Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Played the standard Mav for 9 at -1/D and it was better, but something still isn’t clicking for me despite all the efforts.
Maybe time to try a different shaft in it?

Maybe time to try a different shaft in it?
I’d rather not since the driver which wins will be getting my custom small batch experience build which is a tweaked riptide. Plus, I’m hitting every driver with the exact same setup, swing weight, length, flex, etc as is.

i think I need to test the D setting this weekend, still fighting a bit of the right push and hoping it might help

Played the standard Mav for 9 at -1/D and it was better, but something still isn’t clicking for me despite all the efforts.
Is it the loft? I know you mentioned wishing it was a 9 degree head. I know, personally, I'd much rather have the static loft be my desired number vs adjusting the hosel to change the effective loft.

Is it the loft? I know you mentioned wishing it was a 9 degree head. I know, personally, I'd much rather have the static loft be my desired number vs adjusting the hosel to change the effective loft.
Nope. It’s a great head, as is the Max I have, I just think they’re potentially not better for me than what I’m used to.

More efforts will be given, but again this isn’t a retraction on the Mavrik’s.

Where is it missing for you? Distance? Dispersion? Both?

Yep. What other courses do u recommend from the area?
My home course is Philip J Rotella. It is usually in pretty good shape. Spook Rock is a good one when the conditions are good. Great layout.

Well....maybe hard to ignore a nice price drop like this!

Well....maybe hard to ignore a nice price drop like this!

And it will be nation wide, so Budget Golf might be able to stack THP Coupon...Not sure on that though.

And it will be nation wide, so Budget Golf might be able to stack THP Coupon...Not sure on that though.
Cripes! If that is the case...def buying a fw.
Also, those limited USA driver models at $599 are also only $349 now.

SZ with Stock Riptide continues to be a great fit. Had a few shafts to try out last night (Diamana DF and HZRDUS Red) and Riptide just works for me.

DF was too low and Red too high for my swing in the SZ where the Riptide provides just the right amount of launch and spin with the SZ head.

Rain the next few days so no golf most likely until the weekend.

After some range time this weekend, I think I've settled on the HZRDUS Yellow. Hit it with the Riptide and a Synergy which I could play either of no issue, just like the Yellow better. Also cranked it up to 10˚, which looked great hitting range rocks but may be a touch high on the course. Going to keep an eye on it and see how it plays out. Regardless had a great day on Tuesday with the Mavrik. Looks like it's time to move the Epic Flash to the bay to fund my summer ponders.

Playing tomorrow! Will have been 13 days since my last round. Weather really turned on us here the past couple weeks. Can't wait for the first tee to drop a bomb with this club!

Tee time set for Sunday. So stoked to get another round in and will be tracking distance on every driving hole to confirm what my eyes have been telling me... that this thing is as long or longer than my M5.

I’m struggling to find something negative about the Mavrik driver. Mishits are better than my previous driver in that spin doesn’t spike up on low hits which is giving me more distance. Shots hit anywhere near the center of the face are pure bliss. And to top it off I had my first ever albatross going Marvik driver/ Mavrik 3 wood on the 560 yard par 5 first hole of Sandpiper Golf Club. It was an awesome way to kick off a round!

I’m struggling to find something negative about the Mavrik driver. Mishits are better than my previous driver in that spin doesn’t spike up on low hits which is giving me more distance. Shots hit anywhere near the center of the face are pure bliss. And to top it off I had my first ever albatross going Marvik driver/ Mavrik 3 wood on the 560 yard par 5 first hole of Sandpiper Golf Club. It was an awesome way to kick off a round!
Congrats on the Albatross!!!!!!!!!! Love my Mav also!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Very happy with the Mav SZ Ventus combo. Checks all the boxes. Hit it quite well today.

This might be the most overlooked part of this driver I have seen in any release this year. Low on the face doesnt seem to jolt as much as just about everything else.

This might be the most overlooked part of this driver I have seen in any release this year. Low on the face doesnt seem to jolt as much as just about everything else.
I still remember a video from a Japanese review. The look on the guys face when they had mishits. I find it to be a lot more consistent across the face than any other driver I have tried in recent memory.

Going with a known commodity for my next few rounds.

1589490692112.jpeg

Going with a known commodity for my next few rounds.

View attachment 8943175

A thing of beauty...

Its kind of crazy when you take a step outside of the box in this crazy world and realize what that **** symbolizes. You are playing a driver from a trip that was paid for at a course that is God like, with a shaft in it that you rolled yourself.

WTF is happening here haha.

A thing of beauty...

Its kind of crazy when you take a step outside of the box in this crazy world and realize what that **** symbolizes. You are playing a driver from a trip that was paid for at a course that is God like, with a shaft in it that you rolled yourself.

WTF is happening here haha.

Yeah, for me it symbolizes what THP is about and how special it can be if you learn to follow rule #1.

Sub Zero was working today. I just absolutely love the neutrality of that head. I have a SIM waiting to take out, and days like today make me not even want to try it. Workable all day and I just can't see how with my swing and SS that anything could really perform any better. I had to slow down towards the end, but still averaged 285 total and the efficiency in that number just blows my mind. More with less is going to be my Mavrik mantra.

I swapped shafts tonight and put the Speeder 565 stiff into the Max head. Made for a nice combo and got me back to a straight or baby fade drive. 5/7 fairways and had one drive that I must of caught the sweet spot and hit 262. :) Only played 9, but will keep it in for this weekend and see how it does.

First round of the year today with Mavrik... last time I hit this stick was was February on new club delivery day. Today I did not hit it until the tight course opened up on #10, and immediately striped two in a row, literally. (Playing two balls all day.) Tight draws medium flight dead square out of the center. Hit it on three other holes and managed to shape fades to the hole when desired which is dangerous and desirable territory for me. Very impressed and confidence inspiring. Playing Mavrik at 9 (+1 N) with Riptide 60 6.0 from Gold tees @ 405 yds.

Two stripes - one pink, one orange 👀
B00D6856-F97F-4D85-AF4B-AD3B60B5FB98.jpeg5842D17E-8206-4B67-B756-8052AC5D0A5B.jpeg
IMG_6066 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back