tidy little grouping

Yes, I can't believe it! I've adjusted to these really well. Really now it's down to dialing in my o'clock positions for distance control.

I can't wait to put the 58Z in play tomorrow during a scramble!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these work for me at Dormie Club.

Ordering these tomorrow...

Chrome JAWS Raw 54W, MCA MMT 105 scoring wedge shaft

Chrome JAWS Raw 58Z, MCA MMT 105 scoring wedge shaft

Chrome JAWS Raw 60Z bent to 62*, MCA MMT 105 scoring wedge shaft

@Jman it's time for you to remove restraint 🤣🤣🤣

They'll be here soon....

The no-longer-Raws continue to kick butt out there. Which is great, because my swing is kind of falling apart from abuse. I really like the X grind. When it's a course with limited greenside bunkers, I lean towards the X. Pounded the the heck out of the 54S (hit the flag from 126 and chose it over the gap wedge on a couple) a few times today and the finish is holding up well. No regrets.

Last edited:
Which grind should I order for my 58° ?

it will be used mainly for greenside bunkersE1D09A6C-06A7-4A55-B0E7-ED0112A140DA.jpeg

Hit this against an MG3 yesterday and I do believe this is superior in just about every way, imo. Feel, shape, sole options, SPIN, it wasn’t really close.

So today I did not have a great outing with the 58Z. It was not the wedges fault it was mine. Today I tried some full swing shots from the thick stuff. That was not a good idea. I got through the thick stuff just fine, but I was so far under the ball it just went up high and not very far.

I learned some valuable lessons today in that regard. Just need more practice. Around the green and from the short grass it was awesome!

I can't wait for my 3 new wedges to arrive. I'll have the opportunity for lots of versatility with this new wedge set. My gapping was off between my set AW and the MD5 56W. I had considered the 50W as well to replace my Apex Pro AW, but I really like my AW.

I was at the range a couple nights ago and my cousin and uncle were calling targets and we competed to see who could hit them the closest. I was killing them when it came to wedge shots with the 58z raw grind. We finished with lob shots to see who could hit them the highest, land closest to a near pin, and get the most spin. We ran it back a few times but I won every round. This wedge is easy to hit high with spin!

I was at the range a couple nights ago and my cousin and uncle were calling targets and we competed to see who could hit them the closest. I was killing them when it came to wedge shots with the 58z raw grind. We finished with lob shots to see who could hit them the highest, land closest to a near pin, and get the most spin. We ran it back a few times but I won every round. This wedge is easy to hit high with spin!

Any Vokey loyalist switch to these?

Any Vokey loyalist switch to these?
@Jman was very recently using SM9s for a bit and I believe has, or is thinking very much about moving to these full time

Easy move? Better than vokey ?

I don’t know about better, but different.

I’ve hit some shots with the Jaws Raw that have really excited me. Feel like I can be a little more aggressive and the will check hard. I’ve also thinned a few over the green and not been happy.

I love the low bounce options in the Vokey especially in the hard tight desert lies. I’m more consistent.

I’d lean towards Jaws in softer conditions, I do wish they had a lower bounce in the 56° but that is probably rare. Still I’m excited for the potential of them. Still feel I need more time to really say which will be in the bag.

I don’t know how I ever struggled with this wedge. It’s perfection at this point. It’s also not rusting at all and I’m pretty pumped about it. Two more next year FOR SURE!

Back