I’ve hit a couple hundred balls now with this new wedge offering. To me, these are the best feeling wedge since the Mack Daddy 2. Very soft feel (though not forged), but the ball feels like it wants to grip then go. Tons of spin, tons of control. And the Z grind is going to be an instant winner. I felt like I could open the face wide and deliver clean contact through the bounce.

some in hand pics. The black is just sooooo good looking, and the spots where it is starting to wear is going to look sick.

EA436CE6-9BED-4153-84E7-0F9715237D85.jpeg
F76F6A3A-308A-44E6-93B1-0A592D2C372F.jpeg
2CF28880-7288-4A7D-B6B1-7239E58D23C2.jpeg
DF6797FA-97B7-4D99-B581-3F9EECAFF75B.jpeg

here it is compared to MD5
Both 56*
MD5 left, Jaws Raw right. Notice the offset….

FDD41886-08B2-4E50-8F95-4836AB890751.jpeg

I’ve hit a couple hundred balls now with this new wedge offering. To me, these are the best feeling wedge since the Mack Daddy 2. Very soft feel (though not forged), but the ball feels like it wants to grip then go. Tons of spin, tons of control. And the Z grind is going to be an instant winner. I felt like I could open the face wide and deliver clean contact through the bounce.

some in hand pics. The black is just sooooo good looking, and the spots where it is starting to wear is going to look sick.

View attachment 9098178
View attachment 9098179
View attachment 9098180
View attachment 9098181

Both 56*

View attachment 9098182

View attachment 9098178
View attachment 9098179
View attachment 9098180
View attachment 9098181

Both 56*

View attachment 9098182
The move to the straighter hosel transition and flatter leading edge is going to be a big win for Callaway imo.

Nice write up, these look really good

The move to the straighter hosel transition and flatter leading edge is going to be a big win for Callaway imo.

I agree with that.

Love that the lowest groove is not a half groove.

That Z grind does sound intriguing. The C was a mess when I tried it and have traditionally leaned to the S and W grinds for their offerings, but the Z sounds like something to test out greenside and out of bunkers.

Really enjoyed this writeup and details of the smaller nuanced bits. Like the longer hosel. Looking at it while at address, you can kind of see it and wonder about it, but article here does a great of explaining why you are seeing it.

Really like the sounds of these. Really good looking wedges with nice options.. Z grind is very intriguing. A little disappointed in the LH options, but still thinking it might be time to replace my 50* with one of these. Nice write up! Thank you for that.

That Z grind will be a strong contender for my wedges next season. And as of a year ago I would have been in the resistant camp to raw, but have evolved on the topic to where it kinda has me excited.

Really enjoyed this writeup and details of the smaller nuanced bits. Like the longer hosel. Looking at it while at address, you can kind of see it and wonder about it, but article here does a great of explaining why you are seeing it.
Thank you for the kind words!

There's a lot to like about this release. I've been in love with my current JAWS wedges, but I would love to have an all black in a few different lofts.

Fantastic article, @Jman! These look super good.

View attachment 9098178
View attachment 9098179
View attachment 9098180
View attachment 9098181

Both 56*

View attachment 9098182
I love the straight leading edge and minimal offset.

I've never been the biggest fan of Cally's wedges, but man it's hard to ignore how the evolution this product segment has grown for them. These look good, the tech is there, and yes, I love Raw wedges. Ponder mode activated.

There is an impressive amount of tech with these wedges. The hosel length change is interesting. I am on my 1st set of raw wedges and it is taking some getting use to, but I could certainly see putting a set of these in the bag at some point.

Damn! Just as I settled on adding two Cleveland RTX Zipcores to the bag Callaway goes and drops these. Having to wait may be beyond the capacity of my patience.

Seems like just last week someone asked what equipment would you be most interested in if you got picked for the Grandaddy, and I said wedges since I don't know enough about grinds and whatnot and could really use a wedge fitting. Now here we are and Callaway has brand new wedges...

One thing I do know about wedges, I'm like ODB.

Oh these look nice. Really digging the look at address, and I like that they've boiled down the grind options. I'm really curious about the Z grind and will be following along for more feedback about that. I'm good on wedges for this season (famous last words), but these would be top of list if I were to need new ones.

View attachment 9098178
View attachment 9098179
View attachment 9098180
View attachment 9098181

Both 56*

View attachment 9098182

The black is calling my name.

I was lucky enough to see these in hand Saturday. The shape is perfect..
Yeah it's definitely moved more towards what I like. Everything straighter and even the longer hosel are exactly my speed. These have been part of my wedge wishy washiness the few weeks because of it. The timing is going to a big win for them to I think.

Great write up @Jman ! There are a lot of great options to choose from.

Awe yeah!!! Although I don’t typically like raw wedges, it’s only bc I don’t like the rest of the wedge to have the rust. I will need new wedges at the end of this season so a Z grind in 54 will be going in the bag along with a 58* full toe!

Back