Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I've got an elements gold and Coool I want to try. The Ventus line has been trying to keep that from happening.

The Coool was too high launching for me when I tried it, but it definitely works for a lot of people. I want to try the Ventus line as well, just not sure I'm willing to pay $350 for a demo...

The Coool was too high launching for me when I tried it, but it definitely works for a lot of people. I want to try the Ventus line as well, just not sure I'm willing to pay $350 for a demo...

What weight and flex in the Coool?

I've got an elements gold and Coool I want to try. The Ventus line has been trying to keep that from happening.
Your 10.5 Triple Diamond with a Ventus Blue 7S is something I would like to try.

Now to get it re-gripped. Maybe get to hit it Friday.
Looks like not. Club I received was obviously mis-classified :( My guy, upon my description of its condition, said "That doesn't sound like even Very Good, but maybe Good." So they're going to do a no-charge swap for me once they get another Like New in stock.

Kind of disappointing, but not a big deal. Most I was going to do was hit the driving range with it, until spring, anyway, and I should have plenty of opportunity to do that in the near future. I'm not swinging my driver well, atm, anyway.

Props to Callaway for stepping up to the tee and making things right, though. Anybody can sell you stuff. The mark of a good vendor is how they handle things when things go wrongly, and things will go wrongly from time-to-time.

Your 10.5 Triple Diamond with a Ventus Blue 7S is something I would like to try.

It’s super nice with the Ventus Black

My own personal opinion: I don't think an expensive shaft is going to make that much difference, if at all, for most golfers.
I'll go a step further and say the stock shafts are plenty sufficient for 80% of golfers.

Looks like not. Club I received was obviously mis-classified :( My guy, upon my description of its condition, said "That doesn't sound like even Very Good, but maybe Good." So they're going to do a no-charge swap for me once they get another Like New in stock.

Kind of disappointing, but not a big deal. Most I was going to do was hit the driving range with it, until spring, anyway, and I should have plenty of opportunity to do that in the near future. I'm not swinging my driver well, atm, anyway.

Props to Callaway for stepping up to the tee and making things right, though. Anybody can sell you stuff. The mark of a good vendor is how they handle things when things go wrongly, and things will go wrongly from time-to-time.
Callaway's customer service is awesome. They have a longstanding reputation for it, and have always come through for me.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the driver when you get to hit it!

Callaway's customer service is awesome. They have a longstanding reputation for it, and have always come through for me.
I knew that, from reading here. I also knew that Callaway Pre-Owned tends to under-estimate the condition of their goods. So, despite the fact I knew my guy is swamped atm, I pretty much felt I had to bring this to his attention.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the driver when you get to hit it!
I'm pretty anxious, myself :) In the meantime: I think on Black Friday I'll head over to the range and hit my X2 Hot to see if I can't diagnose my swing issues so when I get the Max I can actually, y'know, hit something with it :ROFLMAO:

The Mavrik is my favorite driver head EVER! And that’s after falling in love with the standard head and previously loving the EF SZ and the Ping G400 Max.

Brought of the Mav Stadard Attas combo the other day in the 40 degree weather and put an ERC soft in play just because it was so cold and I ran out of CSX, almost drove the green on one of the par 4s and chipped close for the Birdie. Had to be top 3 drives all year. laser beam up the middle. The Mav standard just feels faster all around (by design), and when struck well is so satisfying.

Feeling so confident with the Mavrik Max after last week’s round I’m considering pulling driver on the first tee tomorrow when I usually go hybrid...

How many of you have a couple shafts for your competition driver? It is awesome to have the ability to swap shafts if you want to. I only have the one but I am looking into getting a 2nd.
I do, but they have their own, different, Mavrik heads. I don't swap shafts for a certain layout or round, I just use a whole different driver, or carry both.

I'm going to swap tips on the TSi3 RDX over the holiday, so the Sub Zero and I will have to rekindle our relationship for a round or two. I'm looking forward to everything but the sound.

And I'm actually kind of curious to throw the RDX on the Sub Zero when I'm done and see how that goes. If there's a discernable difference.

While getting to play a surprise round of Sim golf, I played out of a buddy’s bag and he had the Epic Flash SZ. I also played my brother’s 12* Mav standard. It is crazy how much better the feel and sound are with the Mavrik. The EF feels and sounds harsh.

Well my Dad convinced me not to take driver and cut the corner on #1 yesterday 😒 but I did make par! After that I went 277, 203 (thanks trees...), 296, and 259 straight into the wind OVER the trees and cutting the corner. This driver is allowing me to be aggressive and cut corners I didn’t regularly consider in the past.

Well my Dad convinced me not to take driver and cut the corner on #1 yesterday 😒 but I did make par! After that I went 277, 203 (thanks trees...), 296, and 259 straight into the wind OVER the trees and cutting the corner. This driver is allowing me to be aggressive and cut corners I didn’t regularly consider in the past.
296 is DEEP!

Well my Dad convinced me not to take driver and cut the corner on #1 yesterday but I did make par! After that I went 277, 203 (thanks trees...), 296, and 259 straight into the wind OVER the trees and cutting the corner. This driver is allowing me to be aggressive and cut corners I didn’t regularly consider in the past.

Somebody’s driver swag is BACK!!!

I got a brand new like driver from Callaway pre-owned, the Maverick Max in 10.5 degree loft. I took it for a spin today at the local driving range and it really performed well. Does seem to cut down on some of the exaggerated mishits and has a lot of attractive characteristics to it. At address the driver looks sort of expensive and elegant, and has a great sound to it open contact. I did hit some nice towering long drives with it, as it is advertised to get the ball in the air and it does. It feels well-balanced and easy to swing and looks like it will be in my bag for 2021.

Much better day with the driver yesterday than Friday. 12/14 fairways. The 2 misses where slices but still playable luckily.
Still messing around with the driver shafts and have the Blue Ventus 5r, GD Tour AD IZ5 and the stock Riptide in 5.5.
I don't play the ball as far forward as most do and at times can be a hinderance making sure I get lined up where I need to be. Luckily yesterday I was able to hit a few balls before the round and the guy I was playing with told me I was to far away. It seemed to fix the issue. Game of inches.

I don’t need to look at CPO right now....a 9* standard Mavrik would be sweet!

Wooo! No standard Mavrik drivers available!

Last edited:
Back