Callaway has done it again (in an amazingly good way)!!!

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I have loved my 17* Super Hybrid. It has been part of my bag for a year and a half, although sometimes comes out for a 5 wood. I decided to look into a 20* and a 23*. Callaway Pre-owned had these two clubs in stock at a great price, so I ordered them. They were supposed to be delivered today. I was watching the interactive delivery map during the morning, because I am always worried about porch pirates. My office is 15 minutes from my home. I can usually leave as soon as something is delivered and be home to secure the delivery. Today was no different, except that in that little 15 minute window, a thief cut open the box and stole the two clubs, leaving the empty box on my porch. I got home, saw the box and discovered what had happened.

I called Callaway, just to see what pricing it might give me for replacements, because it certainly is not Callaway’s fault that a thief stole the clubs off my porch. The customer service rep wouldn’t give me a price. He said that Callaway would submit a claim with UPS and send me out replacements immediately, at no charge. I literally was in shock. This is so above and beyond what I would have expected. How can you not feel loyalty to Callaway, with such stellar service? This time and for the future, my office will be the delivery address.

Attachments

• 9F3F32FF-F775-40F5-821B-849B6C0B6988.jpeg
    9F3F32FF-F775-40F5-821B-849B6C0B6988.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 47
This is another great example of their customer service. They always go the extra mile.

wow, and where you live I think of as safe:) Maybe guys know you are a golf nut and stalk your home?

great customer service for sure.

That has to be a bummer that porch pirates are a constant threat.
It is crazy that people are so devious.

and why did they cut the package. Why not save time and take it as is? were they going to reject it if it was Ping?

Yup. A call to them usually solves the problem. Them, Bridgestone, and Budget Golf all get my business because they are awesome to deal with.

Superb customer service as usual

No ring device or anything though?

I've had a couple people approach and I tell em to F off

Have always had great customer service from Callaway and so have many forum members, speaks volumes about the brand.

and why did they cut the package. Why not save time and take it as is? were they going to reject it if it was Ping?
The police said that they were thinking about putting a dummy box on a porch that had a gps device in it, because there have been a rash of these thefts in my area. Maybe the porch pirate is sophisticated enough to suspect something like that? I certainly wondered myself why the person would not just grab the package and run.

Superb customer service as usual

No ring device or anything though?

I've had a couple people approach and I tell em to F off
Unfortunately, no ring device. I may be changing that.

Awesome story about a company that always delivers world class service.

The police said that they were thinking about putting a dummy box on a porch that had a gps device in it, because there have been a rash of these thefts in my area. Maybe the porch pirate is sophisticated enough to suspect something like that? I certainly wondered myself why the person would not just grab the package and run.
I think a guy walking down the sidewalk with a long cardboard box looks like a potential thief whereas a guy carrying one or two golf clubs just looks like a golfer....

Great on Callaway for stepping up!

That's unbelievably good service. Wow.

I am just happy that I am not the only person on earth that bagged three Super Hybrids. I put a 4 iron back in the bag and dropped the 23* but the 17* and 20* turned up two degrees each are staying put.

Sad story with a happy ending. Glad how things turned out for you. Awesome gesture by Callaway.

I have a bag full of Callaway stuff and this is one of the reasons. The last two items I bought " like new" from callaway preowned (Flash single diamond and apex pro double dots) showed up and were brand new. I had to remove the plastic from the heads and grips! When I had a issue a few years back with a driver they replaced it for free and overnight air the new one with a call slip for the other one. All free of charge for me.

Bummer! :mad:

Thanks Callaway! :)

I have loved my 17* Super Hybrid. It has been part of my bag for a year and a half, although sometimes comes out for a 5 wood. I decided to look into a 20* and a 23*. Callaway Pre-owned had these two clubs in stock at a great price, so I ordered them. They were supposed to be delivered today. I was watching the interactive delivery map during the morning, because I am always worried about porch pirates. My office is 15 minutes from my home. I can usually leave as soon as something is delivered and be home to secure the delivery. Today was no different, except that in that little 15 minute window, a thief cut open the box and stole the two clubs, leaving the empty box on my porch. I got home, saw the box and discovered what had happened.

I called Callaway, just to see what pricing it might give me for replacements, because it certainly is not Callaway’s fault that a thief stole the clubs off my porch. The customer service rep wouldn’t give me a price. He said that Callaway would submit a claim with UPS and send me out replacements immediately, at no charge. I literally was in shock. This is so above and beyond what I would have expected. How can you not feel loyalty to Callaway, with such stellar service? This time and for the future, my office will be the delivery address.

dude that sucks! It’s the number 1,2, and 3 reason why I’ve invested in cams... especially doorbell cam from Nest/Google.
Great companies do great things for their clientele.

I get paranoid, too. When I may not be at home, I do the alternate delivery to the UPS Store when possible.

Happy Callaway took care of you.

best in the biz

Love how they always go above and beyond

Callaway is top notch about stuff like this. Huge kudos as always to them!

Sorry you have to deal with it, but... That is amazing of Callaway!

Back