Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

Another full round in with the Chromes and still loving them. I definitely am getting more distance on all full clubs. Even poked a couple of drives 270 today (my usual "long" is around 255-260). Getting at least 5 yards more on well struck irons. If I hit the center of the face the Chromes just compress like butter and shoot off like a rocket. I overshot the 18th green with an 8 iron that carried at least 140-145 (I usually hit an 8 iron around 135 at most). It was dead on line with the pin, too. Thought for sure I was going to be sitting in easy birdie range. Love the stopping power on full irons and even short pitch shots I was able to get a little backspin into a few greens, one of which left me a putt that I sank for a birdie. I let my friend play one and he had similar results with the compression and distance and stopping spin on full swings. As for accuracy, I only missed two fairways all day and put most tee shots exactly where I wanted them - and the couple I missed didn't go spinning off into the nether regions...

I tried to get sleeve of Blacks but the pro shop didn't carry them. :(

Another full round in with the Chromes and still loving them. I definitely am getting more distance on all full clubs. Even poked a couple of drives 270 today (my usual "long" is around 255-260). Getting at least 5 yards more on well struck irons. If I hit the center of the face the Chromes just compress like butter and shoot off like a rocket. I overshot the 18th green with an 8 iron that carried at least 140-145 (I usually hit an 8 iron around 135 at most). It was dead on line with the pin, too. Thought for sure I was going to be sitting in easy birdie range. Love the stopping power on full irons and even short pitch shots I was able to get a little backspin into a few greens, one of which left me a putt that I sank for a birdie. I let my friend play one and he had similar results with the compression and distance and stopping spin on full swings. As for accuracy, I only missed two fairways all day and put most tee shots exactly where I wanted them - and the couple I missed didn't go spinning off into the nether regions...

I tried to get sleeve of Blacks but the pro shop didn't carry them. :(
Thanks for sharing Penglynns, glad the chromes are working for you.

Put the Blacks in to play today, as well as alternating the Chrome in and out for a hole or two here or there. For me, after playing 36 holes today, I find that I just prefer the Chrome over the Black for my game. I dont see the distance loss like others, and the "increased side spin" is only seen when I put a less than great swing on the driver. The feel of the Chrome of the irons just feels a bit softer, and really feel that I compress the Chrome better than the Black. I will continue to play the Black tomorrow for my round, to see if anything changes, but I just dont see the Black beating out the Chromes for me.

Put the Blacks in to play today, as well as alternating the Chrome in and out for a hole or two here or there. For me, after playing 36 holes today, I find that I just prefer the Chrome over the Black for my game. I dont see the distance loss like others, and the "increased side spin" is only seen when I put a less than great swing on the driver. The feel of the Chrome of the irons just feels a bit softer, and really feel that I compress the Chrome better than the Black. I will continue to play the Black tomorrow for my round, to see if anything changes, but I just dont see the Black beating out the Chromes for me.

I hope to do this tomorrow

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Crap! I meant to borrow one of yours today war. The Chrome interest me a lot and after seeing how well it worked for you today I think I'll grab a sleeve next week.

--
Tapatalk2

Crap! I meant to borrow one of yours today war. The Chrome interest me a lot and after seeing how well it worked for you today I think I'll grab a sleeve next week.

--
Tapatalk2
You liked the putt-putt yellow didnt you? Haha.

For me the distance loss with the Chromes is just on iron shots. Maybe it is because of how I compress the ball with my irons. Off the tee, my distance is about the same if not longer with the Chromes. I do like the Hex Black better off the putter though. I just prefer its feel.

You liked the putt-putt yellow didnt you? Haha.

Ha when you said that and then I saw it I thought "wow this dude really jacked a putt putt ball." It shows up well though.

--
Tapatalk2

Crazy story about the Hex Black. So the first hole at my home course has a little stupid pond about 300 away (260 to the front - 300 to the back). The last 4 straight rounds I have rinsed a Hex black in the stupid pond. Good news is the distance with these is awesome. Bad news is I keep costing myself strokes and $$$. Needless to say, I wont be hitting a Hex Black there on the first hole the next few times out hahhaa.

Crazy story about the Hex Black. So the first hole at my home course has a little stupid pond about 300 away (260 to the front - 300 to the back). The last 4 straight rounds I have rinsed a Hex black in the stupid pond. Good news is the distance with these is awesome. Bad news is I keep costing myself strokes and $$$. Needless to say, I wont be hitting a Hex Black there on the first hole the next few times out hahhaa.

Hit your 3 wood and keep hitting the Black!

There have been some good deals out there on these balls lately. I ordered some blacks to try but of course they didn't come on Friday so I wont be trying them out today.

I'm starting to realize that the Chrome is a little extra spinny off the driver. I really like the ball in all aspects and only after I did some testing with my old Q Star, did I realize that the Chrome really does have some extra spin. I'm going to pick up a sleeve of the Black tomorrow. I really love the extra distance I have gained and hope the Black is the secret formula for my game.

As many of you know I bought a dozen of the Blacks to try so I know what ball I want to use for the Morgan Cup. Well I bought them almost a month ago and have played several rounds, and I am just now on my second sleeve. Some of the rounds have only been 9 hole rounds so I don't mean to say that one ball will last you several rounds, but one ball will definitely last you 18+ holes. I am amazed at the durability of this ball and yet it still feels so soft and gets great greenside spin. I can't believe how long they are lasting me, but I'm not complaining!

The greenside spin on these are ridiculous. I love this ball.

Could it be that those that are seeing some side spin off driver with Chrome, have faster swing speeds than intended for that ball?

Could it be that those that are seeing some side spin off driver with Chrome, have faster swing speeds than intended for that ball?

Possibly, but it happened to me too, and according to the specs, the Chrome should be perfect for me.

The Hex Black is just a better ball for me, it gives me plenty of distance and still lots of spin and control around the greens.

Possibly, but also could just be they put more spin on the ball than others do. I'm not a high spin player, I have zero control issues with the Chrome but love that it will stop on the greens. Previous balls would only stop with a 8 iron or short in hand and sometimes even those would roll out. The Chrome stops well with almost all irons (a yard or two on mid irons, a few yards on long irons, hop and stop with shorter clubs) for me. But I know from past fittings that I don't put a lot of spin on a driver, either. A higher spin player probably gets too much "help" from the Chrome that they don't really need.

Same here Smalls

Possibly, but it happened to me too, and according to the specs, the Chrome should be perfect for me.

I haven't seen any durability issues with the Hex Black either IN

As many of you know I bought a dozen of the Blacks to try so I know what ball I want to use for the Morgan Cup. Well I bought them almost a month ago and have played several rounds, and I am just now on my second sleeve. Some of the rounds have only been 9 hole rounds so I don't mean to say that one ball will last you several rounds, but one ball will definitely last you 18+ holes. I am amazed at the durability of this ball and yet it still feels so soft and gets great greenside spin. I can't believe how long they are lasting me, but I'm not complaining!

And according to the same specs, the Black should be perfect for me, even though I prefer the Chrome. Interesting how this works.

Well I played and lost the sleeve of hex chrome yellows after a few rounds but I really like this ball. Been pairin it on the course with some b-330rxs' and noticed similar results but I really dig the yellow. So easy to see and it looks awesome at address to my putter

I haven't seen any durability issues with the Hex Black either IN

I'm surprised that you're able to get good life out of these balls. Literally every tour ball I've played gets wrecked by a few wedge shots with noticeable gilling of the surface and little bits of cover hanging off. I've killed Pro V1's in 4 holes before.

Back