Really enjoyed the adjustment to 62° on the z yesterday. Need some work on adjusting touch distances again but good move I think.

Just got back from playing golf this afternoon. The 58Z was amazing from 40yds in today!

Eh. Center face is overrated. ;)

It is with this wedge! So darn forgiving! Just get it pointed in the right direction and put a half way good swing on it and let the club do the rest!

Just checked ShotScope and I’m closer to the hole by 2 feet with the JAWS Raw over MD5, so that’s helping me with my putter numbers for sure.

Just checked ShotScope and I’m closer to the hole by 2 feet with the JAWS Raw over MD5, so that’s helping me with my putter numbers for sure.
That's BIG. That adds up.

D3E16AF1-3F1F-463C-92AA-DD35499D7BC6.jpeg
I can get used to these. (Yes I fixed my divot plus many more) First round out with a 54w and a 58z, took a little getting used to but these will be fantastic. Love the bite in them on nip shots around the green. The photo was a 55 yd partial shot that was for a tap in birdie on the 18th at league tonight. I’m definitely excited to do a side by side test vs the Full Toes as by the eye test these launch higher than the FT but I want numbers to back that up. The w is a fantastic sole that was quite fun on both full and partials today. Definitely want to practice some sand shots with it as it seems like a safety net in the trap with all that bounce.

Just a rangfinder and these wedges and I was all over the pins today. Just knocking 'em down. Boom, boom, boom. Lots of red. Lots of fun. Lots of love for them.

Updated review. I got a 50 degree a couple weeks ago and now that I've gotten some rust the spin has gone way up. I love this wedge.

So took my JR 54s and my 58 full toe to the practice area and put some work in. The way that S grind gets in and out is nothing short of amazing. Not that the full toe was bad by means but at times it just didnt feel as clean through impact. Oh and out of a wet sand, the 54s was really good there too, borderline automatic. Now Im contemplating picking up a JR 58, just not sure which grind yet.

I'll say this, they putt well too! :LOL:

I have this bad habit, based in confidence with the these, of not actually bringing my putter with me sometimes on a greenside miss on approach. Thanks to user error unexpected conditions and lies, it doesn't always work out perfectly to plan. Lol

I really don't think I lose much compared to having my putter though. I have a pretty extensive cleanup putt highlight reel at this point. Must be moi, or something. :p

Last edited:
Hit the most beautiful "Nipper/Chipper" in to a back pin location with my JAWS Raw 54*
Hit it about half way up and it roll right next to the green for a "Gimme" Par.
Just felt so good coming off the face!

1660739417003.png

Last edited:
The 50W is unreal around the greens. Few close bump and runs, one chip in yesterday.

Just picked up a 60z and will likely bend it to 58 to play at 6* bounce. Plan is to have that in dry firm conditions and swap it out for the full toe when its wet and soft.

Was ready to get the tester back out there after 12 straight days of work. Then the kid vomits. :LOL::(

Last edited:
The 60Z paid me back for breaking my heart on one the other day with 2 in the hole today. :D.

One of them came out. We all agree it went in the the hole, but ended up about 8 inches away from 85y. Wouldn't be denied from the sand though. Hopped and stopped one that trickled to the right and in from a greenside bunker not long after. I like it RAW!

Surprisingly my 56° is showing a streak of rust at the top. Got to get that off ASAP.

Anybody have an questions about the 58* Z grind?

Anybody have an questions about the 58* Z grind?
Have you come across any situations where whether for specific wedge or skill you thought something else might work better?

A little WD40 and now the rust is barely visible.

On another note these are really good out of the rough. Had a couple I went right at the pin and they just stuck.

Love to hear more from our testers on how these are working out including some grind details, etc.

For those testing, how would you compare these to the MD5’s?

Just recently picked up an MD5 in 56/8 C grind and pondering replacing my MacDaddy CB’s (52/12 and 60/12) with either the MD5’s or the new Raw wedges.

Thanks!

Edit to add: would like to go with the MD5’s in Tour Grey to match my 56 but looks like they are not available via Callaway site.

Last edited:
Snuck a little range time in today.

Trying to check gapping a bit between the 46* ptxpro and 54* zipcore.

The jaws raw really shows off workability and fighting. Comparing 3/4 shots the s-grind was pretty impressive getting through the turf. Going to get some more work there.

For those testing, how would you compare these to the MD5’s?

Just recently picked up an MD5 in 56/8 C grind and pondering replacing my MacDaddy CB’s (52/12 and 60/12) with either the MD5’s or the new Raw wedges.

Thanks!
Good question. Would love to hear from testers

Back