Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I sold my Ping G400 Max this morning, that's how much I like my Mavrik standard.
I sold mine off too. Its hard to let go. My condolences....but its in a better place now. Bless you...

It was crazy how many guys from the GD team were playing the G400 Max before the event, myself included. I loved that driver but I have no regrets selling it either. I’ve never been happier with a driver.

Have the majority of the team changed to the standard of Max Mavrik when changing from the G400 Max?

Amazing day with the standard Mavrik and Ventus Black 6x. Not sure how they can approve on these drivers.

So the Max was pretty darn good. I think it might be the most forgiving driver I have hit lower on the face.

Took the Mavrik SZ out to the course for the first time today. My swing was crap, this was the first round of the year for me. SZ still performed nicely. Solid hits were very good but the better part was my poor strikes (which there were a lot of) were almost all in play. I think I only had one drive that was so bad it was out of play, but that was my fault not the club. Overall, pretty impressed for the first time out.

Today wasn’t a bad or good day for the Mavrik SZ.
For the first time since putting this driver in my bag, my FIR was under 64%, at 57%.

My swing was out of sorts, but the distance retained on all the mishits was still great.

I hit one bomb of note on the 7th, of 303 yards.

Played Friday and today. Friday was extremely forgettable. Didn't play well in any way shape it form. Swing felt off, body felt slow.

Today was a lot better. Aside from a couple bad holes, I played pretty well. This new course I'm at is much much tighter than the last one I was a member at. It's been a learning curve having to shape tee shots so often. Not being able to just unleash on a drive because miss equals double bogey.

I'm settling into this draw and am loving it as a stock shot. I want in fire off the tee. But, I was in play in every hole other than one. I hit 3 drives dead off the heel. All 3 of them were low baby fades. All three in play.

I caught a couple out towards the toe a little bit. The toe miss is insanely forgiving for me with the Mavrik. Hell, I don't even know if it cost me any yards.

Highlight drive of the day. A shorter par 5. It can afford to be that shirt because it's insanely tight. You miss left, you hit a dike and you're in someone's yards. You hit it right and you're in the river. Big dip in the fairway that leaves you a blind approach should you try to hit a driver off the tee. Apparently, the hole is a lot easier if you just fly all of that junk. Hit a 340 yard bomb. Had 125 left to the pin. Hit a nice easy wedge in there. Lipped out what would have been my first albatross. Slid the eagle putt by the hole, but had an easy birdie that all started because the Mavrik is a bad mother******.

I love this club. It's got the characteristics of a high speed, low spin, distance monster. But, all sorts if forgiveness to keep you in the game when you're swing isn't 100%.

Another really good day with the Mavrik SZ, 57% FIR.

Some examples: (Yellow Tees)

55B33E1C-2270-43B0-833A-105B87D3BBD4.jpeg
Decent drive on the 1st led to Birdie.

597C5DDE-FB2D-4835-943B-680868E075C9.jpeg
This drive on the 6th, was a heel side miss. Decent distance from a miss.

E10D486F-B6D0-43B3-9C42-E8EEB1003DB0.jpeg

Best Drive of the day was here on the 7th, 279 yards was the longest drive that stayed in play.

I hit a drive on the 5th that went through the fairway and into the Hazard. It is 281 yards to the front of the hazard from the Tee Box that we play.

This driver is long, when hit on the screws.

I keep carrying 2 drivers. I keep only ever pulling 1. Doesn't matter the hole, or the conditions. The Mavrik SZ just keeps getting it done.

After some time on the range with various shafts, the Riptide won out. On the course, I went 5 for 8 (many holes require less than driver at my home course), with 2 of those just off the fairway, and only one where I fell out of the shot. Set to -1/N, ball flight was tiny cuts, and down the middle of the fairway, avg 240 according to Garmin.

I have some work to do to improve my iron/wedge play, but feel much much more confident off of the tee than I did earlier in the year.

I just missed 4 fairways in the first cut today. I can't remember the last time I hit 8 out of 12 with my driver. The other two were 3 Hyb off the tee. Im loving this Mavrik.

I sold my Ping G400 Max this morning, that's how much I like my Mavrik standard.
Smart decision!

Had my father in law hit it yesterday, if he wasn't such a Titleist homer, I think he would have bought one on the spot!

Definitely didn't have my best day on the course this weekend, but found another gear with the Mavrik on a few holes, with a good run all around other than two holes where I just got quick and hooked it. Other than those two holes, the fairways I missed with driver were because I was guarding against the other side. Also saw the first returns of a slight draw, which I haven't seen since sometime last summer. I'm officially converted.

The f2 recoil shaft I ordered came today and I put it on my new Mavrik Max. Only hit 35 balls but distance looks good and dispersion seems consistent with what I’ve read. Going to try it Wednesday in our first tournament since the “plague” began.

I've been able to play at least somewhat consistently over the last few weeks and I've come to the firm conclusion that the Mavrik SZ is the most forgiving driver I've ever played (yes, the SZ). My driver swing has been spotty at best lately, but even when it's been off, I have still seen distance that I would have been thrilled with last year with the Epic Flash SZ. The toe in particular seems to be forgiving--I had two drives in my last couple of rounds where I essentially turned away in disgust because the contact was so bad and both ended up in places that I would consider better than average for me on those particular holes.

Got out and played today. I pulled driver on 10 shots. 5 were in the fairway, 3 were just off the fairway and 2 were in fairway bunkers. This is my first round using the standard Mavrik, and I do have to say it seems to be much easier to control than most I've tried. So far, so good.

Mavrik Standard 9*, set at +1 N with a Paderson Launch TP 65+ shaft in D30 at 45". I changed out the head weight to a 10g weight to bring the SW up to D3.

Great day this past Sunday with the Std Mav -1/D. Only hit 50% of the fairways but I was keeping very accurate track so if it missed by a couple yards, I didn't count it. Great distance on the shots I tracked. Measured drives of 261, 271, 271, 296, 249, 282, 282. The 249 got hung up in deeper rough. This thing feels better every time I play.

Don't forget MAVRIK fans, only a couple of more days left to enter to win the all expenses paid trip, club fitting and full bag of clubs from Callaway and THP.

The Mavrik haunts me.

Don't forget MAVRIK fans, only a couple of more days left to enter to win the all expenses paid trip, club fitting and full bag of clubs from Callaway and THP.
I am just trying to wrap my head around how they could possibly improve on this for their next release 🔥🔥🔥

If there is a company that can, it's Callaway!

I am just trying to wrap my head around how they could possibly improve on this for their next release 🔥🔥🔥

If there is a company that can, it's Callaway!
Go faster stripes :D

Hi! Just got new a Mavrik driver! Dumb question but do the weight adjustments just tighten until snug or do they snap-lock like hosel? Anyone ever had one come loose or lost?

Hi! Just got new a Mavrik driver! Dumb question but do the weight adjustments just tighten until snug or do they snap-lock like hosel? Anyone ever had one come loose or lost?
Use the wrench and when it clicks it is tight. Never had one come loose at all.

Back