Callaway maverik conforming list pics

The driver may be good but a terrible name. Product Placement for Top Gun?

Looks like a Rogue sequel to me which is fine. Hopefully it is lower spinning than the Rogue. Also it somewhat appears that there is no adjustable hosel???
I just looked - the driver is definitely adjustable but the FW doesn't appear to have any adjustment - that's a real bummer.

I would like the way it looks more if it was, but no. it is more of a burnt orange and black. The top is more matte than gloss.
Really trying to get that custom shop going I guess ?

The driver may be good but a terrible name. Product Placement for Top Gun?

Why is it a terrible name?
I like that they went outside of the box with the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it a terrible name?
I like that they went outside of the box with the name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name was originally a code name used by the R&D team. They have been using top gun references as project code names. They decided to actually run with this one as the actual product name.

While not directly related to these USGA photos, I think this kind of thing points out how smart Cobra has been with their last two driver launches.

Have an intentional product launch event with some relatively limited information before the USGA photos start showing up. That way you get to decide what and how much of the story comes out when folks see the product for the first time.

That makes a lot more sense to me than the "we know you basement dwelling die-hards have seen some black and white photos of the bottom of the club, but we're going to deny it exists for another 6 weeks" thing. ?

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing the tech story here. It would take something super cool to get me to move on from the green & gold in my bag though.

I'm glad to finally see some pictures!!

Wondering if a few guys will be able to hit something like this in Cali this week.
That was my first thought, I have a feeling we may get some info, even with ghost pictures and NDAs, we can usually hear the excitement from the tones of people's posts from #TheGrandaddy

While not directly related to these USGA photos, I think this kind of thing points out how smart Cobra has been with their last two driver launches.

Have an intentional product launch event with some relatively limited information before the USGA photos start showing up. That way you get to decide what and how much of the story comes out when folks see the product for the first time.

That makes a lot more sense to me than the "we know you basement dwelling die-hards have seen some black and white photos of the bottom of the club, but we're going to deny it exists for another 6 weeks" thing. ?

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing the tech story here. It would take something super cool to get me to move on from the green & gold in my bag though.

Hey, who you calling a basement dweller??? That cuts deep man. Real deep...

The name is off-putting toward my OCD tendencies. If my current driver was called Epik Flashh, I am not sure I could play it. But if it is good, I might be able to overlook it ;)

Hey, who you calling a basement dweller??? That cuts deep man. Real deep...

When at the Grandaddy two years ago the topic of these USGA photos came up, and that's basically what Harry said about those of us who look for these things.

I'm right there with you man. The basement can be a really nice place! :D

The name does not bother me at all i will be trying this out. Not sure i dig the color combo but i am not looking at the bottom of the club anyway!

When at the Grandaddy two years ago the topic of these USGA photos came up, and that's basically what Harry said about those of us who look for these things.

I'm right there with you man. The basement can be a really nice place! :D

Well Harry just needs to understand and be happy there are individuals out there that are this crazy.. it keeps him employed. Or at least did....

So no <Redacted> this year...

Best news of the day.

Pictures of the drivers have already been out there before they were on the USGA list. If you are a Clemson or a Syracuse fan, you will be happy with the accent colors on the sole of the driver.

I'm more curious as to whether this line is simply a replacement for the Rogue line (note that there is not an adjustable hosel on the fairways and no sliding weight on the driver) or something more is going on with this.

I would buzz so many
Well Harry just needs to understand and be happy there are individuals out there that are this crazy.. it keeps him employed. Or at least did....

it was meant as a term of endearment, not in an insulting manner in anyway

I would buzz so many

it was meant as a term of endearment, not in an insulting manner in anyway

Got it. feeling warm and fuzzy now.

This seems to align with their recent cycles, and it will be a rogue replacement and compliment the Epic line.

I don't hate the look or the reported burnt orange color scheme, but I don't love it either. Not a huge fan of the name as it sounds a bit gimmicky. I will hold final judgement until I can see it in person.

Now if they come out with a putter named "Goose", i'm all in!

This is the 3rd driver line with a movie tie in to the name - Rogue, Flash and Mavrck. Coincidence?

The accent colors aren't my favorites.

I am expecting a new Flash Face story to be told with this driver. I look forward to hearing about it.

This is the 3rd driver line with a movie tie in to the name - Rogue, Flash and Mavrck. Coincidence?

The accent colors aren't my favorites.

I am expecting a new Flash Face story to be told with this driver. I look forward to hearing about it.
That story is a different type of titanium.

I know this thread is OK to be up but I really hate the timing of it with the Grandaddy starting today.

So no this year...

this is where I’m at also. luckily we’ll have content directly from Callaway and better pictures to share

Eh same thing has happened in years past, including last year with the flash. Even though it was *redacted* everyone knew what the drivers were when they hit the list on December 3rd. So the timing isn't really anything new.

I had an opportunity to get the entire 2020 line in my hands yesterday and the drivers are pretty impressive. They look great! I am pretty sure I will find a new SZ in my bag next year.

Thats all I will say.

Also I prefer the attic. I’m more of an attic dweller.

Back