Leaning hard to making a full time move to these right now.
I did with no regrets at all. I'm thinking about a 48 for my GW. Its a very serious ponder. So good and so consistent.

I let our son use the 58 Z on the course today with me. It was defintely too long for him. He choked down below the grip and was awesome from 30yds and in with it. He had an absolute blast. I'm still enjoying this wedge from full shots to partial chips. 100yds and in this is my go to club!

Played the X in place of the freshly drying Z. That thing is a cheat grind for our bermuda. Love the camber. It reminds me of my last wedges with that, but with a better look and shape and leading edge. Nothing better than going to the course knowing you don't really have it, sticking a couple wedges, start playing to those wedge shots, and cutting the course UP. Missed the last green on a horrible short iron shot. Had nothing left. And then nearly holed a dazzler from a terrible spot for a tap in par finish. I don't impress myself often, but I had that thing on a yo-yo string. Lots of fun.

60z is officially a dart thrower. I’ve fully gotten away from the hosel issues and toe digging. HUGE FAN

Didn't even THINK about bluing the face. That's genius @OldandStiff

So I was dew sweeping this morning and had a shot that was looking directly in to the sun. Man do I LOVE the matted chrome toe on these wedges. But dangit do I wish that it was on the hosel too.

It’s not actually a complaint lol it was just funny when a small little strip of chrome blinded me today 😂
EB5887A7-7EC3-42BC-B18D-AB329E76B448.jpeg
Again, it’s not a complaint. I stuck the shot to eight inches so I will gladly deal with it now that the toe is perfect

And yes, I cleaned the face better after this 😁

So I was dew sweeping this morning and had a shot that was looking directly in to the sun. Man do I LOVE the matted chrome toe on these wedges. But dangit do I wish that it was on the hosel too.

It’s not actually a complaint lol it was just funny when a small little strip of chrome blinded me today 😂
View attachment 9123211
Again, it’s not a complaint. I stuck the shot to eight inches so I will gladly deal with it now that the toe is perfect

You stuck it to 8"?! Heck yes @Muchmore18!!!

View attachment 9123211

Glad you figured these things out. Would have been sooner if your wedge looked like below.

4256A219-7E05-401A-8FE0-586BEA8ACA6C.jpeg

Bacon saving beauties. I was a mess to start today and these kept me in the fight until I could get it going. Lots of good greenside action with the X grind, and once I got moving I started sticking a bunch of approaches. The 54S has been a weapon from day 1 and continues to be.

20220926_083707.jpg

Update after hitting some shots with it.

Think I'm going to do it to the rest.

Here's the difference between the my 60s now.

20220926_123323.jpg

Last edited:
My 54* S grind continues to perform as I had hoped. Very seamless transition from the Jaws MD5 C grind.

Who needs a wedge?

Any glare @OldandStiff after bluing?
Oh no. Looks pretty dull. I mean it'll shine in the perfect light, same as anything. I've always thought that was kind of nonsense. My rusty 54 was shining me the other day. And whatever you want to call this homemade finish is still miles from the chrome near the heel. I consider it a non issue.

I've only had one club I remember it kind of being an actual problem with.

Oh no. Looks pretty dull. I mean it'll shine in the perfect light, same as anything. I've always thought that was kind of nonsense. My rusty 54 was shining me the other day. And whatever you want to call this homemade finish is still miles from the chrome near the heel. I consider it a non issue.

I've only had one club I remember it kind of being an actual problem with.

This is just awesome!

Had maybe my best round with these today.

Having fun with little pitch shots with the 56° with the ball back in the stance and just try and fly it a little short and watch it check up quick.

With my apex black arriving today, it’s nearly time to semi-retire the 56*.
Will get a chance to play it with the MMT 105 today to see how I like that much weight in a wedge before I decide what to reshaft my 54/58 into, that will be the new gamers

Let's be honest, I'm not a ball striker by any stretch, but what Callaway has done with these wedges is unreal. I can ACTUALLY use a players wedge and feel CONFIDENT over the ball. I'm not going to pretend I know their secret formula here, but I'm so glad the use of AI and .R. made the JAWS Raw wedges. My top 5 for these wedges are:

1. Skid plate on leading edge (thank you)
2. Grinds, these sole grinds are just great. The turf interaction is game changing.
3. Weighting which changed CG & helps get wedge under the ball (thank you)
4. Grooves... holy cow spin machines (but very manageable)
5. Transition from hosel to club face. It just looks like a thing of art.

Normally the lack of offset and leading edge would have me running the other way as I'm not that skilled. After being selected as a tester and seeing just how good these wedges are I'm going to buy a full set!
Curious.. did you try the full toe version as well or just the standard raw?.. relatedly.. thanks to your peer pressure:).. i will get updated wedges.. but trying to decide if the full toe version is worth it.. or just stick with the 52, 56 and 60 raw those seem to have received good reviews.. the full toe benefit might not be that big a deal for me anyways.. but concept does sound interesting...

Curious.. did you try the full toe version as well or just the standard raw?.. relatedly.. thanks to your peer pressure:).. i will get updated wedges.. but trying to decide if the full toe version is worth it.. or just stick with the 52, 56 and 60 raw those seem to have received good reviews.. the full toe benefit might not be that big a deal for me anyways.. but concept does sound interesting...

So, the JAWS Raw doesn't come in a full toe. They are different wedges all together.

I'm not all that great at laying the face open, so since I had a spot in the bag I'm going to have a 60Z bent to 62*. This way I can get the benefits of higher loft while keeping the club face more square.

I highly recommend the JAWS Raw wedges unless you're a huge PM wedge kinda player. The JAWS Raw wedge is by far the best wedge Callaway has put on the market in a long time.

So, the JAWS Raw doesn't come in a full toe. They are different wedges all together.

I'm not all that great at laying the face open, so since I had a spot in the bag I'm going to have a 60Z bent to 62*. This way I can get the benefits of higher loft while keeping the club face more square.

I highly recommend the JAWS Raw wedges unless you're a huge PM wedge kinda player. The JAWS Raw wedge is by far the best wedge Callaway has put on the market in a long time.
Thnks for that input. think i'll go with the jaws raw 52 and 56 in S grind and 60 in W grind with 12 degrees of bounce.. The W grind sounds forgiving enough as well as helpful from bunnkers.. which tends to be my weakest area.. i've had W grinds before so am familiar with how it plays.

Should i also consider the lie for wedges too?,,, for my irons i play 2 degrees flat.. i'm 5'7'' and thats the fitting that works for me.. thanks!!

Should i also consider the lie for wedges too?,,, for my irons i play 2 degrees flat.. i'm 5'7'' and thats the fitting that works for me.. thanks!!

If you are already flat in your irons, you should 100% consider going flat for your wedges imo. Don't want the heel grabbing.

Back