Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

Well I've pretty much decided on what shafts I will be playing in the MC depending on what is offered of course. I really do love the PX 6.0's but I really would like to go to a lighter shaft on my irons in the future and based off the custom options currently on the Callaway website, I will be going with the Nippon NS Pro 990. I have loved the 950's in the past so I think the 990's in stiff will be just what the doctor ordered.

correct fellow staffer....just want to be sure I'm getting the right set up for me

Good to hear I'm not alone in this hahaha.

Have fun with the decisions guys. From personal experience the Jaws CC wedges are great. I love the appearance of the Slate.

Alex

After hitting the Razr XF's again yesterday at Golf Galaxy, I am thinking they just aren't for me......not that I hit them bad...just that every swing was a MOON SHOT!

Really looking at the Razr X Blacks now!

Have fun with the decisions guys. From personal experience the Jaws CC wedges are great. I love the appearance of the Slate.

Alex

I'm with you man. If I HAD to chose right now, that is what I would go with. I love the look of those. They have amazing feel too!

After hitting the Razr XF's again yesterday at Golf Galaxy, I am thinking they just aren't for me......not that I hit them bad...just that every swing was a MOON SHOT!

Really looking at the Razr X Blacks now!

Both of these are high on my list right now

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Really cant wait to see these Black irons in person. Hit the Razr X Forged yesterday and I just love them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

What do you think about them ken? I love them haha

I'm pretty interested to hit those rx blacks. I liked the rx and want to see what these have to offer.

Haha. I'm just a little confused by where the Blacks fit into the lineup

Well looking at the ads they have in the magazines they seem to have them in order from the players iron to the super game improvement irons. They have the x black in between the razr x and razr x tour, so I imagine it fits right between those two.

I think they have a similar offset as the Razr X

My bags are packed and i'm ready to go, July cant come quick enough :D

396190_3192022448964_1517975518_3033433_888797625_n.jpg

I think they have a similar offset as the Razr X

That is the one thing I am curious about is the offset. Some things I have read make it sound like it is closer to the RAZR X Tour but with more offset. My miss is usually a strong draw on my long irons, so too much offset might not help that. I am still leaning toward the RAZR X Forged, I just love the looks and it sounds like they feel and perform great. I might get the chance to hit them on Wednesday and I'm really excited about it. I might even make a trip to the Chicago Fitting Studio later this month to get fitted for a set, that way once we order our clubs I am ready to go! I e-mailed them a few weeks ago asking them to let me know when they get the new line-up in, and they e-mailed me last week and said they were expecting them this week. I'm really anxious to go hit everything and get fit because I have never been fit for clubs before, and I want to see what the Fit driver can really do with some different shafts on it!

I am too, it seems like an extra iron in the lineup. Chunky, I need to hear more about the Razr X forged irons, I think those heads paired with some Nippon shafts will be killer.

Now that Callaway travel bag is sweet, but dhjkelly, those shorts are a little too short for my taste. When you come to Florida, all shorts must reach to at least the top of your knee caps ok.

Only if they have legs like mine lol

Do all Irish guys wear shorts that short?

I'll do my best but i cant promise anything. If Callaway don't supply shorts i'll just have to bring my own :D

I am too, it seems like an extra iron in the lineup. Chunky, I need to hear more about the Razr X forged irons, I think those heads paired with some Nippon shafts will be killer.

Now that Callaway travel bag is sweet, but dhjkelly, those shorts are a little too short for my taste. When you come to Florida, all shorts must reach to at least the top of your knee caps ok.

The sun will be strong in late july, those thighs are gonna get a nasty sunburn wearing those things!

I really hope someone goes with the RXF irons. I almost regret not going with those daily. Kelly, I don't mind if you wear your shorts a little shorter :)

My bags are packed and i'm ready to go, July cant come quick enough :D

396190_3192022448964_1517975518_3033433_888797625_n.jpg

Based on this photo you better hope callaway provides shorts. If not I will start a petition...hehe

I really hope someone goes with the RXF irons. I almost regret not going with those daily. Kelly, I don't mind if you wear your shorts a little shorter :)
If offered the RXF's will be in my bag my mountain.

From what I can tell they are a GI iron...that leans slightly closer to SGI

Take a look at the specs of the Razr X compared to the Razr X Black...........notice the difference in bounce???

[h=3]RAZR X Irons (Graphite Shafts)[/h]
319°60.5°RH / LH39D0
422°61°RH / LH38.5D0
525°61.5°3.5°RH / LH38D0
628°62°RH / LH37.5D0
732°62.5°RH / LH37D0
836°63°RH / LH36.5D0
940°64°RH / LH36D0
PW44°65°RH / LH35.5D1
AW49°65°10.5°RH / LH35.5D1
SW54°65°13.5°RH / LH35.25D3
LW59°65°11°RH Only35D3

NameLoftLieBounceAvailable InLengthSwing Weight

[h=3]RAZR X Black Irons (Graphite Shafts)[/h]
319°60.5°0.5°RH Only39D0
422°61°RH / LH38.5D0
525°61.5°1.5°RH / LH38D0
628°62°RH / LH37.5D0
731°62.5°2.5°RH / LH37D0
835°63°RH / LH36.5D0
939°64°RH / LH36D0
PW44°65°RH / LH35.5D1
AW49°65°RH / LH35.5D1
SW54°65°11°RH / LH35.25D3
LW59°65°RH Only35D3

Now look at the Razr XL...the newest SGI iron, pretty much the same bounce specs as the Razr X....or at least closer in the Razr x anyway....So what do you guys that know much more about club design think this means??

[h=3]RAZR X HL Irons (Graphite Shafts)[/h]
422°61°2.5°RH / LH38.5D0
525°61.5°RH / LH38D0
628°62°4.5°RH / LH37.5D0
732°62.5°RH / LH37D0
836°63°7.5°RH / LH36.5D0
940°64°RH / LH36D0
PW44°65°11°RH / LH35.5D1
AW49°65°12°RH / LH35.5D1
SW54°65°17°RH / LH35.25D3

Nice info TBT. I didn't know any of that.

Nice info TBT. I didn't know any of that.

Yeah, now if I just knew what it meant.....LOL

The only thing I can think of is that with less bounce that means the blacks will be diggers in softer turf.....at least in theroy they should.

Back