Callaway Heavenwood - Best generation?

FatChance

Reaction score
Handicap
I have read most of the threads on the Callaway Heavenwood clubs. They seem to get universally high praise. For those who have or have had a Heavenwood, which generation do you think is best? Usually, clubs get better with each new generation, at least if you listen to the manufacturers. It seems that the majority of the reviews seem to be about the V Series, but I would like some opinions with the benefit of hindsight.

I have an old first generation titanium BB version in storage from years ago but want to upgrade to a newer version and try it again. I am just an older bogey golfer so I am leaning towards finding a used V Series based on all of the reviews but wanted to ask first. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

V series for me. Tried the GBB and it just didn't react the same for me on the course. Currently using the Steelhead version but still have my V series.

V series for me. By a mile, I think.

I loved the v series version of the Heavenwood. Up until the Epic Flash Heavenwood I would say the v series version was hands down the best.

I have about 6 rounds in with the EF Heavenwood and I love it. I’m not ready to say it yet but it might be just as good as the V Series. I just need more time with the EF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V series for me. By a mile, I think.

+1 to this. I know the Epic Flash HW is pretty good, but the VSeries HW was a rocket launcher and easy to hit .

V-Series.

Was at its most versatile. They've lost a lot of that IMO sole design wise in recent iterations.

+1 to this. I know the Epic Flash HW is pretty good, but the VSeries HW was a rocket launcher and easy to hit .

And strangely, the conversation changes for me when we start talking about the 3W. I love the flash 3W, but never got along with the V series. I think there's something about the Heavenwood profile and the sole shape/etc. that just works.

And strangely, the conversation changes for me when we start talking about the 3W. I love the flash 3W, but never got along with the V series. I think there's something about the Heavenwood profile and the sole shape/etc. that just works.

Same for me. I couldn’t dial in the vseries 3w at all

I loved the v series version of the Heavenwood. Up until the Epic Flash Heavenwood I would say the v series version was hands down the best.

I have about 6 rounds in with the EF Heavenwood and I love it. I’m not ready to say it yet but it might be just as good as the V Series. I just need more time with the EF

Happy to hear this, because mine is en route to my place!

Without the benefit of hitting the EF Heavenwood, I would say the V Series Heavenwood too. The Rogue was great. I got a very penetrating ball flight with that version. It also helped me reach a Par 5 in 2 from 237 out, which was probably the longest fairway wood shot I've hit off the deck. The V Series though was just special. I could hit it high out of any lie imaginable. I completely regret trading it in, and I still randomly check eBay for gently used one. About a month ago I lost out on a bid for a new one too.

I love the Steelhead, but that has a lot to do with the sole shape. It is not flat like the majority of fairway woods are now. It is noticeably more v shaped in the middle which I really like. I am not a big fan of the newer flat shallow fairway woods.

I was wondering about this the other day too. Why is it that the OG Vseries still seems to be the preferred choice?

I've only hit the V series, and really don't see a need to hit a different one. The thing just works.

I loved the first release. I carried 3 of them when they came out.

V Series hands down. I've had a few others, but nothing ever felt as good as the V series did.

I was wondering about this the other day too. Why is it that the OG Vseries still seems to be the preferred choice?

IMO, the sole design.

Think it's the sole. I gamed one and it was just too light for me but I get the love. Height was awesome with that thing.

Another vote for the "V" series HW. I just works.

I think I owned 3 of the V Series trying to make it work but just couldn’t get over the shaft length. I think it measured 43 3/8” to end of the grip which was simply too long for me. If I shortened it it essentially became a 7w with a C2 swingweight and unplayable.

I have only hit the V, but it is great club for me. I use it from 180-195 yards out. I carry another 3 wood - King Cobra 7 for anything longer. Had to take out one of my wedges to carry 2 three woods.

steelhead xr for me it was much better than the gbb version, and got some sentimental value with the name

Ive tried them all and owned most, and the V series HW was the clear cut best IMO

I hope everyone ignores this thread because I now have to start trying to find a V Series Heavenwood and I don't need any additional demand for the low supply in the used market...

Ive tried them all and owned most, and the V series HW was the clear cut best IMO
Thoughts on the Steelhead HW? If I was going to tinker (aka cheat on my V) that sole seems like it might work.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hope everyone ignores this thread because I now have to start trying to find a V Series Heavenwood and I don't need any additional demand for the low supply in the used market...

Haha, THP does that sometimes!

I’m going to grab a few this summer for some of my more beginner golfers on the boys and girls teams, it’s an amazing confidence club for them. By the end of the year this year my 4 bag was hitting Vseries HW from everywhere.

Haha, THP does that sometimes!

I’m going to grab a few this summer for some of my more beginner golfers on the boys and girls teams, it’s an amazing confidence club for them. By the end of the year this year my 4 bag was hitting Vseries HW from everywhere.

So true on the confidence part of it. Not only is it easy to hit, but helps to gain experience from fairways off the deck. I think the HW is one of the reasons I've improved contact with the 4w from the FW.

Back