Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
By now, everyone knows the story of how Callaway’s PM Grind wedge came into existence, from the literal Frankenstein like beginning to becoming one of the most successful yet polarizing specialty wedges in golf. As time went on, interests have seemingly leveled off, and at the same time Callaway has found themselves with many competitors in the very high-toe full-face segment that they created. 

So, what is a company to do? Well, if you are Callaway, you go all-in on building a better wedge, one that they themselves are touting as their most advanced wedge ever.  The Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges.

Callaway-JAWS-Full-Toe-Wedge-1.jpg

It is time to say hello to the new Callaway JAWS Full Toe wedges, and believe...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Me likey!!!!

I wonder if JAWS stands for just awesome wedge shots?

They look great, great write up!

Really excited about this. Love the full face wedges especially in the 58 or 60. Had a PM grind before and the offset was a lot for wedges but seeing this new iteration has me really wanting to hit these.

Best looking full face high toe they have made so far.

• Admin
Good tech info from @Jman in the article.

These look great and will be a nice upgrade for those who like a high toe wedge. The Jaws MD5 line is two years old now and I would think due for a refresh. I wonder if they have something coming later this year or the MD5 will stay in line in 2022?

Best looking full face high toe they have made so far.
I totally agree with this, and honestly, I think they went from the worst looking high toe wedge on the market to the best.

They look great.

But I guess I need to buy another PM grind 19 before they are gone.

They look great.

But I guess I need to buy another PM grind 19 before they are gone.
I mean, they took the root DNA of that and made it just as effective on partial swings while also now making it feasible on full swings without the face wanting to shut down hard through impact, that’s got to drive curiosity, no?

I wish there was a 58/14 option like the PM wedges. I love the PM wedge except for outside of 40 yards where I dig trenches with it.

I wish there was a 58/14 option like the PM wedges. I love the PM wedge except for outside of 40 yards where I dig trenches with it.
And that’s the big thing they wanted to address, for amateurs as well as Tour Staff. Making it a viable design beyond the touch shots.

I mean, they took the root DNA of that and made it just as effective on partial swings while also now making it feasible on full swings without the face wanting to shut down hard through impact, that’s got to drive curiosity, no?
I have a set of the PM Grind 19 (54° & 58°) & the biggest issue I found was in the full swings, I dig a squirrel grave. If that issue has been addressed, I’m paying close attention.

I mean it's a tough sell when the marketing is they took a wedge that has been nearly perfect for me as a green side bunker specialty wedge and changed the shape, offset, grind etc.
I'm sure there will be plenty on comparison reviews to last PM grind soon.

Those wedges look great!

Thank you. These look so much better than the PM Grind, which I bought twice and returned twice. The look! But these, these are innovative and look excellent, Raw satin? Great idea! Looking forward to a demo day.

I mean it's a tough sell when the marketing is they took a wedge that has been nearly perfect for me as a green side bunker specialty wedge and changed the shape, offset, grind etc.
I'm sure there will be plenty on comparison reviews to last PM grind soon.
But they didn’t do that, the took some DNA from it and designed an all new wedge with more tricks and design traits in it than they’ve ever put into a wedge. This isn’t just a new PM grind, it’s much more.

I totally agree with this, and honestly, I think they went from the worst looking high toe wedge on the market to the best.
And I totally agree with this, I am no where near a great golfer, but I have my moments, I would not up this point have ever played or even demoed the high PM wedges from Callaway - just not pleasing to my eye. I would certainly try these out - wish they had a copper version.

Great writeup James - how do you do it? With all the wedges you have access to and play - it must be incredibly tough to choose what you want to use each time you head to the course to mention what your garage or basement must look like in terms of equipment!

I have a set of the PM Grind 19 (54° & 58°) & the biggest issue I found was in the full swings, I dig a squirrel grave. If that issue has been addressed, I’m paying close attention.
You aren’t alone my dude. It’s why they both got axed from my bag as time went on, love the versatility, but they were unusable in full or even 3/4 swings for me a lot of times.

Now if that’s addressed but that beautiful quirky C-Grind is still intact? They have my attention.

And I totally agree with this, I am no where near a great golfer, but I have my moments, I would not up this point have ever played or even demoed the high PM wedges from Callaway - just not pleasing to my eye. I would certainly try these out - wish they had a copper version.

Great writeup James - how do you do it? With all the wedges you have access to and play - it must be incredibly tough to choose what you want to use each time you head to the course to mention what your garage or basement must look like in terms of equipment!
Haha! It’s my passion dude. I appreciate the kind words!

Haha! It’s my passion dude. I appreciate the kind words!
Stupid me, I sort of knew that - but still it's gotta be tough - at least from time to time.

Does this mean the PM wedges, as we know them now, are going away???? If so, I'm gonna grab another 58* and put it in storage.

Does this mean the PM wedges, as we know them now, are going away???? If so, I'm gonna grab another 58* and put it in storage.
Yes. These are filling that void, though they are not an absolute PM replacement, they’re much more versatile than that. I would encourage you to give them a try when you can.

Man I love my PM Grind 58, but I could see this being a replacement. I could hit full shots with my 54 PM Grind, but you had be be extremely careful, one of the reasons I replaced it with the 54 Jaws MD5. I could see a set of these going in my bag when my current wedges wear out.

Looks to me like a mix between the MD5 and CB wedges.

Back