Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I really like the shaft change to stiff. It seems easier to control the club face. I'm not ready to go more than 80% with it, but I seem to keep it in the fairway. I won't be getting a new driver for a few years.

This is where I am at. I honestly have no business shopping for a new driver next season. Nothing to gain. Other than the new and shiny factor, it's just going to be a lateral move.

Probably have a couple more rounds before it's done. But, I'll have like 6 months to mull it over, lol
6 months is a long time for people like us to talk ourselves into things LOL!

Been hitting the Mavrik Max really well particularly since as Snickerdog said he did i started teeing it up little higher. If i miss right its a bad swing that i dont think any club could help. Now im wondering what the next generation of the Mavrik Max will bring and if they will be able to incorporate the lower spin technology of the B21 into the Mavrik Max without giving up forgiveness.

This is where I am at. I honestly have no business shopping for a new driver next season. Nothing to gain. Other than the new and shiny factor, it's just going to be a lateral move.

Probably have a couple more rounds before it's done. But, I'll have like 6 months to mull it over, lol

I agree with you. I have not posted a ton in this thread, but the Mavrik Std has been a reliable, easy to hit beast for me all year. My swing has been off and on, and with it so goes direction, but never once has there been a lack of getting out of it what I put into it. Trajectory has been powerful and consistent all season, and its easy to flight up or down, and shape right or left.

I love Callaway drivers, over the years I they have always appealed to me and worked well. The Mav Std has been the best of the bunch. I looked at a BB21 at the golf store a couple days ago, and TBH, I wasn't even interested in hitting it (so I didn't!). Riptide stock shaft has been a gem as well.

I agree with you. I have not posted a ton in this thread, but the Mavrik Std has been a reliable, easy to hit beast for me all year. My swing has been off and on, and with it so goes direction, but never once has there been a lack of getting out of it what I put into it. Trajectory has been powerful and consistent all season, and its easy to flight up or down, and shape right or left.

I love Callaway drivers, over the years I they have always appealed to me and worked well. The Mav Std has been the best of the bunch. I looked at a BB21 at the golf store a couple days ago, and TBH, I wasn't even interested in hitting it (so I didn't!). Riptide stock shaft has been a gem as well.

“Powerful” is a great description for what I’m experiencing too. Just love the ball flight.

Not my best day with the driver, but I tested forgiveness. I only hit 8 fairways so there were several tee shots where I felt like i didn’t deserve the outcome I got distance wise. I can’t say from a yardage perspective what it saved me but getting 230-240 on horrible strokes tells me all I need to know about the forgiveness.

on 18 I managed to settle down and hit a nice draw to finish the day strong

16D342C1-7AB0-4024-A86D-73F55321902C.jpeg

Going to be 41° tomorrow when I tee off with the Mavrik Max for the first time. Bombs won’t be as bomby until the dew clears 😒

Not my best day with the driver, but I tested forgiveness. I only hit 8 fairways so there were several tee shots where I felt like i didn’t deserve the outcome I got distance wise. I can’t say from a yardage perspective what it saved me but getting 230-240 on horrible strokes tells me all I need to know about the forgiveness.

on 18 I managed to settle down and hit a nice draw to finish the day strong

Great drive! Eff that hole!!! The GCOH short game area is something else though. Been going out there more during the week and it is well worth the 30-minute drive since nothing else in the city comes close.

Great drive! Eff that hole!!! The GCOH short game area is something else though. Been going out there more during the week and it is well worth the 30-minute drive since nothing else in the city comes close.
If I was close I’d be out there practicing all the time. Love the practice area. Course is in good shape too.

Time to break out the cart cover and heater if you are riding. Mine are ready to go.
I was planning shorts and a polo to prove I was tougher than my brother-in-law, with my backup plan being an early morning beer jacket. However, on second thought your idea sounds like much better golf! I’ll have to settle for layering and winter gloves until the morning fog burns off.

10 of 14 fairways today with the driver. This driver will slice but that was a me swing not the driver. Paired with the Blue Ventus it has a nice penetrating ball flight.

It was 100% a game changer for me this season, and it’s nice knowing that as this season is coming to a close it’ll be the first time in a long time that I have no intentions of changing any metal woods out for something new over the winter. Might play around with different shaft lengths or profiles but the Mavrik head(s) aren’t going anywhere.

