forum Testing

Owning the OptiForce and having hit the JetSpeed.

Id say log off the internet and pick up your phone and make that call before they change their mind.

OptiForce is miles better and it's not even that close. Ha

Owning the OptiForce and having hit the JetSpeed.

Id say log off the internet and pick up your phone and make that call before they change their mind.

OptiForce is miles better and it's not even that close. Ha

I couldn't agree more!

Thanks guys, I got it! All the feedback and information in this thread helped.

Picked up a demo 460 Optiforce for $80 at PGA Superstore this evening. Hopefully will get out on the range at some point tomorrow and hit it for the first time.

Picked up a demo 460 Optiforce for $80 at PGA Superstore this evening. Hopefully will get out on the range at some point tomorrow and hit it for the first time.

I hope it's a fairway finder for ya partner! :golf2: Heck for $80.00 bucks you can't go wrong.

Callaway FT Optiforce Driver Review - Forum Testing

It is a great club. However your CPFH ( cost per fairway hit) will be a lot less than mine :(

Last edited:
Took the Optiforce to the range for an hour this evening and then out for a quick nine holes. Had very good results. I left my GPS at home but seemed like I was driving the ball to the distances I normally do with the SLDR. Hit 4/7 fairways. Several very good one's. I tuned the driver up to 11.5 ° and left the face standard. The Project X 5.5 shaft seems to by fine for me. It does seem to be more forgiving than the SLDR. Going to game it for a couple of weeks to see for sure.

If Bertha V-line is anything like this then I'm interested.

It is a great club. However your CPFH ( cost per fairway hit) will be a lot less than mine :(
What you gotta do is just play more to make that ratio better :D

This thing makes an amazing sound when I find the middle of the face.

I just got the Cally Optiforce driver and the shaft was broken during transit. Can the adapter be removed? How is it done? What is the tip size of a new shaft needed? Please advise.Thanks.

Mike

Is the adapter for the 440 and 460 the same?

Still enamored with this driver, gotta find a way to own one.

The Optiforce has kicked the SLDR out of my bag. Hit it better and more consistent, though I do still battle an occasional 2 way miss. Just put a B Asha in the Optiforce today and now its no contest. On the range just now and was carrying 220-225 with roll out to 240-245 with range balls consistently. This was with a range that slopes slightly uphill through its length and I should get about 5 yards more when hitting my game ball.

That's great results Barry. I'm loving mine still as well.

I hope it doesn't let me down in Florida later this month.

Lookie what's still in the bag! And yes the ball found the fairway :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409963780227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409963780227.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0

I'd have two broken ankles if I made that swing! :alien:

Great seeing you pop in buddy! Do it more often and let's find a way to meet in Branson soon! :act-up:

JM

After wanting one for a year I finally got my first round in with it in the back. Just a great driver for me. I get a nice high ball flight, and hit quite a few fairways. I didn't gain the distance I expected, but I don't think I lost anything either.

Didn't play particularly great this weekend, but still found a bunch of fairways with the 440. Finding that happy medium between laying off and trying too hard brought some good distance back. Still a huge fan of this one.

Has anyone compared the 5.0 vs 5.5 shaft. Normally, 5.0 is a regular flex and 5.5 is in between regular and stiff. However, Callaway lists the 5.0 as senior flex and 5.5 as regular flex.

Has anyone compared the 5.0 vs 5.5 shaft. Normally, 5.0 is a regular flex and 5.5 is in between regular and stiff. However, Callaway lists the 5.0 as senior flex and 5.5 as regular flex.

I haven't hit either, but the 6.0 is not as stout as a typical PX 6.0 in my opinion.

This thing makes an amazing sound when I find the middle of the face.

If I recall from our round, it sounded like my old Titleist 975. I thought you were playing a new Titleist because of that. I wish I knew this was the club you were playing, I would have asked to test drive it.

Back