Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Wedge Review

If getting used to new wedges is a courtship, I am ready to break things off with my MD2 wedges. Just not for me.

Switching to the MD2 Tour grind wedges was the best decision for my short game. I practice sometimes on some sandy ranges and my oval grooves have worn off about about 10 rounds and a handful of range sessions. I noticed the first range session/round they started coming off but since they are designed to it doesn't bother me.

Its always nice to find wedges that work for you. Thats great CW.

Lol. I know what you mean

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So my short time with the Tour Grind Wedges did not pan out and I put the 55 s grind and 60 u back in the bag today and I was so happy I did. Absolutely love the u grind out of the sand and rough.

I had the slate finish and sanded and polished the state finish off and then soaked them club soda overnight. Perfection.

7d726e3987eab810566ffd20eb46acb7.jpg

659a181d4fd24c4c3c9f81bf20c30e1f.jpg

What do you feel was the difference in the two?

What do you feel was the difference in the two?

Wedges are very personal, so this is my experience:

- Leading edge of Tour Grinds was sharper, which led to more digging for me. The standard MD2 and U Grind worked better for me
- Liked the bounce versatility of the U grind compared to the Tour Grind - the U grind worked better for me out of the sand and it wasnt even close
- probably a mental thing, but the Standard and U grind feel heavier than the Tour Grinds. Don't know why, but they do - same exact shaft.

Last edited:
Callaway preowned has these for 69.99 in like new condition. Has me thinking of pulling the plug on atleast one wedge to try.

Only complaint as of now is hoe much the chrome finish glares when you open it up in the sunlight.
So the chrome glares a lot?

So the chrome glares a lot?

No. Its a satin finish so it will not glare like a polished finish (scor), but it is still a lighter finish so some light will be reflected. I mentioned it in both this very MD2 review as well as the MD2 T-Grind review that I play in a lot of overhead sun and opening it up there has never been a major issue for me.

No. Its a satin finish so it will not glare like a polished finish (scor), but it is still a lighter finish so some light will be reflected. I mentioned it in both this very MD2 review as well as the MD2 T-Grind review that I play in a lot of overhead sun and opening it up there has never been a major issue for me.

Thanks. I'm gonna go look before I buy as idk if I'd like the rusting of the slate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415215597.779343.jpgjust got these from callaway preowned. They look brand new. One shaft is marked S300 the other wedge. I remember reading though that they were the same shaft.

Picked up a nearly new 56/10s at a demo sale for $50. Played 2 rounds with it so far and it is a pin seeker! A really good wedge from tight lies, rough and even the sand. I'm loving it so far.

Looking to pick up a few of these to try. Can anybody tell me the difference if they played the Mack Daddy 2 tour grind compared to MD3? Also any clue or information on what the shaft tip size would be going into these parallel? Tapered?

Back