Callaway making a "whiter" ball?

Graz

Husker Pride Nation Wide
Reaction score
Handicap
While putting with a Callaway tour Ix, a Bridgestone B330 Rx and a Bridgestone E5+ the other day on the putting green I noticed the Callaway ball was less white than the Bridgestone balls. While paying a visit to my local Golf Galaxy I asked them what was the news on the new Callaway stuff and one of the things mentioned was that they were making the Tour I and Tour Ix balls "whiter". Apparently some people were put off by the slightly less white color of the current ball. I am picky and o.c.d. but I never knew people would actually be concerned about shades of white. I found this news somewhat entertaining.

ProV1s are darker than other Titleist balls as well. They look dirty to me.

While putting with a Callaway tour Ix, a Bridgestone B330 Rx and a Bridgestone E5+ the other day on the putting green I noticed the Callaway ball was less white than the Bridgestone balls. While paying a visit to my local Golf Galaxy I asked them what was the news on the new Callaway stuff and one of the things mentioned was that they were making the Tour I and Tour Ix balls "whiter". Apparently some people were put off by the slightly less white color of the current ball. I am picky and o.c.d. but I never knew people would actually be concerned about shades of white. I found this news somewhat entertaining.

They are a little harder to find in tall grass, shade or late in the day. They are also harder to follow off the tee, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can see why some people would want them to be whiter.

I sure hope they are changing the dye color early in the manufacturing process and not just painting another coat on the balls after the fact. Such an act could really alter the dimple depth which directly affects aerodynamic consistency. That is why used golf balls are such a bad choice for your game. They are often times repainted to make them look newer and that totally changes the intended aerodynamic properties of the ball.

Back