Callaway maverik conforming list pics

That’s a story.

Well, obviously Paul Harvey has not chimed in yet, but from what I understand that is a big deal.

Sorry mods...

Saw it out there and thought it was ok to share.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic.. Interesting color choice as the stock model... I am sure they will have it up on callaway customs though so that's not a big deal. The big deal is if it works and is a big enough upgrade over the Flash that I have currently for me to make the move.

Thanks for the pic.. Interesting color choice as the stock model... I am sure they will have it up on callaway customs though so that's not a big deal. The big deal is if it works and is a big enough upgrade over the Flash that I have currently for me to make the move.

The Epic, Rogue, and Flash colors were all terrible too. I think they do that on purpose to try and get you to spend money on the custom color options.

The Epic, Rogue, and Flash colors were all terrible too. I think they do that on purpose to try and get you to spend money on the custom color options.

Never said it was terrible but color is a personal choice. I would say greens and blues are more widely popular than Orange. This is a much bolder decision and yes will most likely add to more custom color purchases IMO

According to Callaway on Twitter(so it must be real) this one is coming 2020! Get ready.

I know ever one is different but honestly I buy products based on performance not looks. I know others are different and care how it looks. If it works for me I’ll be buying one.

While not directly related to these USGA photos, I think this kind of thing points out how smart Cobra has been with their last two driver launches.

Have an intentional product launch event with some relatively limited information before the USGA photos start showing up. That way you get to decide what and how much of the story comes out when folks see the product for the first time.

That makes a lot more sense to me than the "we know you basement dwelling die-hards have seen some black and white photos of the bottom of the club, but we're going to deny it exists for another 6 weeks" thing. ?

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing the tech story here. It would take something super cool to get me to move on from the green & gold in my bag though.
When at the Grandaddy two years ago the topic of these USGA photos came up, and that's basically what Harry said about those of us who look for these things.

I'm right there with you man. The basement can be a really nice place! :D

this is not the way it was explained to us at the grandaddy last week. the release hits the usga conforming list at a very intentional time. it is all part of a cadence that is very meticulous and planned. leaks happen and they hate it (hence the nda we all have to sign), but something like the usga list is necessary when you have a visible player, perhaps on a tour, about to put one in play. hits list, interest piqued. see it in a bag, flames are fanned. keep it rolling until embargo date and pre-orders. one could argue this methodology works better than any other, with the proof being the sales and market share.

Pretty sure Xander had it in play during day one of Presidents Cup action. The orange was hard to miss.

Back