Callaway HEX Chrome+ Golf Ball Review Thread

Used these again the other day. Getting good distance off the tee and irons. Just a little to soft for me around greens. Needed a little roll every once in awhile. Good ball all the way around

That's a pretty drastic change and I'm guessing there's more to do with it than the ball. All of the higher end balls are going to be pretty similar; at this point it's just a matter of fine tuning the ball to fit your preference in spin and feel. A difference of 40 yards just isn't realistic for the ball only, even if it does spin more off the tee.

Those numbers were a rough guess based on where I normally hit too. It was Atleast 15 shorter

I have been playing the Chrome + for a few round now. My take is that the ball seems to work very well for me and my swing. I have seen a small durability issue, but nothing that overly concerns me. The distance off the tee matches up similarly to the Pro V and Z-Star I usually play. You can tell around the green that on chips and putts that the ball is a little more firm than the Pro V or Z-Star, which isn't much of a big deal to me in general. On a flat green if I chip all three side by side, with the same motion, speed and contact...I would expect the Chrome + to roll out a few inches more at most, maybe.
Overall I like the Chrome +. I could see myself continuing to play this ball. There isn't a huge cost difference between them and the Pro V, maybe $39.99 to $45.00? So I guess if you look at it like that, there is my lunch and drink at the turn! lol

Agent Jay, the chrome+ is a max of 29.99 here, where are you getting them thats charging up to you 10 bucks more a dozen?

Played the Chrome+ yesterday after buying a sleeve before teeing off. Good off the tee and I enjoyed the feel with my short irons and wedges. My lag putting with this ball was superb, some of the best I've done in awhile. I can see myself picking some more up for sure.

Has anyone played this ball in colder weather yet?

It was 41 degrees when I teed off yesterday. I consider that cold. Ball performance was fine, in fact I was getting just as much distance with this ball and my 3W as others in my group were getting with their drivers.

ya 41 is pretty cold lol i should be playing my next few rounds in some colder weather and just was curious as to how these performed in the cold. thanks!

Picked up a dozen of these thanks to Blugold, so hoping to get them out in the next few weeks and see how they perform

Picked up a dozen of these thanks to Blugold, so hoping to get them out in the next few weeks and see how they perform

If you like the B330-RX, I bet you like the Chrome+. That Bridgestone ball performs well for me.

I normally play the Hex Black Tour, but currently trying out the Hex Chrome+ both seems about the same, although my Scratch wedges tend to cut the Hex Tour Black more.. distance off the driver is about equal, maybe a slight edge to the Chrome+

If you like the B330-RX, I bet you like the Chrome+. That Bridgestone ball performs well for me.

yeah I love the RX thats for sure. The greenside spin Ive seen others have with the Chrome is just darn right nasty

yeah I love the RX thats for sure. The greenside spin Ive seen others have with the Chrome is just darn right nasty

I believe the regular Chrome would be more like the RX than the Chrome + as far as compression goes. The + to me is more like the B330.

I believe the regular Chrome would be more like the RX than the Chrome + as far as compression goes. The + to me is more like the B330.

Yeah I dont think I spent much time with the regular Chrome, actually I may have only hit 1 or 2 I found. We will see how it goes with these, I'll be certain to report back.

ya 41 is pretty cold lol i should be playing my next few rounds in some colder weather and just was curious as to how these performed in the cold. thanks!

Played in the 50's the other day ball felt good and performed as it did when it was warmer out for me.

As a former B330-RX player who now plays the regular Chrome I would agree.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Back