First round with the Mavrik Max was a limited success. I had some weird stuff going on. Almost all of my misses were left, which is an improvement. No real sense of distance because it was in the 40’s and the few hadn’t burned off before we were done! I really only got ahold of a couple, but one of them cut a corner over a bunker and put me in a great spot I’ve never been before! No drivers OB or way offline into hazards so I think there’s endless possibility here.

First round with the Mavrik Max was a limited success. I had some weird stuff going on. Almost all of my misses were left, which is an improvement. No real sense of distance because it was in the 40’s and the few hadn’t burned off before we were done! I really only got ahold of a couple, but one of them cut a corner over a bunker and put me in a great spot I’ve never been before! No drivers OB or way offline into hazards so I think there’s endless possibility here.
I was starting to do that and some weight swapping helped out quite a bit. I moved the heavy weight to the back and it’s been awesome.

I was starting to do that and some weight swapping helped out quite a bit. I moved the heavy weight to the back and it’s been awesome.
I did put the heavy weight in the back. I was being polite and trying not to hurt my feelings. By missing left, what I actually meant was snap hooks :LOL: there was something going on that no driver can fix! But this course has some tight landing areas and I didn’t take any penalties with the driver, which was a dramatic improvement from my last round.

I did put the heavy weight in the back. I was being polite and trying not to hurt my feelings. By missing left, what I actually meant was snap hooks :LOL: there was something going on that no driver can fix! But this course has some tight landing areas and I didn’t take any penalties with the driver, which was a dramatic improvement from my last round.
I did that too. :). I found that as I got more comfortable with them I had way more misses left after being a habitual slicer. My grip had been so strong to fight the slice, that as I improved and the club just was designed better overall I was able to slightly weaken my grip and get better output

Last edited:
I did that too. :). I found that as I got more comfortable with them I had way more misses left after being a habitual slicer. My grip had been so strong to fight the slice as I improved
And the club just was designed better overall I was able to slight weak my grip and get better output
I like the sound of that!

i’m itching to get the mav max back on the course. the last couple range sessions with a heavier focus on applying lessons to the driver specifically might have really unlocked this driver for me. head to head against another driver i’ve really enjoyed in the past, the mav max outclassed it in every eye test i could think of. i’m hoping this translates to the course!

I’m hitting my standard Mavrik sooo high. I’m finding my divots on the fairway. Just epoxied together the EvenFlow White 65 X and a Callaway adapter to see if I can bring her down a bit. That shaft on my 3 wood is crazy my good and gives a nice ball flight. Hoping for the same with the driver. Hopefully the head doesn’t end up twisting 45 degrees like on my last epoxy job. In my defense I didn’t know you had to rough up the inside of the adapter at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gotten used to the 45.5 length of the Mavrik but this is the first driver that I have played that long. I was playing a short course this weekend and choked down an inch or so and hit some great drives. I could cut it down but I do not mind the extra length above my hands and swing weight is spot on right now. The sound of the Std. Mavrik is still the best I have ever heard.

45” is definitely the sweet spot. If I’m not mistaken a stock Mavrik is 45 3/4”. I’d encourage you to cut the excess length and throw some leaf tape on her.

Looking forward to your driver feedback as I as well play an Epic Flash SZ and with demoing almost nonexistent up here, I am not sure if the Mavrik SZ or the standard is for me. Typically I am a high spin player which is why I was fit into the SZ although it was indoors and I don’t hit sh** indoors very well.

So I’ve still been struggling with the drivers. The Mavrik feels so good but I hit it ridiculously high and still fade the ball a bit. The Epic SZ still gives me that nice draw but I feel like the Mavrik what I need. I’m going to put in an Even Flow White and see if that can bring the ball flight down so I can get some roll. I’ll try and report back. I have rounds this Friday and Sunday.

45” is definitely the sweet spot. If I’m not mistaken a stock Mavrik is 45 3/4”. I’d encourage you to cut the excess length and throw some leaf tape on her.

I had mine cut a half inch to 45 1/4. It just feels better not having to be so far away from the ball. I don’t think I have played standard length in any driver.

My last three rounds out I've actually been given compliments on my driving with the Mavrik. It's kind of a nice feeling not wanting to throw my driver in a pond after hitting my tee shots lately.

My last three rounds out I've actually been given compliments on my driving with the Mavrik. It's kind of a nice feeling not wanting to throw my driver in a pond after hitting my tee shots lately.

a subtle but appreciated difference between "man that's a good looking driver" to "man that's a good looking drive"

Back