Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

I played my round today with the Chrome instead of the Black and I have to say I'm torn. I do love the Black, but darnit if every time I play the chrome I don't love it too. The one flaw really for me right now with the Chrome is I'm seeing a much to high ball flight with the irons and I feel I'm losing a ton of distance with it. Around the greens the Chrome is crazy spinny though.

Should get some good thoughts tomorrow. Planing a round with Dr. Teeth and Oregon Golfer and I think all 3 of us are gaming the Hex Black. Will be my first round with em and I'm really excited.

Should get some good thoughts tomorrow. Planing a round with Dr. Teeth and Oregon Golfer and I think all 3 of us are gaming the Hex Black. Will be my first round with em and I'm really excited.

Better mark your balls!

I played my round today with the Chrome instead of the Black and I have to say I'm torn. I do love the Black, but darnit if every time I play the chrome I don't love it too. The one flaw really for me right now with the Chrome is I'm seeing a much to high ball flight with the irons and I feel I'm losing a ton of distance with it. Around the greens the Chrome is crazy spinny though.

Tough spot to be in Breezy....I thought I was losing some distance with the Chrome as well which was my deciding factor in choosing the Black over it

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I also felt I lost distance with the Chrome. Am loving the Blacks though....especially with ernie pricing!!

I haven't tried the black yet I may have to give them a go to see if I can gain some distance.
I really Love the chrome for around the greens good spin and hold really well for me.
In my Thurs. night men's league 4 weeks with the same ball.
Granted I know the course well enough not to get into trouble but the cover is holding up great.
I should have only bought one sleeve. hehe

Hex Tour

Hex Tour

Anyone seen something like this on the Hex or any other ball. I know it's hard to see but it goes all the way around the ball. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344082516.093046.jpg

Tapaway!

Is that after playing the ball or new out of box?

Looks like a very bad seam. possibly a defect that got past QC I hope the rest of them don't look that way.

Looks like a very bad seam. possibly a defect that got past QC I hope the rest of them don't look that way.

An entire sleeve is like that.

Tapaway!

Someone slipped up.

Someone slipped up.
This is what I would think. I wonder if there is a Callaway number you could call and let them know or send an email with the picture?

It's the first time I've bought a Callaway product but sure doesn't make me want to spend more money. Even at $27

Tapaway!

It's the first time I've bought a Callaway product but sure doesn't make me want to spend more money. Even at $27

Tapaway!

I think you're being a harsh for having some bad luck. Call Callaway and I am sure they will take care of you.

That happens when the balls sit on the drying rack afaik. Good luck and I hope this doesn't turn you off of the brand.

Tapaway!

I've played a lot of Callaway balls and never had one come out of the box that way. I'd call, Callaway will take care of you. Bummer you got a bad sleeve on your first purchase.

This is a great example of why quality control is so critical. A mistake like this can turn a potential lifetime customer off.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I'm sure a quick call to Callaway would fix that. I have heard some great feedback about Callaways customer service

Put the Blacks in play today and hated them. Tons of side spin, not durable and not that long either. Just found it to be a very average ball all around. Switched back to my favorite ball the B330RX after 9. PM me if you want to trade balls because I have two dozen I won't be using.

Put the Blacks in play today and hated them. Tons of side spin, not durable and not that long either. Just found it to be a very average ball all around. Switched back to my favorite ball the B330RX after 9. PM me if you want to trade balls because I have two dozen I won't be using.
Really? You think the ball made at big of a difference?

Yup. Dude I didn't like it.
Interesting, just goes to show how important playing the right ball for you is. I love this ball, and will now play it over the chrome for the rest of the year.

What dude, your crazy lol, just kidding man that sucks they didnt work out for you. I see just the opposite of what you did. Very low side spin off the tee, most durable ball I have ever played.

Bgammill I would not let one slip up by callaways quality control turn you off of their brand, they make fantastic equipment and balls and slip up's do happen dude.

I've been using the same Hex Black ball for almost 2 rounds now, and thought somebody might be curious to see pics (hopefully they show up, I haven't inserted pics before). I used this ball for 32 holes, and I've been playing pretty well (72-78) those holes so there were at least 2 good full shots struck on each hole. I never thought it'd be this hard to get a decent shot of a golf ball, but I guess having an old point and shoot doesn't help.

Notes: The marks below and to the right of the chevron are very visible but nearly imperceptible to the touch.
black 1.JPG
The marks about 3 dimples above the 5 are very noticeable as well, but only the left side of the worst scuffed dimple is easy to feel. The small flap 4 dimples due left of the C goes right through the urethane layer (I could rip it off if I so desired), but barely sticks up.
black 2.JPG

black 3.JPG

I'll continue using this ball and give updates.

I loved the black today. It was long off the tee for me and had decent greenside spin with wedges (considering how bad my wedge play is, that doesn't really say much). I was seeing 5-8 feet of rollout on the greens with iron shots. This ball flys straight and does well in the wind. I'm sold, will be my new gamer for a long time I imagine.

Back