60 going to be bent to 62 today for some fun greenside testing.

My 58 Z is currently getting new tread put on it. Can't wait for next week!

Absolutely Phenomenal - Just Phenomenal!!
That's how I describe my weekend with the JAWS Raw wedge - again Just Phenomenal.
With 36 holes of golf this weekend I had 10-1 putts and only 3-3 putts and 1 of those was a swirl.
This wedge just got me so close to the pin - It's point and shoot.

Perfect Example:

View attachment 9108445

I'm Laying 4 in the first cut of rough past the pin.
It's one of those placements where if I try to putt it through the rough, it will be eaten up by the grass and never get there however If you're not a good chipper of the ball, it scares the 💩 out of you because you're afraid you are going to "Skull it"

No fears from me, playing 54/10S JAWS Raw and CSX-LS, I hit the sweetest little chip 2 ft from the pin for a knock in Bogey, which I'll take on that hole.

This type of chipping happened all of weekend.
According to Shot Scope, in the 3 rounds that I've had this wedge I gained over a stroke on my short game and full stroke on my putting from the month before (11 rounds) over a 15 HDCP:

View attachment 9108450

View attachment 9108453

This is as good as it gets!!
Got a couple of rounds in since last week and my short game continues to improve:
Gained a half stroke on my HDCP Benchmark.
The JAWS Raw 54* is getting me closer to the pin and I'm making more putts.
1659959315800.png
1659959285217.png

Excited for my Jaws Raw 54 and Jaws FT Raw 58 to show up today!

I put the 50 into play yesterday. It went well. I did shank one right after a perfect drive which was upsetting but that was the operator and not the tool.

Screenshot_20220808-124039_Chrome.jpg

This is why I think it will be a popular winter choice here and can be really useful for a lot of midwestern/eastern people with a fluffier and softer conditions.

Excited for my Jaws Raw 54 and Jaws FT Raw 58 to show up today!
Are you taking them straight to the course?! I'm going to your course here I think. So you should definitely go to the course with them, so you're not just getting sent pictures of me hitting awesome Raws on a course you're not on.

Yeah. Yeah that makes sense.. :p

Are you taking them straight to the course?! I'm going to your course here I think. So you should definitely go to the course with them, so you're not just getting sent pictures of me hitting awesome Raws on a course you're not on.

Yeah. Yeah that makes sense.. :p

Yeah, they are going straight into the bag, no questions asked and will be used Friday during my round in the morning while daughter is at school.

This is awesome! Can't wait for your feedback on the 54!!!
I'm sure it will be good. I had never owned Callaway wedges prior to the Grandaddy and had PM Grind 54/58 there and then moved to the MD5 due to easier with full shots and have loved every wedge so far, so doubt I will have any issues. Only thing I'm a little on standby with is the grind of the 54. My MD5 is 8C, and the Jaws raw I ordered is 10S. I got along great with the C grind, and was bummed they didn't have the C grind nor the Z grind in the 54, but I'm sure S grind will be just fine for me.

This is awesome! Can't wait for your feedback on the 54!!!
I really wanted customs, but I just cant justify spending that much on a single wedge, lol.

I really wanted customs, but I just cant justify spending that much on a single wedge, lol.

I've been debating it myself, but the upgraded shaft cost makes it almost a non starter.

I'm sure it will be good. I had never owned Callaway wedges prior to the Grandaddy and had PM Grind 54/58 there and then moved to the MD5 due to easier with full shots and have loved every wedge so far, so doubt I will have any issues. Only thing I'm a little on standby with is the grind of the 54. My MD5 is 8C, and the Jaws raw I ordered is 10S. I got along great with the C grind, and was bummed they didn't have the C grind nor the Z grind in the 54, but I'm sure S grind will be just fine for me.

I don't think you'll see a concern with the S grind at all!

View attachment 9110906

This is why I think it will be a popular winter choice here and can be really useful for a lot of midwestern/eastern people with a fluffier and softer conditions.
If you had a steep angle of attack and played on firm tight turf, would you lean Z or X? Generally speaking.

If you had a steep angle of attack and played on firm tight turf, would you lean Z or X? Generally speaking.
If I had a lot of tight and firm, Z. We have a lot of really tight but soft here normally, and that's where it gets interesting. Steep is step, but low point position and depth, and sole radius really start to play a role I think.

I generally think the Z would be best served for this. You'll get under the ball, but that skidplate should help you not dig a hole to the Earth's core. 🤣🤣

I generally think the Z would be best served for this. You'll get under the ball, but that skidplate should help you not dig a hole to the Earth's core. 🤣🤣
You're not digging no hole on tight and firm! You're bouncing, with a possible skid. :p

Yeah buddy!
3FA52B92-F302-44BE-AC96-D662168E9482.jpeg

You're not digging no hole on tight and firm! You're bouncing, with a possible skid. :p

It’s like your underwear when you aren’t quite sure if you farted or $h*! Lol. You’re leaving skid marks! 🤣🤣🤣

You've never played a round with me then..
🤣🤣🤣

Haha. I gouge texas clay at times. :LOL:

Played in the northwest and was throwing 2 foot beaver pelts. :LOL: give me all the bounce or dig protection.

So got my 54s and have reshafted and ready to go. The texture on the face is incredible. My poor balls. Only hit a few chips and pitches in my yard with it but the feel is a bit off for me. Cant put my finger on exactly what it is. I think maybe the tungsten plugs are messing with my strike detection. It also feels a tad firmer than i was anticipating. Still a great wedge though, just will have to acclimate myself to it.

9FB6215F-C72F-4EE0-AEA1-5951B0C34816.jpeg

Back