I’ve hit a couple hundred balls now with this new wedge offering. To me, these are the best feeling wedge since the Mack Daddy 2. Very soft feel (though not forged), but the ball feels like it wants to grip then go. Tons of spin, tons of control. And the Z grind is going to be an instant winner. I felt like I could open the face wide and deliver clean contact through the bounce.

some in hand pics. The black is just sooooo good looking, and the spots where it is starting to wear is going to look sick.

View attachment 9098178
View attachment 9098179
View attachment 9098180
View attachment 9098181

here it is compared to MD5
Both 56*
MD5 left, Jaws Raw right. Notice the offset….

View attachment 9098182
Love the look of these, except @xThor needs to clean his grooves once in while! ;) I for one will give these a try. My MD5's are coming to the end of life and these will be ordered. Very interested in the Z grind. Nice write up @Jman! I also like the idea of the face rusting, but not the entire club. I like the back of the wedge to stay looking nice in the bag for some reason, but love the natural, rusting face.🤷‍♂️

Love the look of these, except @xThor needs to clean his grooves once in while! ;) I for one will give these a try. My MD5's are coming to the end of life and these will be ordered. Very interested in the Z grind. Nice write up @Jman! I also like the idea of the face rusting, but not the entire club. I like the back of the wedge to stay looking nice in the bag for some reason, but love the natural, rusting face.🤷‍♂️

hahaha. These are demos, not my personal wedges

I've seen him clean his wedges after a shot...

Just think..... You might get fit into new ones of these at the Grandaddy. ;););)
I just know from following past Granddaddy's that he'll get fit into cool stuff, no matter what!

hahaha. These are demos, not my personal wedges

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Some of the contact areas also indicate they aren't your personal wedges... :eek::eek::eek:

Those look really good! The Z grind is calling to me as i have full toe C grinds and every now and then it digs in. I really like the feel of my full toe wedges so excited to try these out. A little rust on the face is ok glad they are able to not rust the rest of the club head :ROFLMAO:. As always great review @Jman.

I am 99.9% sure that I will have a 56 degree in the future in the bag. That has been a rotating spot for a while now and this is perfect.

I am 99.9% sure that I will have a 56 degree in the future in the bag. That has been a rotating spot for a while now and this is perfect.

Which grind are you thinking @JB?

I have no idea how the new Callaway wedges "perform" or "feel" vs the rest on the market, but they sure are the most visually appealing to me.

The look of these are incredible! The black may make their way in to my bag.

I'm surprised that one is not offered in more than 58 and 60 deg options.

If you bend a 58Z to 56, how much will it affect how the leading-edge chamfer functions?

I'm surprised that one is not offered in more than 58 and 60 deg options.

If you bend a 58Z to 56, how much will it affect how the leading-edge chamfer functions?
Not sure yet, but plan to find out. It makes sense based on design of the grind why its better for higher lofts, but I am a sucker for a new grind.

I wonder if we are getting close to the ball wrecking spin power of the OG Jaws wedges.. Or more.

The Z is calling my name. That is pretty much everything I look for in a wedge. especially a higher lofted wedge.

Great stuff from Callaway. I wonder how the grooves effect the durability of the golf ball at the different angle.

Great writeup. These look and sound fantastic. Still rocking a MD3 that I feel like I can hit any shot with around the green and these have gotta be even l better.

Back