Callaway LD Spec drivers

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
@vgolfman tweeting the big dogs!

Who's thinking about going all BD? Wonder if any shops near me will carry them? 🤔
The LD Spec drivers are ALIVE! I tweeted out a Callaway Talks me and YoDNevs did on the subject as well. As always, I will do my best to answer any THP'ers questions. Be sure to tag me as I can't check the forums as often as I would like but I do have notifications on. Now go hit bombs!!!

Woah, this is pretty cool! Is this something that Callaway has offered in the past?

I think that Big Bertha head with a 47" shaft could be ridiculous.

I'd give them a whirl just to see what numbers I would get out of them, but I'd want all those stock shafts near so I could test and feel. I'm already under stock length now so it would be a change for sure, but more distance isn't a bad thing!

After researching shafts for a while, I think I need to try a BB21 with a Smoke IM10 50g R flex. 🍾💣💣

Thats cool. I want to try that velocity shaft..

After researching shafts for a while, I think I need to try a BB21 with a Smoke IM10 50g R flex. 🍾💣💣

The BB21 honestly could be incredibly filthy with this kind of set up.. Seriously straight bombs away..

Looks like it could be fun. But I'm going to pass.

The BB21 honestly could be incredibly filthy with this kind of set up.. Seriously straight bombs away..
With the gains from straightening out my slice and then this LD Spec, I might become a internet golfer and be hitting 300 yd. bombs all day!! 😉🤣🤣

Me too. BB21 with Blue Velocity

If there was ever a driver that could be swung with reckless abandon and be ok. It would be that...

I wish they offered lower lofts, say a 5* that you could get down to 3* by them correctly labeling a LH adapter right handed, lol.

I’ve known that trick for years and I either order Callaway Tipped shafts with LH adapters or have them installed. +2 is negative 2. Can at least get down to 7* then.

I’ll be watching for the right one to pop up on CPO in a year or two.

I wish they offered lower lofts, say a 5* that you could get down to 3* by them correctly labeling a LH adapter right handed, lol.

I’ve known that trick for years and I either order Callaway Tipped shafts with LH adapters or have them installed. +2 is negative 2. Can at least get down to 7* then.

I’ll be watching for the right one to pop up on CPO in a year or two.

1614652331504.png

Just noticed it looks like they're doing exactly that with the "Strong Cog" which will allow -2* loft reduction

Since buying my B21 I’ve only hit it on course for a quick 9 and now I see this!? Grahg, this is bitter sweet.

Speed..

It is! Interesting thread I had no idea Callaway was doing this but have just built my own “LD” BB21. 10.5 degree head with the strong adapter, Blue Small Batch EvenFlow Riptide CB 50g 6.0 shaft playing at 48“ & -2 N setting. I must say it’s a pretty slick looking set-up imo. I was actually going to butt trim to 47” but thought hey let’s blow a grip on it and go hit a few for fun. No trimming at all on the raw 46” comes out right at 48”.
Well it’s awesome and I am killing it with a long easy smooth tempo swing. Actually straighter than my 45” Maverick SZ. I think the CB shaft really helps when going long and the Riptide feels super smooth. Swing driver at 105ish and have an in to out clubpath but love the BB21. I think the marketing to high handicap “slicers” has skewed people’s perceptions of this driver including some rather competent fitters.

To me it’s an ultra forgiving lower spinning bomber. Well ”bombs” for me anyhow!

Anybody end up picking up one of these drivers? Been watching the LD competition in Mesquite and reminded me of these drivers. I think I've even spotted a couple guys using these drivers (Epic Speed + Paderson shaft). As @Smiter mentioned earlier, figured the lofts would be slightly too high for the super high swing-speed guys, but maybe at 7* they are able to make it work.

Back