Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

are those the grips CG had on his stuff for the last MC?
Yep and I dug them. After work today I am going to buy a couple at my supplier and put them on my current wedges cause they need a grip change anyway. They feel really tacky to me, and in the midsize and in white they will be sweet, plus I think they will look great on the black nickel wedges.

I've changed to a new grip for these wedges and I'm hoping I like it. I've been pondering this grip for a while now, and I thought that I would give it a shot on the wedges and see how I like it. Golfpride Tour Wrap 2G will now be on my wedges, and we will see how they stack up against my beloved VDR's.

I asked for the Lamkin Crossline Standard black instead of the M58 grip hopefully it works out

I'm pondering that grip CB. I figure if I don't like it, I have the THP Pure grips to regrip

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I say go for it buddy, plus by the time the MC rolls around I will have put so much time in with these wedges they will need a grip change anyway.

Sounds like most of us already got our orders in today, can't wait to see everyone's choices. Both finishes look great, and normally I'd probably go with the dark chrome but I decided to switch it up a little and went with copper. I am very excited to see them in person.

I saw everyone jumped and put their wedge orders in for the most part. I think I am holding off till I can hit the new forged wedge. I also am not sure what lofts and or grinds I want to go with yet. I may be the last one to send this order in....

I saw everyone jumped and put their wedge orders in for the most part. I think I am holding off till I can hit the new forged wedge. I also am not sure what lofts and or grinds I want to go with yet. I may be the last one to send this order in....

Hopefully they don't wait for all the orders to begin building and shipping.

Sent from my forged iPad

I think they all have a C grind on them I am not sure if we have any grind options. Might want to double check with GG

That would stink and make a certain someone eligible for a blanket party

Sent from my forged iPad

ooh. Good point. I may have to pick sooner than expected to avoid threats on my life.....I didn't think of that.

That would stink and make a certain someone eligible for a blanket party

Threat heard loud and clear. I will get on this then.

And the Tour Rep came to them and said 'you shall have a staff bag...and it shall be awesome'
http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/e...staff-bag.html

The Tour Rep also said 'the bag needs to be filled with gifts from the golf gods....please choose wisely for these wedges shall stab at the heart of your opponent'

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/e...bs/wedges.html

That bag is freaking awesome!

Yep and I dug them. After work today I am going to buy a couple at my supplier and put them on my current wedges cause they need a grip change anyway. They feel really tacky to me, and in the midsize and in white they will be sweet, plus I think they will look great on the black nickel wedges.

Is it sad that I didn't remember what grips CG had, and had to google them? I spent enough time around the guy at the last MC, you would think that I would have remembered them.

Anyways, I'm really happy for the Callaway guys to get their staff bag and wedges soon! I'm looking forward to lots of unboxing videos and first thoughts on the performances of the wedges.

I believe Hanks was waiting til the wedges were released so he could hit them and see them in person before he decided. Take your time ghsace, make sure you get what you want to play and don't rush your decision just to please others.

I believe Hanks was waiting til the wedges were released so he could hit them and see them in person before he decided. Take your time ghsace, make sure you get what you want to play and don't rush your decision just to please others.

Thanks man. I think I know what I want to go with, I'm just not positive on the set makeup or lofts.

I don't have a problem with someone waiting. I just know from past experience that they didn't begin processing stuff until all orders were in. It could be different this time around. I mean, aren't all the wedges the same besides the finishes?

Sent from my forged iPad

Threat heard loud and clear. I will get on this then.

Haha I was kidding dude. Take your time. I wouldn't care if I didn't get everything until the MC

I don't have a problem with someone waiting. I just know from past experience that they didn't begin processing stuff until all orders were in. It could be different this time around. I mean, aren't all the wedges the same besides the finishes?

Sent from my forged iPad

No, Callaway staffers have choices between 2 lines, one of which is not out yet.

Sent from my forged iPad

I really like the looks of the x jaws slate wedges. That is what is taking me so long to pull the trigger. But, I also like the looks of the new forged. That was why I wanted to wait. I have hit the jaws and really liked them. But what if I eventually liked the forged more? See my issue? hahah

No, Callaway staffers have choices between 2 lines, one of which is not out yet.

So the new ones or the Jaws CC?

Sent from my forged iPad

Haha I was kidding dude. Take your time. I wouldn't care if I didn't get everything until the MC

I know bud haha. I just don't want people to have to wait for my dumb indecisive behind.

I really like the looks of the x jaws slate wedges. That is what is taking me so long to pull the trigger. But, I also like the looks of the new forged. That was why I wanted to wait. I have hit the jaws and really liked them. But what if I eventually liked the forged more? See my issue? hahah

I didn't know you had the option. My apologies.

Sent from my forged iPad

So the new ones or the Jaws CC?

Sent from my forged iPad

I would assume so. I have no idea really, but I would venture to guess since both are staying in current line for 2012.

I didn't know you had the option. My apologies.

Sent from my forged iPad

No biggie man. I was thinking the same thing the other day when we got the DM- as in "I am going to be the last one to send my order in and everyone will hate me."

Sent from my forged iPad

ooh. Good point. I may have to pick sooner than expected to avoid threats on my life.....I didn't think of that.
I don't think it matters. I'm waiting until I can hit them. The PM we got said we can order now or wait until we can hit them.

I don't think it matters. I'm waiting until I can hit them. The PM we got said we can order now or wait until we can hit them.

yes the pm from the tour rep said as long as the order was in by the end of February...dunno if that means that none of the orders are turned in until then or not.

I am getting a quick length and lie fitting tomorrow then I will be turning my order in....I am going with the New Forged wedges in the Dark Chrome at 50, 54 and 58 and I am going with the same Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grip (I put that grip on a couple of wedges back in October and I love them....nice and tacky and I like the way my fingers kinda fit in the grooves.)

Last edited:
correct fellow staffer....just want to be sure I'm getting the right set up for me

Back